Kombucha Brewing Kit with Organic Kombucha Scoby. Includes Glass Brew Jar, Organic Kombucha Loose Leaf Tea, Temperature Gauge, Organic Sugar and More!
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- MADE BY KOMBUCHA BREWERS FOR KOMBUCHA BREWERS: This kit has helped hundreds of thousands of people just like you become rockstar kombucha home brewers! Including only 100% organic ingredients, you'll have everything you need to start brewing as soon as it arrives and the kombucha culture and equipment to keep you going for years.
- QUALITY PRODUCTS: We've already done the research and design for you - the included 1 Gallon Brewing Jar is made of thick American glass and built to last. Screen printed on the side of the brew jar is our unique Brew Notes feature, allowing you to keep track of the details of each brew. Our custom pH test strips and temperature gauge will help you monitor your brew's progress. Feel lost at any point? Our customer support team is here to quickly answer any of your questions along the way.
- EXPERT KNOWLEDGE: More educational material than any other kit on the market - we ensure your brewing success! Our fan favorite brewing instructions take all the guesswork out of brewing for the first time. When you're done with your initial brew, the included 16 page Post-Brewing Guide will walk you through how to bottle your brew, experiment with different flavors and care for your kombucha culture.
- CERTAIN TO GROW: Our kombucha cultures are commercially grown using only purified water, organic sugar, organic teas and organic kombucha starter. We take pride in growing the healthiest, happiest kombucha cultures possible so you can start off brewing on the right foot.
- THE PERFECT PRESENT: This complete and beautiful kit is sure to be the perfect present for any kombucha fan in your life!
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
American Made, High Quality Tools
The only kit on the market with pH Strips custom made for kombucha testing to better measure the acidic side of the pH scale. Made in NY, USA
Our unique Brew Notes feature on the side of our jar helps you keep track of your brews better, which leads to a deeper understanding of your craft and tastier kombucha! This FDA Food Grade glass brew jar is made in Kentucky and screen printed in Milwaukee, WI.
Made just outside Chicago, IL, our temperature gauges last for years. The degrees are listed larger in F° for easy monitoring.
Expert Content & Customer Support
Our detailed step by step directions are fool proof! We take all of the guesswork out of brewing for the first time, making it easy, quick and fun.
We're the only kit on the market that deeply focuses on brewing education. Our learning materials answer every question you could have along the way. And in our Post-Brewing Guide, we teach you how to flavor for an incredible tasting kombucha sure to outdo even your favorite store bought brand.
Our knowledgable team of brewers and customer support staff are here for you every step of the way! Need brewing or order support? A real human in Madison, WI will email you back pronto.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
-OXO Good Grips 3-Inch Mini Strainer: This is great for filtering out the fruit and particles when serving your kombucha following the secondary fermentation.
-Calphalon Nylon Ladle Utensil: I use this for transferring the kombucha from the big gallon jar to the flip top bottles that I use for the secondary fermentation (see below) and this works great because it has notches on either side for more precise pouring of liquids. You could use an auto-siphon but I just find this to be easier and more simple.
-CASE OF 12 - 16 oz. EZ Cap Beer Bottles - CLEAR: These are some fantastic flip top bottles that I use for the secondary fermentation process and they are much cheaper than the ones on the Kumbucha Shop website.
-OXO Good Grips 3-Piece Funnel and Strainer Set: The smaller size works perfect with the bottles above and makes bottling a snap.
-Cuisinart CTG-08-SSK Stainless Steel Skimmer: This is entirely optional because you can just as easily use your hands but it works great for gently fishing the culture out of the kombucha. I know some say not to use metal with kombucha but stainless steel is supposed to pretty safe and it's only in contact with the kombucha for a few seconds so I don't believe it has much of any effect on the kombucha but if you want to be ultra safe, just go with the tried and true method of using your hands.
After our first batch had been brewing for about a week, I was worried about how the scoby was looking, so I sent two photos to The Kombucha Shop. They got back to me right away, and let me know that the darker spots I was worried about are a natural part of the scoby's growth.
While the instructions that come with this kit are really helpful (and there's even a little booklet that gives you recipes and explains how/when to bottle your brew), I also bought The Big Book of Kombucha: Brewing, Flavoring, and Enjoying the Health Benefits of Fermented Tea, which has been really helpful.
After making our first batch, we moved to a continuous brew (CB) system, and that has been working really well. The supplies we've since bought for our CB system are these, all of which I'd recommend:
* Circleware Cranston Huge Glass Beverage Drink Dispenser, 3 gallon, Clear
* 1 X Stainless WorksTM Stainless Steel Beverage Dispenser Replacement Spigot(Polished Finish) -- this is stainless steel, so is safe to run the kombucha through
* Pratico Kitchen 18oz Leak-Proof Glass Bottles, Juicing Containers, Water / Beverage Bottles - 6-Pack -- these have done a great job of keeping our kombucha carbonated
* Wholesome Sweeteners Organic Fair Trade Sugar, 10 Pound
* Newman's Own Organic Black Tea - 100 Bags
Although this seems like a large outlay, it's become so much cheaper than buying bottles at the local market, which range from $3-5 a bottle. It's also a fun process, and we've enjoyed experimenting with different flavors.
This is a great kit to get started!