|Item Weight||8.8 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||11 x 11 x 14 inches|
|Item model number||KWCXJ6|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $7.99 shipping
Koolatron KWCXJ6 Coca-Cola 9-Can-Capacity Mini Fridge, Red
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 7-liter mini fridge holds up to 9 12-ounce cans of soda
- Solid-state thermoelectric cooling system keeps drinks cold
- Self-locking recessed door handle; removable shelf
- Vibrant red exterior with white Coca-Cola trademark
- Measures 11 by 11 by 14 inches
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
Original review, 09/10: I bought this fridge for work to keep my lunch and milk cool so I can avoid the company fridge. It's the perfect size -- it holds a quart carton of milk. Right now I also have in it a small Pyrex lunch dish, half a cantaloupe, and a block of cheese -- and there's room for more. It's whisper-quiet, low-key, and everything in it is very cold.
One thing to note is that mine, which I ordered through Amazon, does not look like the picture. It's more rounded, the oval on the front is a metal design that looks like a retro refrigerator, and besides a tiny Coca-Cola logo on the top, there are no others (meaning, no big logo on the side or the front). It's very cute, much more so than the picture shown here. It's lightweight and not very big for the amount of space inside. It's also worth noting that there is a small shelf on the inside of the door -- very small -- but big enough to put an 8 ounce block of cheese in vertically.
That said, I don't know how long it will last. Mine is running 24 hours a day. So far it's the best purchase I've made all year and the price is fantastic, especially compared to other mini fridges that aren't much bigger.
1. BUY AN EXTENDED WARRANTY - YOU WILL NEED IT!
2. The "shelf" they reference is a tiny pocket in the door, not a shelf by any means. There isn't much that fits in there. It's about an inch or less deep and not as wide as the door.
3. The power cord is the weirdest thing I've ever seen. It's a DC (car) power cable, with an AC adapter, so you plug the AC in to the wall, plug the DC part into the fridge, then hook the two together. Kind of neat except that there is nothing holding the two together. If anything tugs on the cord at all, the point where the DC plugs into the AC just pulls apart - very easily.
4. I don't know if this is the case for all of them, but on mine the Cold and Hot are reversed. I had to switch it to Hot and have the red light on for it to be cold.
5. Condensation is a definite issue. You will want to mop the fridge out regularly, but this is the case for any tiny refrigerator, not just this one. Coolers don't have this problem, the little refrigerators do.
6. It can get loud. I had mine on the headboard to keep medication and beverages in. We have a window a/c unit running at all times and sometimes this fridge got too loud even over the sound of the a/c.
I definitely wouldn't waste my money on this again. Fortunately I got the extended warranty so I at least get two goes at it!
Now, don't get me wrong, it still runs, but with the roar of a jet engine under my desk, not exactly discreet. I am mechanically inclined, so I will be taking it home, dismantling it, & I'll either grease or change out the fan motor bearings if possible. I will update again to show the outcome. Bummer.
Original: 3/3/11 I received my little red retro cooler in 2 days & this thing is adorable. I love all things retro & this definitely fits the retro vibe. I am NOT a Coca-Cola fan, so the tiny little emblem on the top-front area of this cool cube is a mild annoyance to me; I'll end up slapping a sticker over it I'm sure. If you are a Coca-Cola fan, you will be disappointed in the size of the marking; it is only slightly bigger than a quarter. It would be awesome in fun retro colors, but alas, it is only offered in red.
I plugged it in upon unpacking & it got cold fast! I didn't try the heat since I have no interest in the heat option. I bought this for my work cubicle, I figured it would be quite & small enough to conceal from nosey neighbors with prying eyes. I smuggled it in, placed it under my desk, & let her rip. It is whisper quiet & very easily hidden; I've been enjoying refreshing super cold Pepsi products (sacrilege?) ever since! I can't speak for how long it will last, but I will update the review later on down the road. As a note: I will be turning it off & opening the door every day before I go home, I believe this will help make the fan motor last longer, but only time will tell.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Really liked the cooler -- worked like a charm and cute. Then after 8 months, suddenly died. sent it back to factory at my expense for replacement. still waiting 3 months later. Read morePublished 21 months ago by Sue P.
I have one under my desk at the office. I also have a personal coffee maker and bought the fridge to store my 1/2 & 1/2...bad idea. Read morePublished on July 6, 2014 by GPrints
DID NOT WORK AT ALL. VERY DISSAPPOINTED. I RETURNED THIS ITEM FOR A REFUND.Published on July 3, 2014 by DRD132615
I needed a small cooler for my bar and this was the perfect size. It is only used on the weekend so I turn it on Friday morning and it's ready when the party starts.Published on May 19, 2014 by Pen Name
This mini fridge is just ideal for me. I have a personal cube and this compact device suits me just fine. I love it.Published on April 7, 2014 by Lynda Wright