BCA Month Salon Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on June 17, 2013
I purchased both this Koss unit and a Maxell one from Dealaroma through Amazon. Neither unit had the shoulder which is seen in the picture and is described. The shoulder is necessary for a proper connection on some aircraft. In addition, although one is advertised as "Maxell" and one as "Koss", the ones that arrived are identical and have no brand information on them.
on December 19, 2016
Build quality seems decent. I have not put it to use yet. However, product description is NOT accurate for the part I received. It says "This adapter is designed with a smaller rounded "base" to fit with All 2-prong airline jack." This is clearly not the case with the one I received. I have a very long flight coming up in 2 weeks. Hopefully I don't need the smaller rounded base.
on June 24, 2014
Used this for the first time on a 12 hour flight last week. On the good side, it worked ( I had a single prong cord that needed 2 prongs to get stereo using the plugs in the armrest). On the down side, my wife bumped it with her arm and the thing literally fell apart. I had one black plastic half on the floor and the other still ink the outlet containing the metal pieces. I was able to find the piece on the floor and after a minute or two was able to snap the pieces together again. I was shocked that it worked. She did not bump it hard. I lost my adapter that came with my Bose headphones that seemed much better quality. This is low quality, hence the low price, but it works. Order a couple to be safe.
on September 29, 2016
I did not receive the advertised product! Directly from the product description "This adapter is designed with a smaller rounded "base" to fit with All 2-prong airline jack. (Some adapters doesn't and will not fit everywhere)" No ledge Period!
on March 29, 2017
Just got back from an international trip and this little thing was a life saver. Got to use my own headset and not the dinky ones provided by the carrier.
on November 27, 2012
I bought 3 of the adapters for my two children who travel a lot yearly for school, and one for spare. They just traveled back home from school for Thanksgiving and found out the adapters could not even fit in the air plane's earphone plug. I would have to spend extra time and more than half of what I paid for these adapter for the postage to return them back to the seller. Therefore will just throw them in the bin! It was definitely cheaply made, mostly did not even fit at all though it was supposed to be the same sized plug. It's really not how cheap the product is, but if it works for you. People's time is worth more than anything.
on June 18, 2012
used this on my 23 hour journey NYC- singapore. saved my ears and my life. sad that it took so long to arrive, because it got lost in the mail. but not to worry: seller was very prompt in re-sending. I would recommend that buyers always ask for tracking number or things this small are bound to get lost in the mail! seller had great post-purchase customer service and apologised for the inconvenience caused. I would recommend this to anyone who hates in-flight headphones like me. as it allows you to use your own. one of the more decent looking ones as well! Only tried using this on a Qatar Airways international flight, but i think it should work on most airplanes with a standard in-flight entertainment system.
on September 1, 2012
Bought this to use with my JVC noise canceling headphones. 14 hour flight to Japan, and discovered after I was on the plane that this adapter didn't work. It was the correct size, but there was something internally wrong with it. Terrible time to find out. Didn't work with my son's headphones either. Not a quality product. Who cares how cheap it is if it doesn't work.
on August 29, 2013
If you do a lot of flying, as I do for work, and the airlines actually show movies, then you need this. The airlines will give you a set of headphones (or sell you), but they are terrible and don't block out all the sound inside the cabin. I use my own headphones. Some airlines have a regular stereo mini jack, but most have this weird two prong jack, which this is perfect for. I ordered two since I'm hard on things, and I haven't broken one yet. They go with my on any long flight and I use them. Definitely pick these up if you are looking for something like this.
on November 19, 2012
Got it so I could plug my headphones while in an airliner. (which is the only use for those).
They work, connection is solid and reassuring. No trouble.
The only request I'd like is to have a volume control on the adapter, as some in flight entertainment systems are way too loud even at lowest volume levels with some good noise isolating/canceling headphones(some older Air France aircraft were like that).
I guess I could get something like Koss VC20 Volume Control or Shure EAADPT-KIT Adapter Kit (Combines 1/4" Adapter, Airline Adapter, Attachable Volume Control).