Truck Reviews Beauty Magazine Deals Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on January 21, 2016
I think this is the coolest thing ever. I always want to know how to make different types of salad dressings and unfortunately due to laziness I don't feel like looking up recipes. Now with this bottle everything is literally right at my finger tips. I wish I knew about this years ago because I would've gotten it! This is a must have item for any kitchen ESPECIALLY if you're a salad eater. I will be buying more of these bottles (they have different varieties)

DISCLAIMER - I do review items, but this item
I paid FULL PRICE for and this is my honest review.
on January 27, 2011
I eat salads almost every day at work and wanted a small bottle to carry my homemade dressing back and forth from home. I'm also on a kick for buying as many made in the USA products as possible so was pleasantly surprised when I found this reasonably priced bottle. The recipes on the side are helpful- I've used them a couple times and they do taste good but I usually make my own creations. But I didn't buy the bottle for the recipes, I bought it because it's a cheap glass salad dressing bottle.

I don't know if it's is officially sanctioned, but I do wash this bottle in the dishwasher. The recipes on the side have not faded with frequent washings. I hand wash the cap.

A couple other reviewers mentioned the cap and I do agree that is this bottle's weak point. Even with the cap screwed on tightly, I have to be careful to keep the bottle upright in my lunch bag or I end up with an oily mess. No biggie, though- I guess I won't put a full bottle of dressing in my checked luggage.

4 stars. It's good for what it is but the cap could use some improvement.
81 people found this helpful
on December 8, 2015
After traveling across Europe, one of the things I loved was homemade salad dressing. I had always purchased it from a bottle at home. Then I found out how easy and more nutritious it is made fresh! I started using this bottle IMMEDIATELY! I love it even though I do add or omit items on the recipe to customize it. This bottle makes the measuring simple as pi...well pie anyway.

I usually do it a day in advance so the spices have a chance to bloom.

FANTASTIC product. This is my third purchase!
on March 19, 2018
Burst when olive oil hardened in the bottom. Not frozen, just burst.

So olive oil hardens at refrigerated temps. Totally normal. I made some dressing which included some parmesan, and tossed it in the fridge. Welp, this thing burst when the olive oil got hard. Thin wall glass ruin this idea.
on April 8, 2018
This measurements listed for this bottle are incorrect. Amazon shows them as 3.8" x 3.8 x 7". I bought two of these bottles on the basis of those incorrect measurements because I needed bottles no more than 7" tall to fit on my refrigerator door shelf.

These bottles are not 7" tall. They are 8" tall. Rats.

(Debating whether to go to the bother of sending them back to get a refund or just try to find some people to give them to.)
on September 4, 2016
I got this in part because of the proportions on the bottle, thinking it would save me the trouble of looking up my honey mustard dressing recipe each time I made it - but the proportions are wrong. Then I thought maybe the honey and the olive oil were reversed, but that didn't work either. I tried using my usual recipe and pouring the ingredients in the bottle to see if they lined up with anything. No luck! So now, I just use it as a dressing bottle. It works fine. No drips or leaks. I haven't tried any of the other recipes on the bottle.
on March 3, 2016
I have used these bottles a number of times already, and I love the size and weight. The text seems very well painted on the sides and shows no signs of wear or fading as yet. I don't use the dishwasher, though, since I plan to use the dressing recipes more. I tried the honey-mustard, and it was great! It has no mayo, so works well as a dip for meats. The only change that would make them better is to have a lid that offers a pour option like a similar bottle I already own. These regular lids seem sturdier and as if they have a bit better seal, though, so it's a tradeoff. I love them!
on July 6, 2017
Very user friendly with the recipes right on the bottle. Asian, Caesar. French, Greek, Italian, Red Wine Vinaigrette, Honey Mustard
The only one I'm concerned about is the Honey Mustard, it shows to put honey in about a third of the bottle. Maybe that is correct but appears to be way too much honey. If it is correct, I will stop eating Honey Mustard dressing as way too much sugar. It would, also, be helpful to have a "pop-on pop-off" insert to control the amount of dressing pouring out so the salad isn't drenched.
on November 18, 2014
This nice little salad dressing bottle lets you mix homemade salad dressings quickly and easily, with 8 dressing recipes printed on the side of the bottle. We like to mix our own salad dressing to avoid the added sugar and preservatives that are in store bought dressings and this bottle really works well for that purpose. Each recipe includes fill lines for each major liquid ingredient, so you will only need to break out the measuring spoons for herbs and spices and other more solid ingredients.

The only slight downside is that the dressing recipes are mostly for oil-based dressings (Greek, Italian, Caesar, vinaigrettes), not for creamy dressings like ranch or blue cheese - and I have two small kids who LOVE thick dressing as a dip for veggies and other foods. There is a French and a Honey Mustard recipe on the bottle and we make those a bit thicker for our kids to use as dips by simply adding less of the liquid-y ingredients. My personal favorite is Greek dressing - I mix up a bottle's worth and then use it in mason jar salads for my lunches at work.
on August 31, 2016
I was just looking for a salad dressing bottle, but then found this and saw that it has recipes for all my favorite dressings. As soon as I got it, I made the Balsamic dressing and thought it was great! Have not yet experienced cap issues, but I happen to have another dressing bottle with an identical cap, so I have a backup.
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.