Kombucha Starter Kit with Kombucha SCOBY, Starter Tea, Certified Organic Sugar, Gallon Glass Jar with Lid, Coffee Filters, pH Strips, Thermometer, Tea, Tea Bag, Rubber Band, Instructions Kombucha Kit
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- LET US TAKE THE STRESS OUT OF BREWING FOR YOU! Our Kombucha Starter Kit was designed to address and eliminate issues that new kombucha brewers often encounter. Start brewing kombucha at home for life with this kit!
- INCLUDES ALL MATERIALS NEEDED FOR YOUR FIRST BREW! This kombucha starter kit comes with a 1-gallon glass jar with a plastic lid, a high-quality active SCOBY with strong starter tea, certified organic cane sugar, an 80-pack of pH strips, an adhesive thermometer, 3 Tbsp black tea blend, a cotton tea bag, 2 coffee filters, a rubber band, and straightforward instructions to walk you through your entire first brew!
- HIGH-QUALITY: Our gallon glass jars are made in the US and will withstand the test of time! Our SCOBYs are grown with certified organic sugar and all-natural black tea-- they are kept fresh and active until shipment to ensure you receive an active, happy, & healthy product! Each kombucha SCOBY is also packaged and shipped with strong starter tea!
- COFFEE FILTERS vs. CHEESECLOTH: A quick Google search will confirm coffee filters are superior to cheesecloth for home brewing Kombucha: cheesecloth can let in bugs, harmful bacteria, and other unwanted critters with the potential to ruin your kombucha brew! Coffee filters can also be easily reused and recycled!
- JOIN A COMMUNITY OF KOMBUCHA HOME-BREWERS! The Kombucha Starter Kit gives you access to the Bucha Brewers support team as well as countless guides, recipes, and additional Kombucha brewing resources! Welcome to the Bucha Brewers community!
Customer ratings by feature
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Kombucha Brewing Kits You Can Trust
Bucha Brewers Kombucha Kits are hand-crafted by kombucha home-brewing experts. Every item in your kit has been carefully selected in accordance with kombucha home-brewing best practices. What does this mean? In short, our kits will give you the best results and ensure the safety of your brew. Each kit comes with:
- A Fresh & Live Kombucha SCOBY
- 8 Ounces Strong, Acidic Kombucha Starter Tea
- 1- Gallon Glass Jar
- 1 Cup of Organic Cane Sugar
- pH Strips for Kombucha
- Adhesive Thermometer Strip
- 3-4 Tbsp Loose Black Tea Blend
- Cotton Tea Bag
- Brewing Instructions & Bonus Second Fermentation Guide
- Coffee Filters (optimal cover for protecting your jar during fermentation)
- Rubber Band
- BPA-Free plastic lid for jar
Being a Bucha Brewers customers also means you are a part of our vast kombucha home-brewing community. Find a large selection of brewing guides, tips, and recipes on our website.
Kombucha Brewing Resources & Dedicated Customer Support
Brewing Guides & Resources
Purchasing a Bucha Brewers kit means joining our kombucha home-brewing community. We offer countless guides ranging from healthy SCOBY identification to tips for creating brews with more carbonation. Become a kombucha expert in no time with our wide array of brewing resources.
Unrivaled Customer Support
Our customer support team is highly responsive and ready to make sure you have an excellent kombucha brewing experience!
Should you have any unanswered questions, send them our way and receive a prompt and detailed reply from our kombucha brewing experts. You can count on us!
Bonus Second Fermentation Guide + Online Recipes
The Bucha Brewers Kombucha Brewing Kit comes with a bonus second fermentation kombucha guide. Need some inspiration for your first recipes? Find a wide array of delicious kombucha recipes on our website! You can also find guides on flavoring kombucha, carbonating kombucha, and even more for your second fermentations!
Quality Equipment & Best-Practice Applications
US-Made Gallon Fermentation Jars
Our gallon glass jars are the perfect size for kombucha home-brewing, and they are built to last. These premium jars are manufactured in the US and will withstand years of kombucha brewing.
Coffee Filters vs. Cheesecloth
While they may not look as pretty, we use coffee filters for kombucha brewing in accordance with brew safety best-practices. Coffee filters are superior to cheesecloth for home brewing kombucha: cheesecloth can let in bugs, harmful bacteria, and other unwanted critters with the potential to ruin your kombucha brew! Coffee filters also allow for optimal airflow.
Healthy & Active Kombucha SCOBYs
We focus on the quality of our kombucha SCOBYs, and it shows! Our SCOBYs are packed shortly before shipment to ensure you receive a live and active SCOBY that will result in an excellent first kombucha brew.
Our SCOBYs come with a full cup of strong starter tea to ensure your brew is properly protected. Our SCOBYs are grown on premium ingredients, optimized for kombucha SCOBY health. What does this mean? You will brew incredible batches of kombucha!
Compare with similar items
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I recently completed the primary fermentation step and I’m loving the flavor! Day 9 is the right flavor for me and my husband. The original SCOBY I placed in the first fermentation grew another baby SCOBY, and I’m starting a SCOBY hotel to store them while I get more supplies for my second (and bigger) batch!
I can honestly say this starter kit has been a hassle-free and worthwhile investment as I venture into the world of Kombucha brewing. The product is very easy to use and at a great price, and I’m looking forward to trying out some of the Kombucha recipes on the website when I brew my future batches!
UPDATE: I absolutely love this kit! I made two amazing batches of kombucha so far! It brewed perfectly, and had the perfect taste. I will definitely be ordering another kit for myself, my sister, and one for my friend. The scoby is healthy, thriving, and brewing another batch! Definitely get this kit! It makes everything so much easier when a kit is put together, but most importantly a thriving scoby and starter tea are included. You can't go wrong for this price.
I'm here to tell you it did work....too well. Now I'm addicted! Warning folks: this is a LOGARITHMIC HOBBY.
From just Dec 22 to now on Jan 2, I've made 3/4 of a gallon and just set up my original SCOBY and its offspring (at which I exclaimed, "Awww, a BABY!" upon discovering its presence this evening) into my 2nd and 3rd batches this time using barley tea. I fear I'll soon be overrun, found Howard Hughes-style in a few months surrounded by large glass jars filled with fermenting liquids at varying degrees of the sugar water to vinegar spectrum., muttering to myself about degrees Brix and
This kit's price was the best I found, so I decided to try it out. The instructions were easy as can be. A week into my brew, I had this monster baby scoby & awesome smelling kombucha!
I also checked out the website & found some recipes for second fermentation. I just put together a few strawberry basil bottles & can't wait to break into them. just wish I would have switched to home-brewing sooner!