Industrial Deals Salon Beauty Best Kids Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon soul2soul soul2soul soul2soul  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on July 30, 2010
I bought two of these sets over a year ago and they are still performing like a champ today. They have definitely performed beyond my expectations and trust me, I have put a good amount of use into them. For $10-15, you can't go wrong. Great sound, great mic, and durable build construction.
97 helpful votes
98 helpful votes
11 comment|Report abuse
on September 25, 2015
I'm a Mac user and really have not had any problems with the mic or the ear piece at all. Once you adjust BOTH the Output Audio Settings Tab and the Input Audio Settings Tab you are good to go. From some of the complaints, it sound like the authors might have forgotten about the Input Settings Tab. The sad thing is the Mac does so much for you automatically, when some users find that a device doesn't do what they want the moment they put the USB in, they declare the device is not Mac Compatible, when it very much is.

Also, I appreciate it for what it does NOT have, namely a volume control on the wire. Yes, models like Cyber Acoustics AC-840 Internet Communication USB Mono Headset and others by Logitech, Jambra, and Microsoft come with volume controls on the wire, but really that just creates another place to check with the audio is too low or too high. Think about it if you're watching a previously recorded webinar or TEDs presentation chances are the website you are on offers volume controls, the computer itself has volume controls, and, if you are watching it through a dedicated application, as opposed to a browser, that too might have volume controls. One less place to check is a good thing.

Finally, let's face it, workplaces and offices in general are interesting contradictions. You want to be be able to review media and other resources online for presentations and other information, but you also need to be clued in on what else is going on in the environment, from an sudden meeting being called to a serious emergency arising. A single ear headset like this one makes sense, for both your functionality in the office and your personal safety. Because if the zombies or anyone else attack, the sooner you hear the sooner you can get to safety.
4 helpful votes
5 helpful votes
on June 8, 2015
Works fine, but its overall frame size is just a little too small. I bought it to replace the "Dragon naturally Speaking" headset that was included with the software, I somehow managed to sever the Dragon microphone cable, which was totally "un-repairable". I have noticed that Dragon Software has more "incorrect dictated words" using the Koss Microphone, so I have to make more corrections. The Dragon had a foam screen versus the hard plastic on the Koss. I think the foam is better. The Dragon also has 2 earphones, also foam covered. I would really like to have my old dragon headset, but I'm not paying their price for a replacement. For the price, the Koss CS95 is a good buy.
5 helpful votes
6 helpful votes
on October 12, 2016
This headset works great on PS4. For anyone who is curious, these will not work on Xbox One. Also tested this headset on Windows 7, 10 and several Linux distributions with no problems. The cord is very long, a bit long for PC use (tied mine up for PC use) but is well suited for console play if you have the console a 5-6 feet from your chair. Be wary of having the volume up, as my friends would note on how loud I sound when talking into the Mic. Other headsets I have used did not produce the same volumes this headset did.
3 helpful votes
4 helpful votes
on October 1, 2012
This headset is terrible. I used to have the Andrea Anti-noise NC-181VM USB with which my dictation accuracy was around 95%. This headset picks up 10-20% of what I say and only if I practically yell into it. It cannot pick up most of what I say if I speak quietly and enunciate. To top it off, the headband cuts painfully into my head. Yikes, returning.
15 helpful votes
16 helpful votes
on December 31, 2011
This headset might sound great, but it's so uncomfortable on my head! It's narrow and has a "hard" bow to the top of it, so you can't adjust the way it curves over the top of your head. The result is that I have to open it all the way up and then kind of perch it on my head, holding the earphone against my ear. BUT, because of the shape it's bowed at, the hard plastic piece that sits on the other side of my head above my ear ends up pressing too hard and giving me a headache. Honestly, I'm mystified by the great reviews... If I had saved the packaging, I'd return this. Alas, I'm out the money.
11 helpful votes
12 helpful votes
33 comments|Report abuse
on March 1, 2016
I bought two of these, primarily based on price. I am using one to dictate this review and found it to be very responsive and of decent quality, particularly when considering the price point. Over the last three or four years I ran through 45 sets of these headsets, primarily due to pinching or cutting of the cable. It might make more sense for me to use a Bluetooth headset. However, I don't like the reliability of anything it's battery-powered when I can plug it in. So one hand you pinch your cable into, on the other hand, the dam batteries dead.

