Your Garage Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Shop Popular Services Catastrophe Catastrophe Catastrophe  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Style: 3.5mm Plug|Change

Showing 1-10 of 1,228 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,289 reviews
on July 29, 2005
I do a lot of on-line gaming (Aces High with built in voice, WWII Online with Teamspeak, Battlefield 1942 with Teamspeak). These headphones are perfect for what I want. They are not the most-comfortable headphones in the world, but they are adequate, and the price is very cheap ($15 or so). More importantly, the dynamic range on the sound is great so that I can localize sound sources in the game (good for locating where a shot came from). Even the low-end rumble is good (so that explosions and tanks sounds good, for example). The microphone on this headset is outstanding. My voice quality on these games is better than what the majority of players achieve. People who use crappy mics sound crappy in the game (static or distortion) -- my voice quality is very clear. I have recommended these headphones for everyone I know who does on-line gaming.
on June 3, 2016
I purchased this microphone/headphone because I needed something that would work with Window's voice recognition software. I had injured my hand and was unable to type for over a month, so I was going to have to dictate to my computer for a while. It was not something I was looking forward to, since in the past I have found the software to be somewhat “glichy”, and more trouble than it was worth. However this time I had no choice. I first tried to use a standalone microphone, but I discovered that it was not very good at picking up my voice, and created lots of neck and back problems since I had to keep bending down to get my mouth as close to the microphone as possible. Therefore I thought perhaps a headphone microphone would work better, and also give me more freedom of movement. I researched many different headphone-microphones, many of which had bad reviews for being flimsy in construction as well as bad electronics. However I tried this unit, and I must say I was quite pleased. Yes it is not extremely solid in construction, yet is quite light on the head which is important if you’re gonna keep it on most of the day. The headphones are indeed stereo, and I have learned to enjoy the intimacy of music and other computer audio. Most important however is that the microphone is quite sensitive, and I realized that the speech recognition software is not as bad as I thought, it was just the quality of the microphone I was using before was not picking up my voice correctly. However this microphone, which is easily adjustable, does a great job of picking up the voice, and I find a 90% reduction in mistaken text from my dictation. In fact, this review is being "dictated" using this unit! For the price this is really a great unit. Of course if one is looking for sound with a booming bass, then I suggest buying specific headphones for that purpose. This is fine for me however and the reason for the purchase really has to do with the voice recognition, which it does perfectly. Its software downloads to your computer easily with the USB port (and a very generous cable length),and the interface between the headphones, the computer, and either Window's built-in speech recognition software, or any other software you may purchase is carefree. It is truly “plugged and go”! No need to look any further for these needs than this Koss Headset-Microphone..
on November 19, 2016
I highly recommend these for Rosetta Stone software. We had purchased a more expensive headset with mic for our daughter to use with her Spanish Rosetta Stone homework. She was very frustrated, needed to correctly repeat words and phrases several to a dozen times before the software accepted it. Her lessons took much longer as a result and she dreaded them. Then I learned about headsets w/ mic made especially for voice recognition software, decided to give these a try and am so glad I did! Rosetta Stone is now working at least twice as easily for my daughter, she progresses through lessons 15-20 minutes faster and no longer dreads using the software. If you use Dragon or Rosetta Stone, I highly recommend giving these a try!
on September 6, 2015
I bought this for Dragon Dictate 4 for mac. I bought much more expensive headsets with mic at BestBuy, and although they assured me that the more expensive ones would work - they didn't work at all. The Koss -- much cheaper -- worked right out of the box. I had some music playing on my computer when i first plugged the Koss headphones into the computer. I wasn't thinking about the music when I put them on my head -- and my first response was -- whoa -- that music is really loud and clear. Although I didn't buy them for sound -- I was impressed.

When I adapted the mic to the speech recognition application -- it made a significant improvement. However, I was having a lot of issues with Dragon 4 for mac, so even though there was a noticeable improvement - it was hard to tell how good it really was. I recently upgraded to Dragon Dictate 5 for mac -- which is a significant jump upwards -- from version 4 (the speech recognition still has some issue -- but much better / significantly less frustrating. I tried Dragon 5 without the Koss and with the Koss -- and the Koss mic clearly made a difference.
on July 16, 2016
This is junk and does not work. I bought it to use with Dragon Naturally speaking, however I would also use it for working from home to join Business Skype meetings. From the beginning I was told my voice sounded weak, people could hardly hear me. Finally they couldn't hear me at all. I tried testing it to late to return it, so am stuck with it. The headphone part works if you want to sit at your computer and listen to a movie or music, but the dual plugs for mic and phones makes it impossible to use for a cell phone. I also tried a dual plug to combine it down to one plug to use for cell phone music listening, but no go. Altogether a very disappointing purchase. I thought Koss was a good brand. Clearly I was confused.
on February 6, 2017
The headset's intrinsic microphone gain is very low, so I had to increase the gain by 20 dB in Window's settings for the microphone (and these settings are hard to find in Windows 7). If you have a Realtek audio chip, you can also increase the gain using Realtek's Sound Manager software.

So, after increasing the gain by 20 dB and enabling noise suppression in Realtek's Sound Manager, the headset works very well.
review image review image review image
on November 10, 2015
Thank you Koss for making a decently priced, functioning headset for voice recognition. To be honest, I'd rate it 5-star, but I'm afraid it will stop functioning ten minutes after my positive review. After upgrading to windows 10, I had difficulty configuring the headset which seems to shutdown if you use the word "delete." LOL LOL I almost needed a coronary bypass trying to find out what was wrong. It's not the headset but @#$%^ windows 10. I'm using it in Microsoft Word 2013 and for desktop applications. After training and retraining it to understand my voice, its ability to simplify using my computer actually works. As stated by another customer, it picks up ambient sounds as well as your voice. But you can tweak the configuration. I'm hoping to dictate my stories rather than typing them because I suffer from carpal tunnel syndrome.
on January 25, 2017
I was excited to receive my microphone headset as I have carpal tunnel in both hands and need help with typing. Or use the headphones just a couple times and the earpieces came out and won't go back in. They pop back in but come out after. Waste of money. Is ofcourse made in China. I will be returning it.
review image
on April 15, 2017
Incredible price for this unit. Construction is far better than price would suggest. Headphones sound good, microphone is a bit muffled.
Very nice, flexible cord - TEN FEET long! Unusually generous cord length. Comment for those with sensitive noses: NO stink!
Many Chinese products that contain any sort of rubber or "rubberized' components stink like a salesroom for automobile tires. Not this.
on April 27, 2017
I love this! The reason I bought this was the USB , the sound is good the mic works great, I can now have long talks with my loved ones while still being in my hospital bed and i am thankful for this product, this was not bought just for fun this was bought for my health, I now use it to talk with anyone I have to or need to whenever I like and it is very clear. 5 stars all day long
I also use the dragon software and it works great with that as well as Cortona and any other speech to type you use

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.