Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Kokanee: A Complete Fishing Guide
Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Lindsey Stirling Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Shop Now

Format: Paperback|Change

on December 29, 1999
I am an avid California fisherman and spend most of my time fishing for the elusive Kokanee. Dave Biser has written a book that will greatly increase my Kokanee hook up this 2000 fishing season. I appreciate his detail in discussing the many types of lures, presentations, and miscellaneous tackle. Also, at the end of the book is a listing of addresses and phone #'s where the reader can contact a manufacture listed in the book. Pay attention to the chapter on scents because using "pro cure" is an idea I've never heard of until I read this book. It was easy to relate to Daves first experience in the small 14' aluminum boat, with the smoke belching 2-stroke, the big pen reels and lead-core. I've fished that method a hundred times.
on June 15, 2001
This book knocked my socks off. All I knew about kokanee when I started was a desire to fill my smoker with them. Now I feel I know more about these critters than I do about trout - and I've been fishing them for the last 5 years. Perfect blend of biology, technique, and expereince to make Kokanee fishing a reality for anyone who'd like to try. Now all I have to do is find a boat...<grin>
on April 17, 2008
From beginners to experts this book has something new in it for everyone. The list of lakes where Kokes can be found is helpful in planning trips. It also explains several methods to fish for Kokes. Whether you are fishing on a budget or have money to burn, the book will give you a technique you can afford. The book also spends time explaining the biology and ecology of the fish. Understanding your target species will always help you catch it. If you fish Kokes get this book.
on November 22, 2013
Jammed packed with information, tips and techniques ~ a worthy resource for beginner and experienced anglers alike. Sheds light on custom lure set-ups, importance of colors, and the best presentations to catch Kokanee ~
on March 3, 2016
Book is copywrited 1998 and it does show its age. I would guess that most of the where to fish information is no longer accurate. Book is well written and easy to read, but I didn't glean anything from it that I hadn't already read for free on the Internet. I guess times change.
on April 12, 2009
Fantastic insight to the art of Kokanee fishing. Dave has a delightful way of sharing his knowledge and insight that had me taking notes and treating the book as Gospel.
An awesome read for anglers.
on June 2, 2014
I purchased this for my husband for his birthday along with a new rod and reel. He enjoyed reading this book and had nothing but good things to say about this book.
on September 21, 2008
bought this book for my husband and he has been enjoying reading it.
said it is informative. glad for the purchase
on April 22, 2010
I know some of the people referenced in this book. Great information and a bundle of knowldedge. Some of the product references could be updated but the knowledge and style of catching Kokanee are right on the mark.
on March 8, 2015
Great information for the aspiring kokanee fisherman. Learn everything from lure selection to trolling and jigging techniques as well as popular kokanee lakes.