Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Kraft Deluxe Dinner 2% Macaroni & Cheese, 14 Ounce Boxes (Pack of 4)
Your Garage Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Water Sports

Flavor: 2% Milk|Size: Pack of 4 (14-Ounce)|Change

VINE VOICEon May 22, 2007
Amazon sells four Kraft Macaroni & Cheese Deluxe dinners. They're all pretty good. Each uses packets of cheese sauce, not packets of powder, so the cheese is never clumpy and distributes itself evenly. My husband, teenage daughter and I cooked up all four and did our own taste test. Here's what we found:

The Original Cheddar flavor (Kraft Macaroni & Cheese Deluxe Dinner, 14-Ounce Boxes (Pack of 8)) is good. Plenty creamy, it tastes like a homemade version of the Kraft standard (i.e., Kraft Macaroni & Cheese Scooby Doo Shapes, 5.5-Ounce Boxes (Pack of 24)).

This one, the Sharp Cheddar flavor, is slightly tastier, and has a subtle smoky aftertaste.

The light meal (Kraft Deluxe Macaroni & Cheese Dinner - Light, 14 oz) is pretty good, but when you try it side-by-side with the original flavor you can tell it's not as rich. Still, if you only buy this one you'll be happy. If you're counting calories go for it.

The Four Cheese meal (Kraft Macaroni & Cheese Deluxe Dinner, Four Cheese Sauce, 14-Ounce Boxes (Pack of 12)) is, in our opinion, the best. With the most cheese flavor, it combines American, cheddar, colby and parmesan, and tastes similar to what you'd find at a decent restaurant. The parmesan flavor is especially noticeable.

These Deluxe dinners cost about twice as much as the basic Kraft boxes, but in each case you can really taste the difference.
22 comments| 50 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 500 REVIEWERon November 6, 2015
Original Three Pack

You're right now lazily sitting on your rear end and you should probably go ahead and purchase this item with Prime, and I recommend adding canned chicken to this order too, it'll just be a few more mouse clicks. Some time soon your doorbell will ring and you'll have to get up and accept the package, and then boil water to cook the noodles for 10 minutes.

You quick drain them (or else you'll need to add water) and then slide them right back into the kettle and open the cheese pack, and then you roll it like toothpaste onto those noodles. Then pepper it and hot sauce it if you desire, a little garlic powder works here too. But don't salt it, the cheese is very salty. Add the chicken after just a quick drain, a little broth is good in here. Leftover vegetable can be added too, how else are you going to get rid of them? But then you should remove an equal amount of noodles, so maybe not.

Now I hope that you used a stainless steel kettle, or else you could actually be making more work for yourself, and have to clean a plate later, so think ahead.

You can take the kettle back to your computer or TV now and gobble down half of it, and then just put the kettle into the fridge for when you get home later after having serious fun, with absolutely zero henpecking.

You've had two large meals for about $7 with the added 10 oz of chicken, and will only have to clean a kettle and a spoon, unless you chose to eat with your fingers. As a bonus, after you're done eating, go back and read some of the reviews on this product for amusement. I like the culinary experts that have a hard time mixing liquid cheese and noodles, I know that act of stirring pulled a muscle in my brain, wow. Some don't like the taste! Well, I recently had a $40 meal at a restaurant that I wasn't pleased with either, so I won't be eating there again, but since they've been doing business for decades others must like eating there. It truly amazes me that people find it helpful to know that 100% of the planet doesn't find this food appetizing, I wouldn't expect universal joy over any food, I don't even much care for mac n cheese, see how helpful that is? Our species can be so interesting,......

Level of satisfaction is an 8, energy expended in order to refuel your body is only a 2. The feeling of accomplishment from making it out on your own,.....Priceless.

Recommended, and because you ate cheap food, now you can afford a better brand of beer with more time to enjoy it, dinner was only 15 minutes after all. There you go guys.

P.S. If you leave the kettle full of water in the sink long enough, someone else is bound to clean it for you.
VINE VOICEon May 22, 2007

The Sharp Cheddar flavor (Kraft Macaroni & Cheese Deluxe Dinner, Sharp Cheddar, 14-Ounce Boxes (Pack of 12)) is slightly tastier, and has a subtle smoky aftertaste.

The light meal (Kraft Deluxe Macaroni & Cheese Dinner - Light, 14 oz) is pretty good, ut when you try it side by side with the original flavor you can tell it's not as rich. Still, if you only buy this one you'll be happy. If you're counting calories go for it.

But it's this one, the Four Cheese meal, that's the best. With the most cheese flavor, it combines American, cheddar, colby and parmesan, and tastes similar to what you'd find at a decent restaurant. The parmesan flavor is especially noticeable.

on August 12, 2012
I love mac & cheese but haven't been able to eat the stuff with powder as it causes diarrhea every time I try & eat some. So it was with great aprehension that I tried this. Oh boy! Now I can enjoy mac & cheese again. The liquid cheese sauce is great with good flavor. So happy! Really good.
on May 27, 2016
I love, love, LOVE Velveeta shells and cheese. I know, everyone says homemade is better but I have loved kraft mac and cheese since childhood. I used to buy shells and cheese and the deluxe dinner but never 2%. Hey, 2% milk is rich, I drink skim or 1% on a regular basis. But no, please do not buy this. It tasted awful, like worse than when i tried to make mac and cheese with FAT-FREE Kraft singles. Go ahead splurge and get the regular version!
on August 30, 2015
I got the 2 percent which was missing half the fat. That wasn't all that went missing in this version of Kraft Deluxe mac and cheese. It's actually not bad. It's just not very good. Compared to the other Deluxe offerings, the flavor is bland. The macaroni cooks up tender in eight minutes. Don't leave it too long, because unlike some of the other eblows in this series, this mac can overcook rather easily. The cheese sauce is very creamy and mine was definitely fresh. It's just so mild tasting it almost tastes like nothing. This is especially a problem if you are going to add anything to it, like the chicken and broccoli recommended on the box. This cheese sauce is not going to go very far without some doctoring. I added buffalo wing sauce to mine and it was much better. If you have a picky eater in the house, this might be a safe choice.
on November 24, 2015
Received my 4 pack and made a regular batch that first night. Cheese pack was so thick had to add a little milk for a creamier sauce. Tasty.
Two days later I made a Tuna
casserole, with extra cheese
and bread crumbs on top. Rich
and even tastier. Bacon
casserole next. So many
recipes, but only 4 boxes.
Macaroni seemed fresh and the
cheese packets were thick and
creamy. No qualms at all. Kraft
is King. Ordering another pack,
so I can try another of the so many different recipes you can make with these boxes.
on September 9, 2015
Who doesn't love Kraft Mac& Cheese? We buy this in the large pack because if my daughter had her way she would eat it for every meal! She doesn't but we do allow her to have it for lunch several times a week and this larger pack is great to keep on hand. This type has the cheesy "sauce" packet because my husband complains when he actually has to mix the power one together. Is it really that hard to mix butter, powder, and milk?
on October 23, 2015
It is so nice to be able to have a nice healthy side dish to make that almost tastes like homemade, I only have 1 complaint and that would be that I just don't like the little pouches. I have to use scissors because of my carpel tunnel and I do not have a lot of strength in my hands. Or else I would give it 5 stars.
on March 13, 2016
It's mac and cheese from a box, so there isn't a high bar, but I didn't like this as much as I liked the Velveeta version. I purchased this because of the dash button and I don't think I'm going to end up eating it.

See 1 answered question