Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide $34.99 for a limited time only Handmade Last Minute Gifts Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon life life life  All-new Echo Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

Koss KPH7 Lightweight Portable Headphone, Black
Color: Black|Product Packaging: Standard Packaging|Change

on January 13, 2014
These headphones are perfect for my first grade students. They are the perfect size and weight for extended wear. I have had good luck with the durability over the school year. It's hard to find a better price too!
0Comment| 144 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 25, 2013
Our teenage son always seems to somehow 'confiscate' and then proceed to break and/or lose every set of earbud-type earphones in our house, including mine that came with my iPod. So, he has now been relegated to only owning the least expensive kind I can find for him (even if that means pink ones, lol). So, after perusing Amazon, I bought these headphones for him because 1) they were so inexpensive, 2) the reviews were pretty good, and 3) did I mention they were so inexpensive?

Well, when they arrived, I opened them up to check them out and make sure they worked and such. I was impressed and I really liked them. But when I gave them to my son, I quickly learned that, according to my son, over-the-head type "headphones" (as opposed to the in-ear or ear bud type) are so "80's" and "uncool looking". Was I angry at him for basically calling me "old and uncool" for liking these headphones? No way!! This was my perfect solution to keep him from "borrowing" and then losing/breaking MY headphones. Besides, I never really liked the ones that go into the ears anyhow.

So now these are mine! For what it's worth, I feel neither "old" nor "uncool" while wearing them. I promise!!

*They fit great, they are snug but not TOO snug. If I was into jogging and/or some other type of strenuous exercise, I don't think I would have any trouble keeping them in place on my ears/head (I swim for exercise so obviously I can't wear them for that, lol).

*The quality of sound is fantastic to me - although I'm not really an "audio snob".

*They are extremely adjustable on both sides although I happen to use them on the smallest setting without needing to make them any bigger.

*They are lightweight, as stated in the description, but not in a 'flimsy' kind of way. I don't think they are any more or less breakable than any other kind of similar headphones (yes, I did go through many sets of headphones like these during the 1980's).

Since I don't expect to be rough with them at all, I am hoping they last me quite awhile. If not, and they do somehow break, at least I wouldn't feel *too* bad only being out a few dollars. I would ABSOLUTELY order these again and highly recommend them to anyone looking for inexpensive, but nice, headphones. They are perfect for this "uncool" mom. :-)

***UPDATE*** June, 2015: Well it's been nearly two years and I've gone through about three pairs of these headphones (and I'm going to order a few more after I write this - now that they have pretty color options). Not one pair has broken yet, they just seem to get lost somehow (in our house, we joke that when things go missing it's because unicorns come and eat them). I'm glad they have color options now and I would still absolutely recommend these inexpensive, and nice, headphones.
1111 comments| 219 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 8, 2017
Made smaller for kids, so fit my 7-yr-old well. But, can expand to fit bigger heads. Noise limitation works as well as other more expensive ones we have. Connecting wire looks a little thin which makes me worry about how it will hold up, but so far so good.
on November 26, 2017
Attempted to return before I opened it, but Amazon told me I don't have to. Was still refunded, and so I decided to give them a try. They sound terrible compared to its competitor the Panasonic RP-HT21. The sound is very feint and quiet, so I'm not even sure if this is a defective unit or not. In conclusion, just buy the Panasonic pair if you are looking for a full sound with some bass.
on May 25, 2014
My 4 and 7 year old each got their own pair. I wrote their names on the headband with a metallic Sharpie. These are perfect for them to use when they borrow my tablet or phone or while they're doing homework/computer activities. With a family of five, I feel like we're always battling one another. If someone is talking and another person can't hear their music or their game, the second person turns it up. Which makes the other person talk louder. Pretty soon everyone is shouting and we don't know why. Yeesh. :)

This is much better. They're sturdy and durable. My 2 year old likes to take the foam covers off of the ear pieces, though, so be warned that they come off easily if you have small children or pets that chew/eat things.
on December 2, 2017
They have absolutely no power, the volume is extremely low even at the highest setting paired with a cellphone, a tablet and a laptop. Horrible things. Amazon's Over-Ear Headphones, which are similarly priced, are thousands of times better.
on November 2, 2016
I bought this item because I needed a headset that wasn't as intrusive on the ear canals as earbuds are, and because I found it was reasonably priced and I figured I wouldn't lose much if it didn't work out. It was very comfortable and lightweight, the latter possibly being its undoing, because the sliding adjustment broke at one of the earmuffs after 4 months of occasional use. This unit has a nice sound but the construction is obviously cheap and it should not be used when your listening device is portable. It would make a great listening headset for a home stereo or computer, where you won't be moving all that much.
on August 15, 2017
These are great headphones to keep at school for tests, etc. My kids both find them more comfortable than earbuds. They like the off-colors (not black) because theirs stand out a little in the classroom storage bin.
on June 23, 2017
Used these earphones on a recent European trip. Worked well on all flights (each of the flights I flew only provided headphones for a fee). Used headphones at all of the museums we visited. It was nice having my own.
on August 9, 2017
Perfect for school. Like most kids mine needed headphones for school. These are super cheap, and if they last I'll be happy. Good color to keep them from getting jacked. I rather spend $8 then $20!