Top positive review
142 people found this helpful
Quick list of Pros and Cons for these wonderful headphones!
on October 26, 2015
Thousands of reviews already posted, so I'm sure it's all been stated. I've owned them for about a year now. I listen to all kinds of music with them on my smartphone and laptop. My pros, cons, and conclusion below:
+ great overall sound quality, probably unbeatable at this or even double this price
+ potent but not overbearing bass; fairly neutral mids and highs; no listening fatigue
+ comfortable and secure fit (I have a big head); they stay put moving around, jogging, working out
+ continuously adjustable headband (no notches) helps achieve ideal fit
+ on-the-ear design with soft pads so ears don't get warm/hot
+ foldable for portability
+ open back design makes it sound more like listening to speakers in a room instead of music just focused inside your head
+ open back design lets outside sounds in so you're aware of surroundings (great for jogging)
+ lifetime warranty (haven't used yet; if you're careful, these shouldn't break)
- bass doesn't extend super low; not much bass output below about 50 Hz
- for electronic and rap/hip-hop music, lack of very low bass is an issue with SOME songs. MOST songs sound fine.
- open back design will leak what you're listening to into the nearby environment
- headband may occasionally pull a hair; adjust the band BEFORE placing on head and do not adjust while on head to prevent this
- occasionally a small hair may get stuck inside the driver causing a slight rattling noise; gently remove earpad and blow out the hair to fix
- earcups pivot slightly for comfort, but mine developed a creeky noise when pivoting in the left earcup; sometimes audible during listening
These are by far the best sounding headphones I've heard anywhere near their price range. I honestly think you'd have to spend at least 2-3 times as much to get better sound. They are also the most comfortable headphones I've ever worn: very adjustable, ears don't get hot, stay firmly put with just the right amount of pressure. It's easy to see why they've been around for about 30 years and their design hasn't been significantly changed. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" applies here. Very highly recommended. Please let me know if you found this review helpful by voting on it. Thanks!