Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Koss KS7311 Vertical-Loading 2-Alarm CD Clock Radio (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Shop Now

on May 1, 2004
This product is a great alarm/radio. I've been using it for about 4 months now. The display is bright, large, and clear which makes it easy to read from a distance (no viewing angle issues). The controls are intuitive and the battery backup has worked. The two alarm settings are convenient. I use it mainly to wake up to a CD in the morning. It is excellent especially for the price. We looked at many other models in many price ranges and they usually weren't as functional or were really large in size and intrusive or had horrible displays. The sound quality doesn't compare to more expensive stereos but it is very acceptable for waking up to music and for listening to the radio.
on August 24, 2004
Overall I like the product, but there are two concerns I have. The alarm buzzer is not that loud and the knobs for volume and tuning are not easy to turn as they do not have a lot o texture for you finger to connect. I love it's sleekness and size. My last system took up half of my nightstand.
on July 13, 2005
I purchased this product less than a year ago from amazon.com based on the customer reviews listed here. I recently attempted to play a CD and the thing just stopped working! I thought it may be that the CD was badly damaged so I tested out about 10 CD's after that, and NOTHING! The CD spins as if it's going to play and then it just stops. I've tried everything, from raising/lowering volume to pressing the play/pause button. The display screen doesn't even go on anymore when I input a CD. The radio function is terrible and I cannot seem to get a clear sound from any of my favorite radio stations (much less find them easily...seems as if the markers are off by a bit), and it looks great in pics, but when I actually received it, I thought it just looked like a cheap piece of plastic. (Though I kept it because I though it would endure the test of time...I was WRONG!) The warranty is only for 90-days so now if I want to get it fixed I need to PAY for it! No thanks. I am sticking to SONY or another more reliable brand.
on October 29, 2005
Well, it's not necessarily a bad product. I tried (and failed) to replace it with a much better stereo recently. The problem with this CD clock radio is that the only part that functions very well is the clock. The CD player skips constantly, the radio can pick up one out of every one hundred stations, and the maximum volume is extremely quiet. But the reasons I kept it over the stereo- the clock and the shut-off feature. The clock is perfect- no button to hit to make it glow at night. It's always bright and easy to read, so there's no need to be reaching around for buttons in the middle of the night. And this can be set to shut off after a certain period of time- probably it's best feature. When I listen to music at night, I want the player to shut off when the CD is over. This does that and does it well. I'm probably going to a buy a new clock radio to replace this one- but this one is definitely not a bad product. It's got some minor defects though that I wish I had been aware of.
on March 19, 2004
....I'm constantly amazed at the people who leave mediocre or poor ratings for products, due to extraneous criteria. This 5-star rating is entered with the purpose of helping to balance out the 3-star rating, which stated that this item was "just what I was looking for" but downgraded it due to shipping-time issues. Truly amazing! Don't these anal apertures realize that these ratings are important, and potential buyers actually use them when deciding whether to purchase or not? Don't they understand that the "star" values refer only to the product quality, and not whether the UPS driver left the box out in the rain!!!??? I guess not.
on October 26, 2004
The post made on March 19th is stupid. You don't give ratings to cancel other people's ratings out. Looks like a nice clock. Now consider your review canceled.
on September 18, 2003
Its exactly what I was looking for. However, 1-2 weeks shipping is a ridiculous amount of time to wait to get this item. In todays market it should not take any longer than 1-2 days.