Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning britboxlaunch britboxlaunch britboxlaunch  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7, starting at $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 540 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 604 reviews
VINE VOICEon April 1, 2011
I bought this for my boyfriend for his birthday... a few comments from him and me:

1) The noise canceling is fantastic. I can pretty much yell at him and he won't hear me. (This is also kinda hilarious when he's playing Left 4 Dead...I can tap him on the shoulder and he jumps about 3 feet)

2) The sound is excellent. I listened to it myself. A lot better than the $40 logitech pair I bought myself.

3) He's been wearing them about 2-4 hours a day since getting them...he complained the first day they felt a bit tight, but no comfort complaints since.

4) The mic sticks out pretty far from the face. He was worried about that at first, but everyone seems to hear him so no more concerns there.

5) They're huge. They don't look it in the picture but they're very large. Like the size of headphones you'd find at a gun range or for use on private aircraft. Not terribly heavy though, considering.

6) There isn't a volume adjust on the cord. This didn't occur to me, but it was pretty much the first thing he noticed out of the box.

All in all he seems happy...so I'm glad I chose these.

Update 3/11/2013 - they're still getting daily use by him for hours a day and still working as well as they did new. No durability issues to date, nor has he felt any need to replace/upgrade them.

Update: 11/19/2013 - they died this week. As with most complaints, it was the mic that went. Still, they have probably a few thousand hours of use on them and lasted over 2.5 years. For $30 I'm going to leave the 4 star rating alone and say that they were still money well spent, at least in our case.
22 comments| 67 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 29, 2012
I got this headset because it is big and comfortable even with a hat on and also picks up very little background noise
33 comments| 76 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 26, 2017
I have found that Koss often offers outstanding audio quality in low-priced headphones, and this unit has outstanding audio quality for $25.

Connectors: two separate 3-conductor 3.5 mm mini-phone plugs; a gray plug for microphone output, and a black plug for stereo headphone input. These can be combined using a product called a Y-splitter (ENVEL 3.5 mm Jack Cable Adapter for $4.99), which is required to use this unit with any laptop or cell phone with a 4-conductor mini-phone jack (as they all do these days).
ENVEL 3.5mm Jack Cable Adapter Kit Mutual Convertors for Notebook Mac PS4 and Smartphone Tablet Earphone with Headphone/Microphone Simultaneously Y Splitter Audio 2 Female to 1 Male
on October 21, 2014
Sorta big. Microphone wire is sort of STIFF and stays where it wants to, a bit hard to shape it to where you want and it doesn't move after that.

That said, I was having many issues with my laptop microphone and the internet speed provided in my basic package. (I was not going to pay $1100 for two years of 'enhanced speed' "under contract" to try to fix it). The sound quality is excellent, the microphone does pick up very well, and with the USB plug if I had a wonky audio plug that issue is now moot. I have tinntinitus so an objective on range of the ear speakers isn't really possible. I will say I can easily adjust this on my sound controls to seem balanced to my hearing; I can hear friends speak to me very well; and they can hear me plainly and clearly now. Skype calls are now back to being possible, clear on both sides and standable. Even in group calls. I will recommend these if you need to do or make a lot of Skype calls and are having problems. Earcups seem comfortable as well, and there is a bit of cord length. I can get up and grab something off a bookcase, not really move from the area of my computer chair, but, not tightly leashed either. I give it five stars because these seem to be an excellent solution to what looked like an expensive problem. (and taking my laptop apart to put a new audio card or set of audio plugs in it, plus replacing the cam/mike, wasn't exactly what I wanted to do either)
on July 31, 2014
If you need a headset for voice chat and don't want to spend a lot of money, this is a solid choice. If you're looking for something that blows you away, you'll need to spend more money. Much more.

Koss is a reputable maker of headphones, so no worries on the sound and quality of the headphone part of this set. The mic is a little suspect though. When talking to people, I head consistent feedback that there was a lot of static or that my voice wasn't clear, so the microphone is likely very low quality. Don't use it if it's extremely important to record your voice clearly. For casual communication, it's fine though. I can still be understood for the most part when speaking into the mic.