These headsets need no battery. Of course, and their cable seems to be about as good a quality as most. There is no independent volume control for the earpiece so you must set your volume using the speaker icon at the bottom left of your window screen. I was annoyed by this. However, I and my are other headsets my shirt would constantly change the volume on the knob anyway. With no volume control on the cable I can set it with the speaker icon and then it doesn't change.

I use this every day with Dragon NaturallySpeaking, and I did have to go through a microphone calibration since his output level is apparently different than the earlier headsets I've used. This only took a minute or two in the headsets work flawlessly sense.

The audio quality of the speaker is pretty good. Once again, money might buy a better headset, but nothing will keep record from being pinched except for going wireless, and I just don't want to do that.

I don't see any reason you'd be sorry for buying these, particularly since they are modestly priced. Good luck.
on August 22, 2014
I purchased the Koss CS95-USB headset as a replacement for a previous Logitech USB headset that broke. I use my headset primarily for gaming and Skypeing (and gaming while skypeing).

I had some problems getting the headset to work initially, however. A bit of technical background: I have 15 years of technical support experience and degrees in the computer field, so this was not a novice mistake.

The issue I experienced was Windows being unable to install the driver for this headset. I plugged in my old headset as well, and the driver similarly failed to install. After some Googling, I determined that Windows 8.1, which I run, appeared to be at issue. It appears that Windows 8.1 doesn't do a good job of finding drivers for USB Audio Devices (such as headsets), and that I would need to manually locate a driver for this headset myself.

To find the appropriate driver, I went into control panel->right clicked on the exclam'd device (indicating a driver could not be installed). Then I clicked properties->details->hardware IDs. The Hardware ID for this device was: USB\VID_0D8C&PID_013A&REV_0100

the "VID" string indicates the vendor (i.e. the chip inside the headset) was made by C-Media corp., a well-known supplier of sound chips for audio devices. After trying to use a number of different C-Media drivers for this headset, but having windows indicate the driver installs failed, I tried the "Plantronics Gamescom" headset driver from Driverscape (listed under USB Devices->C-Media) Link: http://www.driverscape.com/download/plantronics-gamecom . I installed this driver, and voila! I tested a Skype call to ensure functionality. It worked perfectly.

To force an install of this driver, download and extract the zip file. Go to control panel->device manager->right click on the device w/o the driver->update driver->select driver from a list->have disk. Next, navigate to the location of the extracted files from the zip. In my case, the driver was in the x64 folder, as I'm running a 64-bit version of Windows 8.1. The folder structure and driver may vary slightly depending on your OS.

Hope this helps anyone who's had issues with this headset. Please bear in mind that this seems to be an OS-specific issue, and not an issue with the headset itself.
2 helpful votes
on March 31, 2017
I have single-side deafness and been searching for a good mono (over-ear) headphone for years. This is the first quality one I have found. Reproduces sound excellently, much better than other mono headphones, with bass that has been missing from every other headphone I've used. Though not specifically a sound-canceling headphone, the Koss CS95 does a decent job of that, too. The only improvement I could wish for is a way to detach the microphone part (as I don't need it), but I realize that my needs are outside of its intended usage. I have written to the company to thank it for a great product and to inquire about the availability of a version without the microphone.
on February 6, 2017
I use this for speech to text on an HP windows 10 laptop computer and the accuracy is pretty good for the price point. Only 4 stars because The shape of the head pad turns in strangely on the headset to start and had to be bent and stretched gently over a few days by putting it onto a round object to stop digging painfully into my skull.