Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 55 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 61 reviews
on November 27, 2012
This is a must-have collection for anyone remodeling a kitchen. I am completely remodeling my kitchen, building all new cabinets and a 5'x8' island for my wife. The Kreg pocket holes are an EXCELLENT joinery method that makes creating high-quality and extremely strong joints an absolute snap! You will find yourself building cabinets much faster and with absolute precision in no time.

The included right-angle clamp is great and allows you to insert one end into a drilled pocket hole while the end with the flat head holds the target board securely in place. This is extremely helpful and saves work and time.

The included screw-selector wheel selects the proper screw for your project by allowing you to select the thickness of your top and bottom boards and then displaying the proper jig, drill, and screw for the job.

You get various depth-stop tools to secure to your drill bit to ensure that you don't drill too deep and ruin your stock. These should be adjusted using scrap wood and getting the proper depth before working on your actual stock.

This kit contains the following jigs:

1 Kreg Jig K3 with front-side clamping
1 Kreg Jig HD for heavy-duty construction jobs
1 Micro-Pocket Drill Guide
1 Kreg Jig Mini

In addition to the jigs, you also get:

1 Right Angle Clamp
1 large clamp
1000+ Kreg Screws (various sizes for various projects)
Dust collection attachment
Screw Selector Wheel
Trim Carpentry DVD
A skillbuilder training DVD
An EXCELLENT and durable toolbox.

EDITED 12/02/2012

I finished watching both DVDs that came with the set and they are very useful and demonstrate uses for pocket hole jigs in various situations. I would HIGHLY recommend watching the DVDs, as you will get a good idea of how to use the clamps and joinery method. There are also instructional sections on things that you probably already know how to do, but it is always fun to watch a professional who is very good at their job build things.

Do yourself a favor and watch the DVDs!

BOTTOM LINE: HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
on March 17, 2013
I was on the fence about getting the Kreg Jig Master System or the more expensive Kreg Toolboxx Master Collection. It took me quite a while to find out all the differences, so I'm writing this review to help any others. I was leaning toward getting the less-expensive Master System and did not think I would be able to justify the more expensive Toolbox Master Collection. After breaking it all out and considering what you get, I went with the Toolboxx Master Collection and have been happy so far. This review will focus on the differences, instead of describing all those things you get in both sets.

From what I can tell, the Toolbox Master Collection $299 has everything in Jig Master System $139 plus the following:

* Toolbox and Screw Kit $78. You are going to need screws anyway; I figured I may as well get a variety up front. Otherwise every time I have a different joint/stock I may avoid using the Kreg jig all together because I don't have the right screws. However the master collection toolbox is even better because it is deeper than the one sold separately. My father-in-law had the Master System. We used it for a project and my wife and I liked it a lot. Though there is no way to keep things organized in the case. Everything just gets stuffed in wherever it fits. However with the toolbox, there is plenty of room to grow and still keep things organized.

* Kreg Micro Jig $45. This jig uses smaller diameter holes and screws, good for light duty 1/2" stock. Be aware that the regular Kreg Jig also claims to go down to 1/2" stock. So this doesn't let you really go thinner, but just better suited for some cases.

* Kreg Jig HD $59. This jig uses larger diameter holes and screws. It can use used for 1 1/2" stock and larger (I guess up to 4x4 stock). The regular Kreg Jig goes up to 1 1/2 stock, but this HD jig is 50% stronger.

* Right-Angle Clamp $25. It should make driving right angles quick and easy, which would otherwise be hard to clamp.

* The clamping base lever is in the front instead of the back as it is in the Master System. For me this was a small bonus. It's easier to use when you have a large board (like plywood) because you don't have to reach around behind to operate. But the tradeoff is you can't put a clamp right there in the front to hold the base to your bench. Instead you can just screw it into a scrap board and then clamp that down.

* Lastly, there is a $50 rebate from the manufacturer's website if you purchase by March 31 2013.
on December 11, 2012
This kit is awesome! It contains all of the best Kreg jigs, including the hard-to-find HD and Micro jigs. All of the jigs come individually boxed in their original packaging, which also means that you can wrap (or even gift) them individually for the holidays. Over a $450 value if I'd tried to purchase these items separately at my local woodworking store.

