Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: FPS Freek Phantom - PS4
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Britney Spears Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Back to School

on December 29, 2014
IMPORTANT EDIT: With this review I also want to give people warnings, and some info on how to make the most of the kontrol freeks products. as well as write some more examples of how they have helped. If you are interested in this product and don't know which FPS FREEK to get, I reccomend skipping a little of this review and read the part where I explain the 4 different lengths of FPS freeks. I've been using it since December, it is now March 12, 2015 as of writing this, and I just got done with a long session of Black Ops 2. First off, my accuracy percent have gone up a lot on my guns. My an94 went from 19% to 21.80(A really nice upgrade as I have a lot of kills with it, so moving the accuracies up take a bit longer on my main account because of how much I've played) On my new account, completely soloing, my KD is 3.99, 2.53 w/l, and almost 500 SPM. My accuracy with all assault riffles and even SMGS are really high(nothing lower than 23% and nothing higher than 28%) THIS IS NOT TO BRAG: I just want to point out the effects of this product. Now I'm not saying this is going to make you an aim bot on PvP shooters like cod. In order to do well, you still need a good connection, map knowledge, and find the sensitivity for yourself where you are not missing shots, you want to be CONSISTENT with your aim. My warning: 1.) Do not use thumbstick with messy fingers. Always wash your hands and fingers thoroughly before use. These kontrol freeks are white and WILL collect dirt if you aren't clean. I clean my phantoms every day, you should too. take good care of this product. I also want to mention that the package comes with two freeks. I want to give HUGE props to the workers at KF for this quality product, because my second one remains unused, and will be used when my first one breaks or gets too old. It remains like new! So I'm very happy with that.

Warnings and examples aside, there are 4 different lengths of kontrol freeks. These are: Super short: ALPHAS(No added height to your sticks, for those that like the original height of thumb sticks but just want to change their thumb stick tops. Short: CQC signature(for those that don't like the feeling of the tall thumb sticks, but want that little added height. I would get these if you play on a low-medium sensitivity) Medium:PHANTOMS: (For those that like medium to higher sensitivities. These allow you to get more control over slight adjustments.) and then max length, ULTRA X and SNIPR: These are really beneficial for super high sensitivities, they allow you more control. However, super high sens are still pretty touch to control)

IMPORTANT: If you are unsure of which one to buy, I highly recommend buying VORTEX as it comes with one tall stick and one short stick-Allowing you too see which FPS freek and which sensitivity gives you the best control.

ORIGINAL REVIEW:The look of these kontrol freeks ALONE makes me want to give it 5 stars. Very clean and nice design, super comfortable, and I've definitely seen a huge change to my accuracy. These are my first FPS product, never really bought into the hype until I watched my friend play with them and I was shocked. You are able to control high sensitivities much better with these, so tracking targets at range becomes easier. I really like how snappy my aim is now, they help at all ranges whether it's short, medium, and long. I was able to completely turn on people with ease with this product, (on a low sensitivity, mind you.) I originally bought these because I felt like the sticks on the PS4 controller are too short, to the point where my thumb kept slipping off, so I found my aim was off target way more than usual.
To anyone with doubt about fps freeks= Give it time. Don't just use it for an hour, or even a month and then throw it off. You WILL see an improvement! Just keep in your mind how they work.

These have become my special little gaming secret and truly gave me success to my new found confidence to my accuracy~<3
on November 20, 2015
The grips on my PS4 had worn out, so i decided to pick these up. While i cannot say that it has for sure "Improved my accuracy" or gaming at all, it has helped me crank up the sensitivity on my controller which comes in handy. All in all, these are well built and designed. They take a little getting used to but after an hour or so of gaming i pretty much forgot that they were there. They are also comfortable and take away a lot of the strain that i used to get on my thumbs while playing for a few hours straight. All in all, i love this product, but will it really improve your game? It may, but if you are an average gamer it will not make you a great gamer.
on March 15, 2016
Had to spend another $10 to get free shipping on an item so I figured I'd give these a try. Heard that extensions make your gameplay. Thought it was exaggeration but I have noticed an improvement in my gameplay. Makes aiming in first person shooters more precise with smaller movements and they are not uncomfortable. I would definitely recommend these if you are looking to improve your gameplay with first person shooters.
on April 21, 2016
This product is uncomfortable for me. The height of is too high. Its hard for me to use my ps4 controller with it. I cant move properly and also hard to use the right analog stick. Highly dissapointed. But if you have big hands than its the right product for you. It was not for me thats all.
on January 3, 2016
Perfect fit on ps4 controller. Bought 2, one as a gift for a buddy who wasn't sure it was worth the money, but now who can't play without them! Makes controller more comfortable for adult hands and makes aiming easier by reducing necessary movement of thumb sticks. Reminds me of car short shifters. I give only 4 out of five due to less than expected life span. These last 6-8 months before they start to wear out or worst case the rubber pad can fall off. Worth the money still imo as I put mine through heavy use.
review image review image
on October 13, 2014
These are great, blends well with my PS4 White controller and they have seriously improved my range and control. I never catch myself ramming that analog into one of the edges to get where I need to go also they allow you to play at higher sensitivity with more control I used to play at about 3-4 (med) on most FPS, now I am at 6-7 and every few days I feel the need to turn it up.
on July 13, 2015
These help by raising the thumb sticks up making the movement slower, allowing you to get on target faster. Can get odd to use at first, but pretty cool idea over all. I suggest trying them out for any games (FPS especially).
on May 12, 2014
Yes, it's a little bit more comfortable and the stick throw is lessened (supposedly contributing to increased accuracy and sensitivity), but I'm not that convinced. Maybe it's just my intermediate skill level or sensitivity settings, but I really can't tell the difference between the kontrol freaks and OEM controls; guess I'll have to tweak the sensitivity settings in-game and edit this review for updates. Just try to control your level of excitement or the kontrol freaks knobs will tend to pop off. Otherwise a good product and a step in the right direction for customization.
on May 23, 2015
Takes some getting used to, but I've combined these with the AAA-Shocks, which can also be found on here and I'm happy with the way they feel. This product seems very sturdy and of good quality, careful if you also combined with the AAA-Shocks, because that product on the other hand, feels like it cost 5 cents to make and one of mine already broke. I should also say that I have smaller hands and play on a lower sensitivity, when I first tried these things, I felt it made the controls a bit unstable. It was only combining them with some resistance that I felt like it was something I wanted to keep. So just a heads up, these might not be for everyone.
on June 18, 2016
Falls off with partially torned analog, and falls off less frequently with perfectly fine analog. Been using this for approximately 10~hours in overwatch and at least once a game, the grip falls off the analog, usually when pushing forward. When its on, it stills hits the sides of the analog plastic and needs to be rotated to a specific spot to prevent that, which is hard to maintain in an FPS. Maybe its the specific one I received (looked a little used when received as observed from the visible dirt on the grip) that's no good. But this definitely did not work for my intended needs.