Your Garage Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Limited time offer Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning Catastrophe Catastrophe Catastrophe  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Style: CS95|Change

Showing 1-10 of 628 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 644 reviews
on June 20, 2009
I've tried a lot of these, many in the $70 to $130 range, and this one outperforms them all. Clear and loud in the ear, and it works perfectly for Skype and Mac Dictate, as well as everyday voice recording. Comfortable to wear, too. I only took off a star because the cord is so ridiculously long. But that's just me. A lot of people would really appreciate a long cord, so if you're one of them add that star back on!
11 comment| 141 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 30, 2010
I bought two of these sets over a year ago and they are still performing like a champ today. They have definitely performed beyond my expectations and trust me, I have put a good amount of use into them. For $10-15, you can't go wrong. Great sound, great mic, and durable build construction.
11 comment| 96 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 25, 2015
I'm a Mac user and really have not had any problems with the mic or the ear piece at all. Once you adjust BOTH the Output Audio Settings Tab and the Input Audio Settings Tab you are good to go. From some of the complaints, it sound like the authors might have forgotten about the Input Settings Tab. The sad thing is the Mac does so much for you automatically, when some users find that a device doesn't do what they want the moment they put the USB in, they declare the device is not Mac Compatible, when it very much is.

Also, I appreciate it for what it does NOT have, namely a volume control on the wire. Yes, models like Cyber Acoustics AC-840 Internet Communication USB Mono Headset and others by Logitech, Jambra, and Microsoft come with volume controls on the wire, but really that just creates another place to check with the audio is too low or too high. Think about it if you're watching a previously recorded webinar or TEDs presentation chances are the website you are on offers volume controls, the computer itself has volume controls, and, if you are watching it through a dedicated application, as opposed to a browser, that too might have volume controls. One less place to check is a good thing.

Finally, let's face it, workplaces and offices in general are interesting contradictions. You want to be be able to review media and other resources online for presentations and other information, but you also need to be clued in on what else is going on in the environment, from an sudden meeting being called to a serious emergency arising. A single ear headset like this one makes sense, for both your functionality in the office and your personal safety. Because if the zombies or anyone else attack, the sooner you hear the sooner you can get to safety.
on July 24, 2015
Purchased this Item in early-mid June 2015 it is now late-mid July, I used this headset for web conference calls on my PC about 4 or 5 times in that period and now the microphone doesn't work at all.

Before the mic died, there was a problem with the fact that it presented itself to windows as a stereo device so any audio that would come through the right channel was lost instead of being redirected to the left (and only) speaker. I contacted Koss about this problem and the response was that "there is either something wrong with the headphone or the settings on the computer." with no offering of how to check the settings or determine if it was indeed the headphone and start an RMA or something. I wouldn't have contacted customer support if I didn't already know that something was wrong with either the headphones or the settings.

tldr: Product doesn't work, Company doesn't offer support.
on February 6, 2009
I have been using this headset for over a month with Nuance's Dragon Naturally Speaking software. It works perfectly! I am getting over a 99% accuracy rate! Before you spend "big bucks" on another headset, give this one a try. I know you will be happy with it!
88 comments| 318 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 8, 2015
Works fine, but its overall frame size is just a little too small. I bought it to replace the "Dragon naturally Speaking" headset that was included with the software, I somehow managed to sever the Dragon microphone cable, which was totally "un-repairable". I have noticed that Dragon Software has more "incorrect dictated words" using the Koss Microphone, so I have to make more corrections. The Dragon had a foam screen versus the hard plastic on the Koss. I think the foam is better. The Dragon also has 2 earphones, also foam covered. I would really like to have my old dragon headset, but I'm not paying their price for a replacement. For the price, the Koss CS95 is a good buy.
on March 10, 2017
Wearing this was a painful experience. The included pic sort of speaks for itself. The side of the band opposite the ear piece curves almost straight into your head just above your ear. It wouldn't be so bad but the band itself is far too stiff putting too much pressure there. Making matters worse is the fact that the piece is not padded at all, its a sort of semi-flexible plastic instead. All in all its a horrible experience using this thing.

Its pretty sad because the mic itself was actually fairly good. Using it with Dragon Naturallyspeaking 13 my accuracy was very good. But it doesn't matter how good the mic is if you can't stand to wear it long enough to get anything done.
review image
on October 12, 2016
This headset works great on PS4. For anyone who is curious, these will not work on Xbox One. Also tested this headset on Windows 7, 10 and several Linux distributions with no problems. The cord is very long, a bit long for PC use (tied mine up for PC use) but is well suited for console play if you have the console a 5-6 feet from your chair. Be wary of having the volume up, as my friends would note on how loud I sound when talking into the Mic. Other headsets I have used did not produce the same volumes this headset did.
on October 1, 2012
This headset is terrible. I used to have the Andrea Anti-noise NC-181VM USB with which my dictation accuracy was around 95%. This headset picks up 10-20% of what I say and only if I practically yell into it. It cannot pick up most of what I say if I speak quietly and enunciate. To top it off, the headband cuts painfully into my head. Yikes, returning.
on January 3, 2013
Koss is my favorite brand for headphones, you can get really good quality without breaking the bank, because even their mid-end stuff is just great. So when I needed a new headset, I knew that's what I wanted. I got these a while ago, and they work very well, despite a LOT of abuse (I'm forever running over the ample cord with my computer chair). Sound is still very good, both in terms of output and recording.

My only complaint is that if I wear them long enough it starts to hurt. Maybe I just never figured out how to position them correctly, or maybe they just don't fit alongside my glasses, but they're not great for my long gaming sessions. They're designed to use pressure and tension to stay in place on your head, which is probably fine for those who don't wear glasses, but for me, it causes an uncomfortable pinch. Also the edges where they go up over the ear are kind of sharp, so if I adjust the headset to relieve the pinch, it digs into my ear a little, which isn't comfy. Again, this might be user error or perhaps the "behind the head" layout is just a bad design for me, but think carefully about what's comfortable for you before you dive into a headset purchase.

Bottom line: If you're good with this style, than this will probably meet and likely exceed your expectations for the price. Else, you might want to keep looking.