Truck Reviews Beauty Warlight Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on January 27, 2015
Discovered a whole new way of building furniture

Furniture being quite expensive, I decided to start building my own.
After a lot of research, I realized that have a Kreg Jig was a must
These screws are great. They grip and pull the wood together, even those that are slight warped.
Far superior to standard wood screws.
I used these jig screws for every join on the table in the include picture.
review image
15 people found this helpful
|22 comments|Report abuse
on May 4, 2018
Amateur woodworker here. These pocket hole screws are a nice quick way to join some boards together whilst keeping things out of sight. Coupled with the plugs Kreg also sells, a good way to save some time on a project. Reading around, these are probably not the strongest solution for joining some boards together, but it is probably one of the quickest. For me, I just didn't have the time (nor the tools) for intricate dowel joints, mortise and tenon, etc... So, if you're looking for just a quick and easy way to make something you can be proud of, these aren't a bad way to go.
review imagereview image
on May 17, 2013
As a cabinetmaker you seem to have to either love pocket hole joinery, or hate it! However, as a woodworker making a few cabinets I had mixed feelings. Anyway I decided to take the plunge in a small way, and bought a "Kreg Mini Jig Kit MINI JIG KIT" just to try it out!

The kit has not been used yet. The screws however are another matter entirely!!!

Do yourself a favor and try the Kreg screws, you will get rid of those drywall screws pronto, or at least relegate them to their proper second place role.

These screws cut their own pilot hole and have a reduced shank, so if you select the correct length, they allow the top board to pull down tight without your having to drill a clearance hole. Plus the washer head means no splitting of your wood.

BTW - the pilot drill from the kit, though it has never been used to drill a pocket hole to make a joint, has had lots of use as a countersink, it has a wonderful depth guide and is of course perfectly sized for the screws.

Warning, this pilot drill gives new meaning to the term "razor sharp" - even the flutes will slice the unwary, please don't ask me how I know this!!!
2 people found this helpful
on July 27, 2016
Does exactly what it's supposed to when using pocket holes. Never had one head break or strip, adjusting the torque setting on the drill as necessary. Price per screw is pennies so not worth trying to find alternatives to the Kreg brand since they work so well. Used to come in cardboard box as pictured, but now they come in plastic boxes that can be stack/reused.
review image
2 people found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse
Perfect size for those that build with quite a bit of Dimensional Lumber (ie: 2 x) Picked up a 250 box before committing to the larger 5000+ boxes, but I think I may go ahead and do that. I find myself reaching for these and the 1-1/4 quite a bit. The other odd ball sizes I don't use all that much. As always, service on Amazon was top notch, price can't be beat! Kreg screws are my all time favorite building screw!
on July 14, 2014
My favorite pocket screws and my most commonly used size. I use these for all of my projects with 2" lumber (2x4, 2x6, etc) and always get great results. It's just not worth subbing another type of screw when using pocket joinery and I've found that pocket joinery is proving to be superior to toenailing or drilling through holes for butt joints. I've used so many of these screws, my Kreg jig is starting to show its age after 6 years of heavy use.

If you have a Pocket hole jig, you can't go wrong with these. If you are considering getting into pocket hole joinery, you can't go wrong with that either.
One person found this helpful
on June 23, 2014
Wanted to build some shelving frames out of 2 by 4 stock but couldn't find this size kreg screw anywhere in town. Ordered from Amazon, built my shelves and everything is as strong as an ox. I have read where a lot of people use the 2" long screws but Kreg recommends 2 1/2" for 2 by material (1 1/2" thick). As with all Kreg joints, they are super strong, even without using glue. My only complaint is that the square driver hole is not the best and should be a star design. That is especially true when using these longer screws and heavier material.
on May 2, 2017
Terrific screws for building our farmhouse table/benches with pocket hole joinery. Only a handful left after all. Highly recommended for 2-4 in lumber joints.
on April 13, 2011
These screws are great for fast assembly without any slipping like a phillips head. I used these to build some gates and they worked perfect. I use the kreg bit that c'bores but also has a starter hole about .5 inch deep. I had no splitting in joining 2x2 soft wood.

I have also used other kreg bits for cabinet building and they are wonderful. As long as you use fine thread for hard woods and coarse thread for soft woods you shouldn't have a problem with splitting. At least I haven't.
5 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on June 9, 2015
I hear people grumbling about the cost of these screws, but if you take a look at GRC or Spax screws (also premium quality self-drilling screws) you'll find them to be about the same $0.07-0.10 a screw. These bite fast and work well, but I have had them tear out the pocket holes if they're used with a board that's got a warp to it. I build with 2x4's pretty routinely, and as anyone used to dealing with canned lumber will tell you, they're bent pretty regularly.

Be careful and these will do well for you.