Truck Season Automotive Beauty Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18PP_gno

• Customer Reviews

on December 29, 2014
This is the second (identical) one I've bought, I'll keep buying these.
Cleaver, easy to use, for long sliced string
beans (they taste better, cook more tender, absorb butter better when sliced long ways).

Our family tradition is to serve long sliced string beans every Thanksgiving, it takes a long while to do a big pot, one bean at a time, but the results are always appreciated and worth the time (most efficient way to cut them is with this tool).

Note: it makes a difference which side of the string bean is facing up in the tool, the sides of the tool can remove the hard tough seam in the bean, if you position the bean correctly in the tool when slicing. Discard the tough strand that is removed from the sides.
4 people found this helpful
on March 13, 2016
Love, love, love kitchen gadgets that do what they're supposed to do. I used to spend an eye-straining, tedious and frustrating hour standing in the kitchen and working on a 2 lb bag of green beans trying to carefully line them up while I struggled to make surgically precise slices for my wife's most awesome bean dish.

Never again! Now, I can sit comfortably in my favorite chair and; without even looking, grab a bean - shove it through the spring loaded slicer blades and let'er drop right into the bowl. Takes less than half the time and the multiple slices are more precise than my earlier efforts. We now make a double batch and freeze leftovers.

This is a kitchen gadget that does all that it claims and I highly recommend it for sturdiness and effectiveness. Reduces kitchen drudgery!
2 people found this helpful
on June 27, 2016
I saw someone use a bean slicer for halving vanilla beans in order to extract the seeds . That was it. I had to have one. I have not been one who has successfully achieved this with a knife, often missing that halfway mark, as well as the seeds. I make my own vanilla, using a handful of beans sliced in half, now by means of this great Krisk bean slicer, exposing but not extracting the seeds. They will naturally fall out over time, further enriching the vanilla. I add these beans to a jar (clean jelly type) of bourbon or dark rum. It's ok to cut the halved beans in half by length to stay submerged in the liquid, or so as not to use up all your liquor. Store at room temp away from light for at least 3 weeks. Love the slicer and the vanilla!
on May 14, 2017
Watch Out!!! Those tiny blades are really SHARP!!! Pieces of certain beans will get stuck and have to be extracted. Just be extremely careful when you do this because the cut you receive will hurt pretty bad. This gadget does what I want it to (except for the cut thumb) but it does take an awfully long time. I am glad, however, that I bought it.
on January 1, 2014
If you like french cut green beans, look no further. I had read in someones blog where they had used this tool, and to be honest I was a little skeptical. For the price I couldn't resist to give it a try and have no regrets. Very easy to use and clean. It has stayed sharp and for the most part, except for very few (mostly short) green beans, this has to be one of the greatest little gadgets made.
6 people found this helpful
on April 17, 2018
My parents had one of these when I was a kid in the 1970's. Same design and color. I guess that bean-stringing technology doesn't change! These things last for years. I had my previous one for a good 15 years, but seems to have gotten lost in relocation. Every kitchen needs a bean-stringer!
on March 27, 2018
This is a bean Frencher. Threading a green bean through the opening makes skinny strings out of single beans. I love beans when they're cooked, salted, and served hot, tossed with butter. Everyone will comment, as the measly bean becomes an elegant dish once plated.
|0Comment|Report abuse
Not exactly a speed demon but it works great! Rather relaxing once you get into a rhythm :) I got this at the end of my 'bean season', but am looking forward to next year's crop so I can use this more. The beans I froze using this were much more tender than whole beans, too. Bonus: hubby is much more apt to eat beans when I prepare them frenched.
on April 23, 2016
I was "frenching" green beans by hand when I decided there had to be an easier way! Low and behold there was! This slicer is perfect.
Easy to hold and slice the beans with really no effort. I love the spring loaded bean holder that keep the bean in place until you are done slicing.
I would recommend this product to any one who slices beans regularly.
on September 12, 2016
I don't normally buy ANY "one trick" kitchen appliances, but this little tool breaks the rule! I'm a preserver/canner with the abundance of produce from our organic garden and green beans top the list of things that I am finding an inexpensive way to preserve without compromising taste/texture. I found a "dry salt" method for green beans that promises to keep the same great flavor, color, and texture as if it were picked from the vine, even after 4-6 months BUT they need to be sliced evenly. THIS is where this little gem came in SO handy! I French cut 4 lbs of green beans in about an hours with ease. I hope to post my results in a few months. In the meantime, this little gadget is a keeper!