Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Foo Fighters GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 105 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 115 reviews
on July 29, 2013
this is a piece of junk. I ordered it, and it didn't work. I contacted the seller asking for my money back. It took several emails back and forth between me and the seller before he greed make good on a refund. All this junk Amazon is selling on their from this site and all the China knock offs should be band. He had me jumping through hoops trying all different kind of thinks to see if zi could make it work. The final straw was when he told me I needed to plug in my new Iphone to see if it would work. I told him no way I was going to take that chance. Save your time, trouble and possible money. Don't deal with this seller. They say they are true and honest, but only after they give you a hard time. This is junk. Stay away.
on May 19, 2014
I received the product today and could not wait to try it. The instruction manual was missing, as well as the USB power connector cable. There are instructions printed on the back of the box, perhaps that is what they meant by instruction manual? As stated in other reviews, the instructions are VERY poor. I was able to connect my camera to my iPad3 and upload photos onto the iPad by using a USB cable plugged into the camera and one of the USB ports on the hub. At first, the iPad gave me a message (2 times) that it did not support the device, but on the third try the photo app opened and I was able to import photos (not video) from my camera. I was not able to simply insert my camera's SDHC card in the SDHC slot and import from the card. I suspect that is because the device needs to have an external power supply (more than the iPad can provide) which I couldn't check, because the cable was missing. FYI - from what I can tell, the hub only works in one direction - i.e. from device to iPad- you cannot use it to connect to an external hard drive to move photos off of your iPad to the hard drive. I am returning the product and reordering in hopes that I will receive a complete package this time. 3 stars because of missing parts and one way transfer. It should be made clear that it only works from device to iPad not from iPad to device also. UPDATE.... Got the replacement. It all seems to work now that I got the power cord attachment and instruction manual. The SDHC slot did not work without the power cord, neither did USB keys. It did work when I plugged my camera (with its power on) into the USB slot. FYI .... You can connect a regular keyboard to you iPad3 with this device. I was skeptical, but it worked. Not bad for $8
on November 29, 2013
I was a little confused at first. One day I got something in the mail and I actually had to check my credit card statement because what I got I know I didn't purchase myself. It's something I've never seen before in my life. We'll as a few days passed I thought hmm that card reader I ordered should've been here by now and when I looked it said it was already delivered days ago and then I put two and two together and realized the random object I received was from the same seller. I don't even know what I got but it's NOT WHAT IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE!!!!!!!! It does not look like this and it doesn't do the function it says it does! Waste of my money!!! I normally look at reviews before I buy but I was in a hurry and I didn't this time well I learned my lesson. Never again will I buy before reading the reviews.

Update:
The good news is that customer service is professional and quick to solve the problem.
on April 26, 2017
This took forever to get to me and when it finaly did it wouldnt transfer data or power to my ipad! It would power my novation launchpad but that was useless w/o the ipad! Then it broke altogether!
on January 23, 2014
I was very excited when I ordered these, as I ordered 3 of them. Well, as I kept one for myself, I tried it on my iPad and it tells me that it is not compatible for my iPad 2 which surprised me, also no manual came with them, just the thee reader+hub I would very much like to have a manual to know how to operate it,, I gave one to my daughter and she asked the same thing.
Also no USB cable came with them at all,
Can you tell me if you can provide what is promised in the website, it told me that it would come with the following:
Package Included:
1 x Connection Kit USB2.0 3-Port Hub and SD Card Reader - Yes I received
1 x USB Cable - did not receive
1 x User Manual did not receive
on June 12, 2013
For few bucks didn't expect much, but doesn't work at all with Ipad2. Get error 'not an ipad product' and crashes the ipad. Return costs would be more than item cost. Poorly put together as the hub ports don't even line with the holes. Only redeemable quality, was received pretty quick, the misalignment may be a shipping problem as the small package looked mashed a little bit. Seller was fortunately quick to respond with steps to take to test it and no quibbles with the seller. Unfortunately I feel ripped off because of the return policy. Comes with a power cable that must be connected, that wasn't made clear in the description.
on January 13, 2015
Devices won't charge with this, even though it has the port to plug it in, and should work. It will read sad cards on my iPhone 4 and my iPad 2&3
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 15, 2014
This hub works great with my new (to me!) iPad 3. I can upload my pictures from my camera with no problem. Yes, you MUST use the power cable (included.) Either plug the cable into your PC, Mac or Linux box for power, or use your iPad's wall charger. If you don't the iPad will give you one of several different error messages none of which is very clear, but which really mean, "I won't drain my battery to run this thing. Please plug it in."

That said, I gave the item only four stars because the instructions, bluntly, stink. They were written by someone who is unclear on the concept of punctuation, and whose grammar belongs to some other language than English.

Ignore the instructions. Plug the hub into power. Plug your camera or its memory card into the hub before attaching it to your iPad. If you want to use a USB drive with this hub, get any application you want from the App Store that will read a generic USB drive.

Be aware that it DOES NOT claim to read SDXD memory cards. Be sure that the card type that you want to read is listed. Also, ANY camera connection kit for an iPad/iPhone insists on your photos being in a folder called DCIM. Most cameras and even (non-Apple) smartphones put your photos in just such a folder, so it probably won't be a problem.
on January 7, 2013
1st) We could not get this to work on our Ipad2 .. so that should be enough to make you think twice about getting it.

2nd) It turns out this item is shipped from China .. do not expect a timely delivery.

3rd) Any help you attempt to get on this, you are dealing with someone that has a very poor command of the English language .. if you doubt that, just look at the instructions printed on the box.

4th) If you want to return this item, it has to be shipped back to China and then they determine if they are going to return your money.

Luckily I am only out about 12 bucks .. I will be contacting Amazon on this one.
on March 24, 2017
no good

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.