Korg MA1BL Visual Beat Counting Metronome, Blue
- Innovative "Beat Counting" display clearly shows: Number of Beats / Current Beat / Beats Remaining
- Tempo (30 to 252 BPM) can be set three ways: Full Steps / Pendulum Steps / Tap Tempo button
- 9 Beats and 8 Patterns offer rhythmic diversity; Full octave (C4-B4) of reference tuning pitches
- Headphone jack with adjustable volume; Fold-out leg for easy viewing
- Memory backup saves your settings; Auto power-off preserves battery life
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also viewed these products
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
- Tempo Range: 30 to 252/min (BPM)
- Tempo Settings: Pendulum Step, Full Step, Tap Tempo
- Tempo Accuracy: +/-0.2 %
- Reference Tone: Twelve-tone equal temperament C4–B4
- Sound Accuracy: +/-1 cent or better
- Calibration: 410Hz–480Hz (1Hz steps)
- Connectors: Headphones jack (stereo mini jack ø3.5mm / 1/8”)
- Speaker: Dynamic speaker (Max. 0.5W, ø23mm)
- Power Supply: Two AAA batteries, 3V (included)
- Battery Life Approx. 70 hours (when using zinc-carbon batteries)
- Accessories: Two AAA batteries for checking operation
Korg MA-1 Blue Solo Metronome
The MA-1 is a compact metronome that solidly covers all the basics with a broad tempo range and a rich variety of beats and rhythm patterns. The MA-1 also shows the beat in an innovative way that makes practicing easier. With stylish design and reliable functionality, this is an indispensable rhythm training aide for any musician.
The number of triangular icons in the display indicates the specified beat. On each beat, the icon color changes from left to right, indicating the current beat of the measure in a way that's intuitively clear. This provides visual cues as to when measures will change – a helpful advance over metronomes that provide only an audible indication. The MA-1 is designed for long battery life, with continuous operation of approximately 70 hours when using zinc-carbon batteries, or approximately 290 hours when using alkaline batteries.
- Multi-function compact metronome. Available in two attractive color schemes: blue and black, or black and red
- Enhanced display makes it easier to practice your rhythm and phrasing
- Choose from two types of tempo steps: pendulum steps or full steps
- Tap Tempo function lets you quickly set the desired tempo
- Beat display offers from 1 to 9 beats, plus 8 rhythm types to practice any style of music
- Tune any instrument using the 12 step (C4 – B4) chromatic reference pitch
- Earphone jack with adjustable volume
- Memory backup function and auto power-off function
Compare with similar items
Korg MA-2 Compact Metronome, Blue
Seiko SQ50-V Quartz Metronome
KLIQ MetroPitch - Metronome Tuner for All Instruments - with Guitar, Bass, Violin, Ukulele, and Chromatic Tuning Modes - Tone Generator - Carrying Pouch Included, Black
Tetra-Teknica Essential Series EMT-800 LCD Display 3in1 Digital Metronome, Tuner and Tone Generator for Chromatic, Guitar, Bass, Ukulele, Violin, 30-260 BPM, 9 Rhythms, 0-9 Beats
Korg MA-2 Metronome - Red
|Sold By||JAPAN ENTRANCE||waltz japan||Amazon.com||KLIQ Music Gear||SFT, Inc||JP Import Store|
|Item Dimensions||3.30 x 5.20 x 1.20 inches||2.36 x 0.63 x 3.94 inches||1.70 x 5.10 x 3.00 inches||4.30 x 0.60 x 2.40 inches||4.00 x 0.70 x 2.50 inches||2.36 x 0.63 x 3.94 inches|
The Korg MA1 Digital Metronome is a compact metronome that solidly covers all the basics with a broad tempo range and a rich variety of beats and rhythm patterns. The MA1 metronome also shows the beat in an innovative way that makes practicing easier. With stylish design and reliable functionality, this is an indispensible rhythm training aide for any musician. With the Beat-Counting display, the number of triangular icons in the display indicates the specified beat. On each beat, the icon color changes (moving from left to right), indicating the current beat of the measure in a way that's intuitively clear. This provides visual cues as to when measures will change a helpful advance over metronomes that provide only an audible indication. The tempo of the Korg MA1 can be set using one of three methods: increase or decrease the tempo using the standard increments familiar from a mechanical metronome (pendulum steps); increase or decrease the tempo in single-step increments over the full range of 30-252 (full steps), or use the Tap Tempo function to enter the tempo by pressing the switch in time with the music. Practice a wide variety of songs by specifying any beat count from 1 to 9, and choose any one of the eight rhythm types: quarter notes, eighth notes, triplets (straight triplets, triplets with inner beat omitted, triplets with the third beat omitted), and sixteenth notes (quadruplets, quadruplets with middle beats omitted, quadruplets with the third and fourth beats omitted). Sound Out mode on the MA1 metronome produces a reference pitch (selectable over an octave C4-B4) that you can use when tuning nearly any instrument. The frequency of the A4 reference pitch (calibration) can be adjusted in 1 Hz steps over the broad range of 410 Hz to 480 Hz. The MA1 metronome is designed for long battery life, with continuous operation of approximately 70 hours when using zinc-carbon batteries, or approximately 290 hours when using alkaline batteries.
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The best selling point of this metronome is the tempo tap feature. This allows you to tap the tempo button with a beat, and the metronome will automatically set the bpm. This feature worked great.
This metronome can help you with any beat you may come across. It contains rhythms for triplets, which I immediately found useful. The LCD also has a graphical pendulum which assists in keeping with the beat, as well as a counter that tells you which beat you are on. The accent beat can be set from 1 to 9, or set to 0 to turn off completely, useful for counting measures.
The adjustable volume control and headphone jack work well. The built-in speaker isn't very loud, however. The little stand that pops out of the back is a perfect little addition.
Most people will probably be content with a metronome app on their smartphone, but if you want to be on the beat consistently, nothing is more accurate than a hardware digital metronome. The Korg MA-1 is a good choice.
I also have a Digital Metronome. It does many tricks ......but can't beat this mechanical one.
Top reviews from other countries
The only negative point is it emits a 'beep' rather than a 'tick'. I cannot believe that it would be difficult to mimic the sound of a mechanical metronome..
Otherwise feature-rich enough for most applications at a price that won't break the bank...