Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Koss Pro-4AA Studio Quality Headphones
|Price:||$79.99 & FREE Shipping. Details|
- 10 - 25,000 Hz frequency response
- Closed ear cushions for maximum bass and isolation
- Includes microphone mount hardware
- 10 foot cord
- .25-inch plug
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
The Pro-4AA includes microphone mount hardware, 0.25-inch plug, and a coiled, single-entry 10-foot cord.
Top Customer Reviews
And now the pros and cons...
1) Heavy, heavy, heavy. Watch your neck.
2) If you have a large head, these phones can give you headaches as the headband design puts a lot of pressure on your temples and ears.
3) The coiled cord has a tendency to increasingly pull on one side of the phones as you get closer to its length limit. That this starts to happen around the halfway point is troubling.
4) Not a stylish set of phones. Almost retro in appearance. The ill green color could have been changed long ago.
5) The earpiece's circumaural seals are filled with air and will deflate if punctured. This is the Achilles heel of the phones.
6) The cord cannot be easily replaced. If you get a short, you're done for.
1) Superior, extended frequency range. Clean and flat. Still the best sounding phones I have heard in their price range. Sounds as good as phones that go for twice the price.
2) Circumaural, closed design holds in the thunderous bass and stifles the outside world.
3) Still the choice of many professionals. It's amazing how many DJs continue to use this model.
4) The price is outstanding for the quality of sound delivered.
5) Built like a tank. My first pair lasted ten years of constant use. (They never did break down, I replaced them for another reason.)
For a home system, this is a fine set of cans. If you want something portable, look elsewhere. Consider buying a cord extension, too, if you plan to sit somewhere else besides right near your stereo. And let people know that with them on, you'll be in your own musical world for a while. Sit back and enjoy!
I finally returned them after a month of use, not because of poor sound (these headphones really rock when it comes to sound, even at very loud levels, I didn't hear distortion till 98db), but out of sheer discomfort - I couldn't listen to them for more than half an hour at a time, and my head and ears got very sweaty because of the cushions. I needed headphones that sounded good and that I could wear for prolonged periods of time. Koss Pro 4AA offered great sound at a great price, but I couldn't wear them while writing a paper or reading a book. Recommended for people who have strong necks and want to hear everything clearly and without distortion. Perfect for isolation from outside noise and studio monitoring when hearing every exact detail of the recording is essential.
Excellent detailed sound - perfect treble, almost perfect bass. Very good for critical listening - you'll hear stuff you've never heard before. Isolation from outside noise. Retro look (if you're into that).
Heavy! VERY heavy!
Similar Products Used:
Sony MDR V300, V600, V700DJ, Sennheiser 495 & 497, cheap Jensens & Aiwas
These Headphones have been around a long time. Check out the old photos of the "Watergate" hearings from 1973/1974, and notice that the Senators & attorneys were all listening to the Nixon tapes through KOSS Pro 4AA headphones. Their longevity is mainly due to their extermely high fidelity audio reproduction. Unfortunately, their age has made them somewhat inconvenient for most listeners, since they are very heavy and a bit cumbersome.
1) Weight (about 3 or 4 times as heavy as most contemporary studio-reference headphones)
2) Tight headband - as noted, the fit is fatiguing if your 'hat size' is greater than 7.
3) The coiled cord is extremely difficult to replace (it's actually less expensive to replace the entire set of headphones of you can get a good discount).
1) AUDIO FIDELITY. Unless you want to spend at least $300 for a set of headphones, the sound quality and fidelity of the Pro-4AA's is almost impossible to beat.
2) VALUE. As noted above, for the price you pay, these are vastly superior to any other headphones that are comparably priced.
3) DURABLE. My first pair lasted 30 years. They were dropped and knocked around, and finally gave out when (It think) a voltage spike surged in the left earphone, fusing a coil.
4) ISOLATION. THe paddded earphones block out external sound very well.
The sound fidelity is preserved over a wide volume range.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Best headphones I ever had.They are heavy,but they are professional type.Published 1 day ago by atragon
Solidly built. A little on the heavy side. Could use a little more bass. A good back up for my studio, but I really love my Audio Technica M50's. Read morePublished 3 days ago by SteveO
These Koss headphones are really a good buy. I own two pairs of these. The physical weight of these headphones are heavy, but this does not bother me at all. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Jim
I go through headphones quite a bit and I was getting tired of cheap cans with wire fray. I also own a few 1960s amplifiers (tube and solid-state) and I wanted to pair them with... Read morePublished 2 months ago by F. Sapone
I had to send these back. Where as the sound quality is good (flat response, so you will need to EQ), like other reviewers, I agree that the mesh covering the speakers is horribly... Read morePublished 2 months ago by gray vegan
First Impressions. I've only had a few hours of use. Sound quality is incredible, with tremendous depth and presence. Read morePublished 3 months ago by Wizbang72
I got it at a outlet store for 60 cents. That being said, they sound amazing. I use them for guitar monitoring (I live in an apartment and my neighbor doesn't enjoy that loud tube... Read morePublished 4 months ago by Zachary P.
1. excellent noise cancellation by virtue of the design.
2. Classic design, and very high build quality. Read more
After listening to this headphone all I can say is this, they sound ok nothing fantastic. My biggest beef with Koss and a few headphones is they do not redesign units with the... Read morePublished 5 months ago by MMH