Industrial Deals Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New album by us the duo STEM Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon soul2soul soul2soul soul2soul  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on June 3, 2016
I purchased this microphone/headphone because I needed something that would work with Window's voice recognition software. I had injured my hand and was unable to type for over a month, so I was going to have to dictate to my computer for a while. It was not something I was looking forward to, since in the past I have found the software to be somewhat “glichy”, and more trouble than it was worth. However this time I had no choice. I first tried to use a standalone microphone, but I discovered that it was not very good at picking up my voice, and created lots of neck and back problems since I had to keep bending down to get my mouth as close to the microphone as possible. Therefore I thought perhaps a headphone microphone would work better, and also give me more freedom of movement. I researched many different headphone-microphones, many of which had bad reviews for being flimsy in construction as well as bad electronics. However I tried this unit, and I must say I was quite pleased. Yes it is not extremely solid in construction, yet is quite light on the head which is important if you’re gonna keep it on most of the day. The headphones are indeed stereo, and I have learned to enjoy the intimacy of music and other computer audio. Most important however is that the microphone is quite sensitive, and I realized that the speech recognition software is not as bad as I thought, it was just the quality of the microphone I was using before was not picking up my voice correctly. However this microphone, which is easily adjustable, does a great job of picking up the voice, and I find a 90% reduction in mistaken text from my dictation. In fact, this review is being "dictated" using this unit! For the price this is really a great unit. Of course if one is looking for sound with a booming bass, then I suggest buying specific headphones for that purpose. This is fine for me however and the reason for the purchase really has to do with the voice recognition, which it does perfectly. Its software downloads to your computer easily with the USB port (and a very generous cable length),and the interface between the headphones, the computer, and either Window's built-in speech recognition software, or any other software you may purchase is carefree. It is truly “plugged and go”! No need to look any further for these needs than this Koss Headset-Microphone..
67 helpful votes
68 helpful votes
22 comments|Report abuse
on November 19, 2016
I highly recommend these for Rosetta Stone software. We had purchased a more expensive headset with mic for our daughter to use with her Spanish Rosetta Stone homework. She was very frustrated, needed to correctly repeat words and phrases several to a dozen times before the software accepted it. Her lessons took much longer as a result and she dreaded them. Then I learned about headsets w/ mic made especially for voice recognition software, decided to give these a try and am so glad I did! Rosetta Stone is now working at least twice as easily for my daughter, she progresses through lessons 15-20 minutes faster and no longer dreads using the software. If you use Dragon or Rosetta Stone, I highly recommend giving these a try!
28 helpful votes
29 helpful votes
on November 7, 2017
I own to Koss Communications Headsets. I use them in relation to my Dragon voice to text software. I am using the USB Koss communications headset and microphone to dictate this review. The microphone and headset work extremely well with the Dragon software. The best part about the headset is it works very well and it is reasonably inexpensive. I recommend this product.
on July 6, 2017
We got the Koss USB Headset w/ Microphone to replace the ones that came with Rosetta Stone that had stopped working after many years of use. We've had no problems. The sound quality is good, and the microphone picks up voices clearly.
2 helpful votes
on April 27, 2017
I love this! The reason I bought this was the USB , the sound is good the mic works great, I can now have long talks with my loved ones while still being in my hospital bed and i am thankful for this product, this was not bought just for fun this was bought for my health, I now use it to talk with anyone I have to or need to whenever I like and it is very clear. 5 stars all day long
I also use the dragon software and it works great with that as well as Cortona and any other speech to type you use
on August 24, 2015
The microphone is very, very sensitive, even at reduced input levels. I had to add a foam wind block to reduce ambient noise interference.

The cord is plenty long for almost any computer configuration, but the microphone arm has poor vertical and horizontal adjustability. (I prefer the microphone below my lip, but it's not possible with this unit)

The arch height is adjustable, but earphone width is not. The wider the head, the more pressure on your ear cartilage. It gets uncomfortable after five to six hours of use.
2 helpful votes
3 helpful votes
on November 12, 2017
This headset worked for about 1 day, maybe 2, before it broke and I had to return it. I would not recommend this. It's low quality and may not break as fast as mine broke, so if you buy it, and it breaks after a month or two, you won't be able to return it and you'll be stuck with trash.
on November 7, 2017
I use these to record voice-overs on instructional computer videos and to participate in online meetings. The microphone is very sensitive and picks up a lot of low end, so don't put it too close to your mouth or you will hear a lot of breathing and unwanted low-register noise.
on March 24, 2016
Love them I bought both of mine used.

I have experienced some frustration with one windows machine where I had to spend an hour to find the setting to manually
switch between this and and my speakers. On my laptop it is automatic.

The 8 foot cord is also nice.

BTW I use these for Dargon Dictate and also to listen to things when everyone else is in bed.
on March 19, 2016
Koss Communications USB Headset with Microphone (CS100-USB)

I bought some logitech headphones and I liked them. The problem was that USB plugs on Logitech don't work for long. Constant giggling, etc. So I decided to go up a notch to Koss, a trusted brand name. They worked for a while. Now the same problem. No, I haven't stepped on the plug. First the right side went out, and now the left is shaky. I am very disappointed. I want a REAL PLUG, not a USB. It's flimsy and it stinks! Could be worse, I could have paid more. But if they don't work, I've PAID TOO MUCH. I expect more than a 3 month lifespan. I see headphones for sale on AMZN that don't even show (or say) what kind of plug it is. This is obviously clear, and it doesn't work! What a disappointment. IS Koss better than than most? Really?
0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.