Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 99 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 116 reviews
on September 7, 2015
It works as a flea comb, but I could not find a way to make it kill fleas. It emits a high pitched whining noise when 'on' and it did discharge a few times, but all of the fleas it took off of the dog were unharmed. In the end, I returned this product.
on September 1, 2015
It makes a humming sound when you use it, but the cats don't seem to mind that and all three cats actually liked being combed by it. Don't know that it actually is killing anything, but they like the combing. Was hoping to get away from using the drops they all hate to have put on their backs, but this doesn't seem to get very deep into the fur to be effective, I have all short hair cats and it seems to skim over the fur more than go into it. Will have to test it awhile and see if it really does anything. I think it makes a buzzy sound when it comes in contact with a flea, it definitely makes some other sound every once in awhile.
on June 7, 2009
This item reminds me of those hard sell infomercials telling you to buy their "special" product and it will make your life easier or better in some way. Then you fall for it, use it a few times and then it gets stored somewhere and never used again. I wish I had googled "Flea Zapper reviews" before I purchased this thing.

This thing works sometimes but it is a pain in the you know what. I purchased it thinking I wouldn't have to remove fleas from the comb because the fleas would get zapped, die and fall off. WRONG. A lot get stunned and bounce right back. And, fleas still get stuck in these tongs and have to be manually removed before it will start again. That little brush provided to "brush" the stuck fleas out of the tongs does work but not all the time. And, it is small and easily misplaced.
This Flea Zapper stays in my pet supply box because I find using a plain ole flea comb easier. (Use Four Paws Pet Comb with Wood Handle for Fleas for Extra Fine Coats with the SILVER tongs (black tongs hard to see fleas-see review)

It makes a loud buzzy noise that one cat runs from and if you touch a sensitive part of your pet with it-zap-never to see that animal again anywhere near this thing. Also, it is hard to use on my longer haired cats as the tongs are not that long.

I regret buying this flea zapper and any yard sale in the future will definitely include this item.
on October 11, 2015
Would not recomemd. It might work if the bristles would go into the fir. Has little "balls" on the tips that prevent the comb from going down into the fir where the fleas are. I chased a couple of fleas around the cat and not only did it not zap them it would not catch them. Have used the epilady electric flea comb, it worked great but my daughter left it on and it got to hot and didnt work as good. Wasted my money on this. Will go back to the epilady.
review image
on June 19, 2013
Many years ago, someone I knew had a flea zapper (a different kind) and it worked perfectly. I was expecting this one to work just as great. When I got it in the mail, I instantly felt like it was a cheaply made product and then when I went to use it, I had several issues. It would not zap anything and it would barely even comb through my cat's hair. The bristles were too close together.

I felt more like this product was a joke. There is no way someone made this, expecting it to work.

I do NOT recommend this to anyone, unless you get a kick out of watching someone struggle to make it work.
on September 25, 2014
A total waste of money for me. I have two dogs that are shorthaired Italian Greyhound mixes and it wouldn't even kill the fleas on short hair - I can't imagine how it would work on a long haired dog. The problem is the "nubs" at the end of the comb's teeth - they don't allow the comb to get into the hair and work properly. All in all, I had to return what I had hoped would be a safe alternative to chemical treatments.
on October 28, 2013
This "comb" produced so much noise and vibration when you turned it on that NONE of my animals would come close to me when I tried to use it. I did try to familiarize the cats with it, with the unit not turned on, but they wouldn't even come near it when it was turned off.

I would NOT recommend this product to anyone and I wish I had not wasted $39.9\5 for it. It remains sitting in its b ox.

Sorry. NOT a good product. I wish I had my money back.

Michelle McKnight
on January 13, 2012
How this comb is supposed to work:

The comb is two rows of tiny electrodes. When a flea gets between the rows a small voltage electrocutes it. The device makes a high-pitched sound that varies when the comb comes in contact with fur, fleas or fingers.

Sounds simple, but in practice it doesn't work well.

For one thing, the small voltage is detectable, though not harmful. Your pet is going to HATE you for zapping him.

Also, there are plastic guides along the ends to try to keep the electrodes off your pet's sensitive flesh. Unfortunately, unless your pet has a thick or curly coat the guides actually hold the comb off the fur.

The only plus to this device is that you can play it like a theramin.
on February 11, 2016
Does NOT work for long/thick hair. Can't even tell if it really works on short hair!
on November 16, 2013
This is a great idea, but the Koolatron Electronic Pet Flea Zapping Comb falls short of zapping anything!
I have a few dogs with different types of hair, most with short hair, so short you can see the flea's moving around in there fur.
Using the comb to chase the flea's through the fur, I would occasionally catch a flea, but most would just jump off.
Never did see one get zapped or killed by the comb and that was disappointing for such a good idea!
Sorry Koolatron!