Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-5 of 5 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 7 reviews
on October 16, 2012
I put this on my wish list despite the fact that it was not available. Some time went by then out of the blue there it was. It came on time and as advertised in the original box and with the owners manuals. It's a real treat because Konica Minolta stopped making cameras in '05-'06 and the Maxxum 7D was the last. I had given up hope of ever owning a vertical control grip for this camera let alone one in such pristine condition. Thank you, thank you, thank you to the seller and to the Amazon Wish List. Take it from me... even if it isn't available now add it to your wish list...it may show up later. You won't regret it.
on October 25, 2007
I was very fortunate and blessed by God to find this thing. It was new in the box along with the camera NIB also. I was wondering if I should get the thing. I wouldn't have gotten the 7D w/o the grip as I own it's film brother the Maxxum 7 w/ a vertical control grip. The price for both items together seemed a little steep at the time, however I pulled out the credit card and got them both and I have no regrets as God let me have this as I always wanted one bad to replace the battery hog called the DiMage 7 and I could use the lenses I have. The thing is made out of the same tough material as the 7D and can take 2 Minolta batteries, so that makes it do a lot of shooting. Also the grip makes it a good one hand shooting camera. By all means get one and it's worth the $$!
on March 6, 2005
I also have a Maaxxum 9 and purchased the vertical grip for it. I feel the vertical grip is an essential accessory.

The reason I didn't give a 5 rating is because the hand strap didn't come with the VC-7D Grip. I don't understand why because the hand strap came with Maxxum 9 vertical grip. You'd think that for $200 they would at least give you the hand strap, now wouldn't you!
on December 29, 2012
This grip is great to use. Gives the camera (D7000) the extra weight that I was looking for. I found out that you can not use AA batteries because it does not do well with the camera when it's time to switch between batteries. Suggest that you use the Nikon batter for both the camera and the grip! Have not had a problem with the grip since and enjoying every bit of it.
on January 23, 2010
This has worked fine for controlling the camera, for a couple of years now. It makes the camera balance better in your hand (adds weight that I think the camera needed). It also increases the height of the camera body, which makes it fit my hand perfectly. People with smaller hands might not like that!

The durability question comes from the fact that the slide-in adapter that lets you use standard AA rechargeable batteries worked briefly before apparently no longer making contact when inserted into the grip. Even with a known set of good, charged AAs in it, it doesn't work. It has me puzzled, because the adapter is a very simple piece of equipment, with nothing but a plastic frame holding the batteries and a few metal pieces connecting their ends ...

I just contacted the manufacturer to see about getting a replacement battery holder for it - here's hoping!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.