Beware: the 1500 screws that come with this kit encompass a range of sizes and thread/head types (with about 200 screws per size). So if you're hoping to use the jig immediately on an upcoming project, you'll want to visit the Kreg website, predetermine the screw size and shape best for you first project, and order the extra screws from Amazon. (For projects using 1" lumber sold by a big-box hardware/lumber store (nominal = 1", actual = 3/4"), you'll be using 1-1/4" screws. For softwoods (pine, cedar) order the coarse threaded screws. For hardwoods (oak, maple) order the fine threaded screws.
on May 1, 2013
This tool performs as advertised. Well made and accurate in use. The collection saves quite a bit of money as opposed to purchasing separately. Makes it very easy to produce a strong joint in many configurations. The tool box is of excellent construction and should last for many years. The jigs are well made and seem very sturdy. The use of plastic and/or resin construction does not concern me as the wear points are made of steel. I prefer the clamp handle on the front as opposed to the R4 which has the clamp on the rear of the jig. However I can see where the rear clamp could be handy, especially to a tradesman. All in all an excellent product
on June 10, 2013
I had one of the old Kreg jigs and it worked fine, but it wasn't very adjustable. You had to use riser blocks for materials other than 3/4". I ended up buying another brand that was adjustable. I wanted to switch back to Kreg when they came out with their adjustable jig, however, I didn't want to spend money on something I already had. When I came across this package, I thought it was definitely time to change (again.)

Here's what I like about this package (in no particular order,)
1. It has the jig with the clamp lever in front (very convenient when using large panels.) I prefer this over the standard version which has the lever on the other side of the material from the drilling side.
2. It is adjustable for different dimensions of wood
3. It includes the micro pocket jig for small dimensioned material
4. It includes the HD jig for very large dimensioned material such as 2x4s and larger
5. It includes 2 adjustable (vise-grip type) clamps
6. It has a handy screw selection guide which I find very useful
7. It comes with a great assortment of screws, both fine and coarse.
8. The vacuum attachment works great! No chips get under the next workpiece because it's absolutely clean.

The HD jig and Micro-pocket jig are a $60 and $50 value, respectively.
The screw assortment is about a $50 value.
The clamps are about $30 each
Considering the typical package you can get at woodworking shows and online are about $139 (for a basic kit) the extra items in this package easily put it well over a $300 value. Shop around like me and you can find a great deal for about $240 for this package.

What I don't like,
1. The case is a bit bulky and unbalanced when you extend the upper drawer. It does have legs to keep it from tipping, but that means you need a larger space on the table to open it without tipping it over. Don't try placing the case on a box or something which is the same size as the case - it will tip when you open it.
2. The screw guide is one of those circular spinners and is fairly large. It doesn't fit easily in the bottom of the case. Mine is already bent from getting caught in the closing of the lid. I don't think this will last very long. A smaller reference card would be just as helpful, and easier to store
3. The case is somewhat heavy. But then, with all the stuff you get, including the screws, what do you expect?
4. You really need to screw the basic jig to a base so you can clamp it to your workbench, but then it won't fit in the case.

Overall, I would say this is great package and highly recommend it.
on January 15, 2013
Over-sized toolbox means room for expansion and you don't have to fit everything back perfectly each time. Tons of screws in multiple lengths and diameters. The screw size selector wheel is actually pretty handy. The idea of Kreg is to make setups easy and remove measuring error, and the wheel does add value to that goal.
on January 1, 2017
It is in inches. Would have preferred a metric version but could not find on. Despite this it is still awesome and a pleasure to use every time I use it. I have been using it for 3 years and it shows no sign of wear.
on July 12, 2016
I purchased this for my husband for Christmas a few years ago. It is one of the best presents I have ever gotten for him (or myself for that matter). We have used it for so many different projects around the house. It makes joining our woodwork so easy.
on December 27, 2012
I bought this for our daughters household and even my husband was impressed with it. He has a Kreg jig but this set came with so much more than his kit has. He liked the adjustable guide and the box is a super high quality bonus. Our daughter built a desk and a bookcase using the jig and was amazed how much nicer it is to use than traditional drilling for starting the screws. Accurate too. I may buy this kit for my husband since it has so many extras with it. It's worth buying if you build only a few projects a year.
on July 8, 2013
The only item that I would consider getting additional ot this is the corner clamp that Kreg makes. Other than that, you literally have everything at your fingertips to produces high quality work without a ton of effort! In the process of building a custom built in bunk bed for my daughter and I have gone at a far faster pace than I would have figured and it's all due to the Krg Tools!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question