Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis hots Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,290 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,359 reviews
on June 3, 2016
I purchased this microphone/headphone because I needed something that would work with Window's voice recognition software. I had injured my hand and was unable to type for over a month, so I was going to have to dictate to my computer for a while. It was not something I was looking forward to, since in the past I have found the software to be somewhat “glichy”, and more trouble than it was worth. However this time I had no choice. I first tried to use a standalone microphone, but I discovered that it was not very good at picking up my voice, and created lots of neck and back problems since I had to keep bending down to get my mouth as close to the microphone as possible. Therefore I thought perhaps a headphone microphone would work better, and also give me more freedom of movement. I researched many different headphone-microphones, many of which had bad reviews for being flimsy in construction as well as bad electronics. However I tried this unit, and I must say I was quite pleased. Yes it is not extremely solid in construction, yet is quite light on the head which is important if you’re gonna keep it on most of the day. The headphones are indeed stereo, and I have learned to enjoy the intimacy of music and other computer audio. Most important however is that the microphone is quite sensitive, and I realized that the speech recognition software is not as bad as I thought, it was just the quality of the microphone I was using before was not picking up my voice correctly. However this microphone, which is easily adjustable, does a great job of picking up the voice, and I find a 90% reduction in mistaken text from my dictation. In fact, this review is being "dictated" using this unit! For the price this is really a great unit. Of course if one is looking for sound with a booming bass, then I suggest buying specific headphones for that purpose. This is fine for me however and the reason for the purchase really has to do with the voice recognition, which it does perfectly. Its software downloads to your computer easily with the USB port (and a very generous cable length),and the interface between the headphones, the computer, and either Window's built-in speech recognition software, or any other software you may purchase is carefree. It is truly “plugged and go”! No need to look any further for these needs than this Koss Headset-Microphone..
on March 23, 2015
Purchased a new computer last July. This new system is a whole lot more powerful than my last system, so I went down the road of VOIP through Google Hangouts on this computer to make local and long distance telephone calls. Holding a cell phone or using a bluetooth ear piece can be challenging and my arm gets sore holding the phone for any length of time.

Read a whole lot of reviews for headsets, particularly USB headsets. Came across this headset. I've always had good luck with Koss products, My first was back in the early 70's with the Koss Pro4-AA headphones. Used them for years before something happened that caused me to discard them in the trash. Dumb me. I could have sent them in to be rebuilt and returned in perfect working order. Oh well, live and learn.

Anyway, I came across this combo 2 ear speaker headset. Peaked my interest and the favorable reviews made my decision. After 9 months of constant use, here is what I have learned:

* Lightweight head set that has two ear sound (I'm half deaf)
* Foam pad for ear protection while resting on your ears
* The ear pad's have some swivel to them for comfort
* The headset hugs your head, but not too tightly
* I wear glasses and I don't have problems with the ear pads digging into my glasses with excessive force
* 2 hour conference calls and my ears remain comfortable
* Adjustable boom mic with noise cancellation capability really helps
* The USB cable is more than long enough - at times too long
* The boom mic swivels up over your head if you want to listen to music
* Lifetime warranty - like better Koss headphones
* The headband adjustment from head to ear height is nice to fit any shaped head

What I don't like:
* I have to keep readjusting the top of the headset over time
* The top band is narrow (3/4"), the head band on top should be wider

On conference calls with multiple people, you can hear everyone clearly. On a single call to a Land line, you hear absolutely nothing (like hiss, pops or clicks). You and your callers feel they are standing right next you talking to each other.

I have not installed my old version of Dragon Dictate, so I cannot comment about Voice Recognition.

I can comment about Google Voice Search in Chrome and the accuracy is spot on. What I request via voice search come up every time.

For the price and the quality, you cannot beat this headset.
on November 10, 2015
Thank you Koss for making a decently priced, functioning headset for voice recognition. To be honest, I'd rate it 5-star, but I'm afraid it will stop functioning ten minutes after my positive review. After upgrading to windows 10, I had difficulty configuring the headset which seems to shutdown if you use the word "delete." LOL LOL I almost needed a coronary bypass trying to find out what was wrong. It's not the headset but @#$%^ windows 10. I'm using it in Microsoft Word 2013 and for desktop applications. After training and retraining it to understand my voice, its ability to simplify using my computer actually works. As stated by another customer, it picks up ambient sounds as well as your voice. But you can tweak the configuration. I'm hoping to dictate my stories rather than typing them because I suffer from carpal tunnel syndrome.
on October 9, 2012
I have been using the headset supplied with my Dragon Naturally Speaking package for some considerable time. The 5 foot cord was never long enough so I decided to look for an alternative which had a longer cord. Based on the Amazon reviews I selected the Koss CS100. I am most impressed by the significant speech recognition improvement this has given me. Also the cord is eight-foot long which gives me the extra mobility I was looking for. I am not a 'gamer' so I have no idea of how this headset would perform for these applications,however for dictation this headset is most impressive.
on April 15, 2017
Incredible price for this unit. Construction is far better than price would suggest. Headphones sound good, microphone is a bit muffled.
Very nice, flexible cord - TEN FEET long! Unusually generous cord length. Comment for those with sensitive noses: NO stink!
Many Chinese products that contain any sort of rubber or "rubberized' components stink like a salesroom for automobile tires. Not this.
I am having excellent results with this product using it with the Dragon voice recognition software. These headphones appear to be well made and function precisely as advertised. They are comfortable to wear and simply work as advertised. At this price point I don't think you will find a better deal, and Koss is well known for making excellent products. Highly recommended.
on August 31, 2016
I bought this for my macbookspro for a Protools audio editing class at the request of the teacher. However, it requires more power than the mac allows in the battery powercycle even when plugged into 110 and with no power savings option checked on battery. The results are the macbookspro will briefly cycle working properly for a second or two before a power down usb flag comes up even when this headset is on a 7.5 volt powered usb hub. Pro OS X will not reconnect this usb headset without rebooting the Mac which again results in identical power down usb flag results. This headset does work perfectly with my upgrade Windows 10 msi laptop on Skype.
on November 19, 2016
I highly recommend these for Rosetta Stone software. We had purchased a more expensive headset with mic for our daughter to use with her Spanish Rosetta Stone homework. She was very frustrated, needed to correctly repeat words and phrases several to a dozen times before the software accepted it. Her lessons took much longer as a result and she dreaded them. Then I learned about headsets w/ mic made especially for voice recognition software, decided to give these a try and am so glad I did! Rosetta Stone is now working at least twice as easily for my daughter, she progresses through lessons 15-20 minutes faster and no longer dreads using the software. If you use Dragon or Rosetta Stone, I highly recommend giving these a try!
on July 16, 2016
This is junk and does not work. I bought it to use with Dragon Naturally speaking, however I would also use it for working from home to join Business Skype meetings. From the beginning I was told my voice sounded weak, people could hardly hear me. Finally they couldn't hear me at all. I tried testing it to late to return it, so am stuck with it. The headphone part works if you want to sit at your computer and listen to a movie or music, but the dual plugs for mic and phones makes it impossible to use for a cell phone. I also tried a dual plug to combine it down to one plug to use for cell phone music listening, but no go. Altogether a very disappointing purchase. I thought Koss was a good brand. Clearly I was confused.
on April 24, 2017
How much do I like these? My wife destroyed my first pair with the vacuum (caught the cord) and I immediately went to AMAZON and clicked BUY AGAIN. They are extremely lightweight and are not uncomfortable in any way. The sound quality is perfect for my needs and those on the other end never have trouble hearing me.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.