Kotobuki Japanese Kezuriki Dried Bonito Shaver for Katsuobushi, Wood
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Traditional wood box for shaving bonito into katsuobushi
- Make delicious, authentic Japanese dashi at home
- Blade measures 2-1/8 inches in width
- Overall box dimensions measure 9-1/2 x 4 x 4-1/2h inches
- Made in Japan
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Katsuobushi, or dried bonito flakes, is a key ingredient in Japanese dashi broth. The dried flakes add a distinct umami and subtle smoky flavor to dashi, which cannot be replicated by other ingredients. While katsuobushi is not difficult to find already processed and packaged, the taste between freshly shaved katsuo and flakes sitting in a bag on a store shelf for weeks, or even months, is tremendous. Pre-packaged katsuobushi simply bears no comparison to the robustness of its freshly shaved counterpart. This traditional wood kezuriki, or shaving box, is an essential tool when processing katsuo into flakes.