Save Big On Open-Box & Pre-owned: Buy "Koss 'The Plug' In-Ear Headphones (Black)” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 43% off the $14.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Pre-owned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Koss 'The Plug' In-Ear Headphones (Black)
|Price:||$9.99 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
|You Save:||$5.00 (33%)|
- 16 to 23,000 Hz frequency response
- Deep bass performance
- 4- Foot cord
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Compare to Similar Items
This item: Koss 'The Plug' In-Ear Headphones (Black)
Panasonic ErgoFit Best in Class In-Ear Earbud Headphones RP-HJE120-K Dynamic Crystal Clear Sound, Ergonomic Comfort-Fit, iPhone, Android Compatible, Noise Isolating Headphones - Black B003EM8008
JVC HAFX32B Marshmallow Earbuds, Black B00DVH265G
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Dimensions||1 inches x 6 inches x 4 inches||6.75 inches x 3.6 inches x 3.25 inches||3 inches x 11 inches x 1 inches||2.65 inches x 7 inches x 1.06 inches|
|Item Package Weight||0.12 pounds||0.05 pounds||0.15 pounds||0.1 pounds|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
For accurate sound reproduction, these earbud-style headphones are made with oxygen-free copper voice coils and neodymium iron boron magnets. You can enjoy them with either a portable or home audio device, since both 0.125-inch and 0.25-inch adapter jacks are included.
"The Plug" weighs a mere quarter ounce and has a frequency response rated at an impressive 16 to 23,000 Hz (though its unlikely you'll hear bass output anywhere close to what you'd get from a similarly rated loudspeaker!).
Impedance is 16 ohms, with less than a 0.3 percent distortion and reasonably high sensitivity of 112 dB SPL/1 mW.
Top Customer Reviews
My interest for this product is as a solution to listening to music, lectures, and movies while travelling, and I travel a lot. I have a set of Panosonic noise-cancelling headphones which were good (about five times more expensive than these earbuds) though bulky, but the plastic broke so they won't stay on my head now.
These earbuds are an excellent alternative to noise-cancelling headphones for the frequent traveller. I find them more comfortable for extended listening than most conventional headphones. The ability to seal out noise from the external environment is very good, and makes it possible to understand what actors are saying when watching a movie on an airplane.
The overall performance - sound quality and noise blocking - is not as good as the Bose noise cancelling headphones, but the Bose are 20 times as expensive, much less convenient to carry, and subject to damage from the rough world of the road warrior. If The Plug had an optional noise-cancelling unit (say, combined with the eq), it would be a killer combination - are you listening, Koss?).
The sound is good. Bass-heavy, to be sure; I would like them better if they had a flatter response, but the product is marketed at the portable music crowd, and many of them are looking for dramatic bass rather than golden-ears sound.
Besides, mobile sound is always a compromise, it's just a question of whether the compromise they chose works for you.
Here are some problems I've heard and the solutions:
1. "They fall out of my ear.Read more ›
Apprently KOSS got a lot of feedback from the first version, they listened, and made a much better product. The ones I have are just fantastic. Great bass, like the original, but very good mids and lows as well. They work better as isolation headphones then anything I have used before, but apprently people who are audiophiles are not that impressed. Also they have fantastic volume ability. Because they are in your ear canal I can turn my portable equipment up really loud. I don't but its nice if you want to. Music sounds great with these headphones. Frankly best headphones I have ever used, BUT I am using the NEW VERSION not the blue and yellow ones pictured here.
OK right now what to do? I would call Amazon and MAKE SURE you are getting the new version. I never used the one they have listed here but almost everywhere I looked on the net, people say the new version is MUCH BETTER...
1. Very good sound (esp. for the price), just make sure you are not using any bass expansion/extension equalization. Even with old Sinatra, using my TDK Mojo's bass expansion sometimes causes distortion, simply because The Plug has exceptional low frequency response. So hip-hop obviously causes a lot of distortion w/ extra bass emphasis; I wonder if this is the 'muddiness' about which some have complained. Flat equalization (at least for bass) is a requirement for these headphones.
2. Excellent isolation and efficiency due to the foam sealing design. Just don't blow your eardrum turning the music up too loud, nor get run over by a bus 'cause you can't hear it coming!
3. Excellent overall sound quality; no tinny sound other reviewers have mentioned, unless The Plug is inserted incorrectly (ie - off-axis, or not "aimed" correctly).
1. True, the black foamy material does not stay compressed very long, so you have to 'roll' it in your fingers then immediately put it in your ear. I could see that those with small ears may have problems fitting these properly; problem solved by retrofitting a standard foam-type earplug (as others have mentioned). Whether you would or should do this is another question. The packaging does include a few different styles of foam inserts to try; coned, cylinder, etc. After using the coned ones for a long time, I've switched to the cylinder-shaped ones, which stay in better.
2. The first pair of these I bought had uneven bass; the left earplug's bass was a lower sound pressure than the right; treble was fine. I verified this with both ears and then with a function generator. I exchanged them and the subsequent pair is perfectly balanced.
3.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Great sound once they're in. Really uncomfortable to wear. When you put them in your ears, there's a little hard rubber center piece that stabs you, and then the external bits... Read morePublished 6 days ago by Citysqwirl
I love how these fit in the ear I just wish the ear pieces would not break down as quicklyPublished 8 days ago by Brian V. Bartlett
Sound is fine but I could not form a seal in my ear with these. Maybe my ear canals are too large (or small?) but without the proper seal they weren't usable. Read morePublished 11 days ago by Geóff
I like to used these headphones on airplanes as they do a great job of blocking out jet noise. I had to put on the bigger foam inserts supplied with the earphones as I have big... Read morePublished 19 days ago by Richard
I received these yesterday and happily brought them to the office today.
They keep falling out of my ears even when I was trying to reach to the phone (standing next to... Read more