Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $59.99 Kindle Paperwhite Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 647 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 663 reviews
on July 30, 2010
I bought two of these sets over a year ago and they are still performing like a champ today. They have definitely performed beyond my expectations and trust me, I have put a good amount of use into them. For $10-15, you can't go wrong. Great sound, great mic, and durable build construction.
11 comment| 97 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 6, 2009
I have been using this headset for over a month with Nuance's Dragon Naturally Speaking software. It works perfectly! I am getting over a 99% accuracy rate! Before you spend "big bucks" on another headset, give this one a try. I know you will be happy with it!
88 comments| 320 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 25, 2015
I'm a Mac user and really have not had any problems with the mic or the ear piece at all. Once you adjust BOTH the Output Audio Settings Tab and the Input Audio Settings Tab you are good to go. From some of the complaints, it sound like the authors might have forgotten about the Input Settings Tab. The sad thing is the Mac does so much for you automatically, when some users find that a device doesn't do what they want the moment they put the USB in, they declare the device is not Mac Compatible, when it very much is.

Also, I appreciate it for what it does NOT have, namely a volume control on the wire. Yes, models like Cyber Acoustics AC-840 Internet Communication USB Mono Headset and others by Logitech, Jambra, and Microsoft come with volume controls on the wire, but really that just creates another place to check with the audio is too low or too high. Think about it if you're watching a previously recorded webinar or TEDs presentation chances are the website you are on offers volume controls, the computer itself has volume controls, and, if you are watching it through a dedicated application, as opposed to a browser, that too might have volume controls. One less place to check is a good thing.

Finally, let's face it, workplaces and offices in general are interesting contradictions. You want to be be able to review media and other resources online for presentations and other information, but you also need to be clued in on what else is going on in the environment, from an sudden meeting being called to a serious emergency arising. A single ear headset like this one makes sense, for both your functionality in the office and your personal safety. Because if the zombies or anyone else attack, the sooner you hear the sooner you can get to safety.
on July 24, 2015
Purchased this Item in early-mid June 2015 it is now late-mid July, I used this headset for web conference calls on my PC about 4 or 5 times in that period and now the microphone doesn't work at all.

Before the mic died, there was a problem with the fact that it presented itself to windows as a stereo device so any audio that would come through the right channel was lost instead of being redirected to the left (and only) speaker. I contacted Koss about this problem and the response was that "there is either something wrong with the headphone or the settings on the computer." with no offering of how to check the settings or determine if it was indeed the headphone and start an RMA or something. I wouldn't have contacted customer support if I didn't already know that something was wrong with either the headphones or the settings.

tldr: Product doesn't work, Company doesn't offer support.
on June 8, 2015
Works fine, but its overall frame size is just a little too small. I bought it to replace the "Dragon naturally Speaking" headset that was included with the software, I somehow managed to sever the Dragon microphone cable, which was totally "un-repairable". I have noticed that Dragon Software has more "incorrect dictated words" using the Koss Microphone, so I have to make more corrections. The Dragon had a foam screen versus the hard plastic on the Koss. I think the foam is better. The Dragon also has 2 earphones, also foam covered. I would really like to have my old dragon headset, but I'm not paying their price for a replacement. For the price, the Koss CS95 is a good buy.
on October 12, 2016
This headset works great on PS4. For anyone who is curious, these will not work on Xbox One. Also tested this headset on Windows 7, 10 and several Linux distributions with no problems. The cord is very long, a bit long for PC use (tied mine up for PC use) but is well suited for console play if you have the console a 5-6 feet from your chair. Be wary of having the volume up, as my friends would note on how loud I sound when talking into the Mic. Other headsets I have used did not produce the same volumes this headset did.
on October 1, 2012
This headset is terrible. I used to have the Andrea Anti-noise NC-181VM USB with which my dictation accuracy was around 95%. This headset picks up 10-20% of what I say and only if I practically yell into it. It cannot pick up most of what I say if I speak quietly and enunciate. To top it off, the headband cuts painfully into my head. Yikes, returning.
on December 31, 2011
This headset might sound great, but it's so uncomfortable on my head! It's narrow and has a "hard" bow to the top of it, so you can't adjust the way it curves over the top of your head. The result is that I have to open it all the way up and then kind of perch it on my head, holding the earphone against my ear. BUT, because of the shape it's bowed at, the hard plastic piece that sits on the other side of my head above my ear ends up pressing too hard and giving me a headache. Honestly, I'm mystified by the great reviews... If I had saved the packaging, I'd return this. Alas, I'm out the money.
on October 2, 2015
I've used headsets for 18 years now. I've used ones that cost over a thousand bucks and answer based on the tilt of your skull....and Ive used plenty of dollar store variety headsets, too. Considering these are usually just for work, unless you make tons of money and price doesnt matter---this is your best bet. Sounds good, the mic is good, easy to use, relatively comfortable and tough as hell somehow. Had my last one for 30 months using it all over the country for 8-10 hours a day...then being jammed in and out of a backpack for each shift. It finally broke the other day--when I accidentally stepped on it. Just ordered my new one, so had to leave the review. Excellent product.
on March 1, 2016
I bought two of these, primarily based on price. I am using one to dictate this review and found it to be very responsive and of decent quality, particularly when considering the price point. Over the last three or four years I ran through 45 sets of these headsets, primarily due to pinching or cutting of the cable. It might make more sense for me to use a Bluetooth headset. However, I don't like the reliability of anything it's battery-powered when I can plug it in. So one hand you pinch your cable into, on the other hand, the dam batteries dead.

These headsets need no battery. Of course, and their cable seems to be about as good a quality as most. There is no independent volume control for the earpiece so you must set your volume using the speaker icon at the bottom left of your window screen. I was annoyed by this. However, I and my are other headsets my shirt would constantly change the volume on the knob anyway. With no volume control on the cable I can set it with the speaker icon and then it doesn't change.

I use this every day with Dragon NaturallySpeaking, and I did have to go through a microphone calibration since his output level is apparently different than the earlier headsets I've used. This only took a minute or two in the headsets work flawlessly sense.

The audio quality of the speaker is pretty good. Once again, money might buy a better headset, but nothing will keep record from being pinched except for going wireless, and I just don't want to do that.

I don't see any reason you'd be sorry for buying these, particularly since they are modestly priced. Good luck.