Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Tailgating FFII_gno

Size: 5 lbs|Change

Showing 1-10 of 393 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 434 reviews
on October 27, 2016
The perfect rice for making sticky rice! The perfect rice needs the perfect recipe...

1/2 cup rice vinegar
1/4 cup water
4 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon salt

(This recipe is for 3 cups of uncooked sushi rice!. Cook the rice first...)

You do not need a saucepan! Just mix warm water in a bowl, dissolve in sugar and salt, add the rice vinegar. (ONLY USE RICE VINEGAR!!! Apple or any other vinegar will be too bitter tasting. Rice vinegar is slightly sweet in comparison.)

Pour it over your cooked rice while it is still warm. Mix it well with a wooden spoon or rice paddle.

Next...

Make sushi!!
on May 14, 2017
The good and the bad:
Great price for 5 pounds of sushi rice. I usually use Lindemans and it's that price for 2 pounds. I also use the rice vinegar concoction when making this after it is done.
Attempt #1: followed the directions exactly for 1 cup dried rice using my Cuisinart Rice cooker that I always use. The rice was undercooked. It went in the trash.
Attempt #2 - I rinsed the rice clear even though directions said don't. Not very sticky, still slightly undercooked.
Attempt #3- Increased the rice to 2 cups, rinsed the rice, followed the directions, done.
#3 was a winner.
You may not get the right texture and stick on your first try if you use a rice cooker. Fear not, just follow my lead and go to #3.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 9, 2014
This is a great deal for sushi rice. I've struggled so much with trying to find short grain rice in my local stores (even the health-food store doesn't carry it) and i'm really glad i was able to find it on amazon. It's five pounds, so it makes about twice that or more when cooked so you wont have to buy anymore soon. I use this every time i make my own sushi and i've always used it to make risotto and both have turned out quite well. Just make sure you add one cup of water for each cup of rice you make and only heat it to boiling and then cover and let simmer on low.
on November 5, 2016
Bought this to use with my rice maker. Very high quality. White and pure, no brown flecks or impurities. Doesn't need to be washed, but if you have time, let soak in water for 30-90 min (as long as you can) before you cook. Does wonders.

I added 1.5 cups rice + 1.5 cups water + 0.25 cup rice vinegar and it was too much vinegar. I'd used much less next time.
on August 10, 2017
I LOVE this rice. It tastes absolutely delicious and is so EASY to make.

Best way I've found to cook this:
Water to rice: 1:1
Heat water and rice on high until you see bubbles creeping the edge.
Immediately close and turn to lowest heat.
Cook for 10 mins exactly.
Remove from heat and enjoy!

Also, I love the packaging on this rice. It's beautiful. (Added bonus.)
on October 30, 2015
Great rice if you take your time a prep it before you cook it. Use a fine sive and large pot run cold water to cover let sit for about 45 min. Then lift the sive and rice dump the cloudy water, hold sive under slow cold running water until water passes through clear. I let it sit on the empty pot another 20 minutes more, then use my rice cooker measure, and it comes out GREAT. Unless you live in a rice field it's about as close of a taste as your going to find Great Product and Service. No Problem
on June 20, 2016
great rice. This stuff turns out super sticky (when prepared with rice vinegar and sugar). Make sure and rinse it 10+ times before cooking. Would buy again.
review image
on April 21, 2017
Way bigger than I was expecting, I guess I didn't realiE what 5lbs of rice looks like. This will last you awhile! Great quality for making some home made sushi, I made it in my rice cooker according to my rice cooker instructions. The rice package says to add less water than my rice cooker does, but I think that makes the rice too crumbly. So just cook according to the rice cooker instructions (if you use one) and you'll be fine! Definitely look no further.
on September 8, 2017
My family is Asian (Korean/Japanese) so naturally we eat a crap ton of rice. This is our family's go to brand of rice and it has not failed me yet. Whether you're cooking a huge pot for the family or just a personal 3-cup cooker, as long as you kind of know what you're doing then the rice always turns out perfectly. I've recently moved out so I only cook for myself now but I will definitely be getting this again after I finish eating the first bag I bought though I'm not sure when that would be! 5 lb of uncooked rice is a lot for one person!!
on September 30, 2015
I surprised my fiance with homemade sushi. I wasn't sure which sushi rice to buy, but I stumbled upon this one, and I'm so glad that I purchased it. It was absolutely delicious. It tasted better than restaurant sushi. I mixed it with some sugar, rice vinegar, and a couple of other ingredients, and it was so tasty. My fiance was really impressed. The price is great too.