The reason I gave this a 3 instead of a 4 is that they aren't exactly the most comfortable pair of headphones I've ever worn. I use them to voice chat while playing games and after about an hour's worth of playing, my ears start hurting really badly (well, they start sooner, but it takes an hour to become unbearable). This may be because I wear glasses and they pinch my ears against the frames, so don't completely rule them out if you don't. I have problems with most headphones hurting after extended use, so take my complaint for what it's worth.
on June 29, 2017
Pretty solid, especially for the cost. Headset worked fine with an iPhone (with adapter) and computer - however, my application is for a talkback mic on a mixing board, and the mic output / gain is way too low for my Mackie or Peavey mixers, even with the pre-gain pegged. Fortunately I had a couple of inline pre-amps (3.5mm in / 1/4" out) floating around that came with some lav mics and they worked great. I suspect some of the "mic did not work" reviews were folks trying to use the mic with amps, PAs, etc. and they need a pre-amp.
on January 6, 2016
Purchased this made in USA lifetime warranty headset with high expectations and boy was I let down.

Pros:
-Good mic quality while it works

Cons:
-Uncomfortable, especially if wearing glasses
-Headphone sound quality is terrible for the price
-Mic jiggles with the slightest movement of your head creating a loud noise in any voice recording or skype call
-Terrible customer service
-Expect to pay about $20 in shipping and handling to get your lifetime warranty fulfilled

The story:
The mic on my headset died at the beginning of December after owning it for only 3 months. This was 3 months of light use and never leaving my desk mind you. I couldn't have been more gentle on it if I tried! I call up customer support and they say just mail it in with a $9 handling fee and they will fix it.
After arguing that if I have to pay $9 every three months I'm better off just getting a different headset they agree to wave that charge. So I pay $12 to ship it out and wait 20 days to get the SAME BROKEN HEADSET BACK! I call up and ask what gives on the 22nd of December and they expected me to pay another $12 to ship it out to them again. After more arguing they agree to just send me a new one. It's the 6th of January and I'm still without a working headset.
Worst headset I've ever owned and worst product I've ever purchased.
on May 12, 2013
I absolutely love to Koss SB45 headset. As always, the speakers have a great ranges and sounds great.
But what really surprised me was the microphone. The clarity is better than most products you can find for a comparable price. I mainly use it for online gaming in games like Team Fortress 2, Counter-Strike: Source and Garry's Mod, and I could not be happier. I can talk softly, yet can be heard clearly by everbody I am talking with. Of course everybody in my household loves this because I would have to talk loudly to be heard with all the previous products I have owned. I can definitely recommend this product for anybody that uses a telecommunications program like Skype.
The headset does fit snugly, so I do not recommend that somebody wears it for an extended period of time. My main concern is that the cord is about eight feet long, and the wires appear to be very thin. So you have to be very careful that the cord does not get yanked hard or tripped over, especially when using it with a laptop. Desktop users may be unhappy that this will contribute greatly to that cord tangle mess that frustrates you so much.
All in all, I have to ask why you would pay thirty to sixty dollars more when Koss makes such an affordable and high quality product.
on November 1, 2013
I really like this headset. I had to buy it for work to make videos. The sound quality is excellent! The design of it is such that you don't hear any outside noise, and then when you record your voice, it comes out really well. It was easy to configure it for use with Camtasia, my company's video tool. In fact, when I had to do a comparison between the Koss headset and a much more expensive microphone, the Koss headset was much, much better! I highly recommend it.
on May 1, 2017
I have two phones in my office, both VOIP and I have one of these headsets on Vonage and the other on Ooma. They work great. Clear calls and the headphones block almost all of the fan nice from my computer and such on my desk. You do have to adjust the microphone so it is not too close to your mouth to fix the occasional echo you get with VOIP, but this is a VOIP issue not a problem with the headphones.