Kryptonite Evolution 1016 Mini 10mm Chain Bicycle Lock
|Price:||& FREE Shipping. Details & FREE Returns|
|You Save:||$23.38 (21%)|
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||3.15 x 1.18 x 1.18 inches|
|Item Weight||4.4 Kilograms|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- 10mm six-sided chain links made from 3T MANGANESE STEEL
- Patent-pending END LINK DESIGN secures chain to hardened deadbolt eliminating critical vulnerability
- HIGH SECURITY DISC-STYLE CYLINDER is pick and drill resistant
- Patented, reinforced OVAL CROSSBAR LOCK HEAD
- SLIDING DUSTCOVER protects and extends cylinder life
- 3 STAINLESS STEEL KEYS – one LED lighted key with replaceable battery and 2 new, ergonomic ‘I” keys
- Durable WEATHER-RESISTANT nylon sleeve prevents scratches
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
More items to explore
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
- Rated 8/10 on Kryptonite's security scale
- High Security lock
- Eligible for the optional Anti-theft Protection Offer
Evolution 1016 Integrated Chain
- 10mm six-sided chain links made of 3T Manganese Steel
- Chain secures Directly To Hardened Deadbolt - offers no 'weak' link in the chain due to the extensive holding power of the link itself against attacks
- Higher Security Disc-style Cylinder is pick and drill resistant
- 3 Stainless Steel Keys — including new key design and one LED Replaceable Key FOB
- Sliding Dust Cover to protect from dirt and debris
- Weather-resistant Nylon Sleeve prevents scratches to painted finishes; compact coiling for easy carrying
- Length: 5.25' (160cm)
- Weight: 9.70 lbs (4.40 kg's)
Chain Link Size
9.5mm chain links made of 3T manganese steel.
Register your product online to activate the optional Anti-theft Protection Offer. In the unlikely event the product is defeated when used properly Kryptonite will pay out up to a certain value depending on the security value of the product. Visit our official website for further information. T&C’s apply.
Key Safe Program
Register your keys online and Kryptonite will ship your first 2 keys for free, globally, in the event you lose them.
Stainless Steel Keys
2 ergonomic keys with coiled wrist key chains.
10mm six-sided chain links made from 3T MANGANESE STEEL. Patent-pending END LINK DESIGN secures chain to hardened deadbolt eliminating critical vulnerability. HIGH SECURITY DISC-STYLE CYLINDER is pick and drill resistant. Patented, reinforced OVAL CROSSBAR LOCK HEAD. SLIDING DUSTCOVER protects and extends cylinder life. 3 STAINLESS STEEL KEYS – one LED lighted key with replaceable battery and 2 new, ergonomic ‘I” keys. Durable WEATHER-RESISTANT nylon sleeve prevents scratches. Key Safe Program. Product dimensions: 5.25’ (160cm) chain length.Product weight: 9.70 lbs (4.40 kgs).
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Product Dimensions : 3.15 x 1.18 x 1.18 inches; 9.7 Pounds
- Item model number : 000815
- Department : Unisex-adult
- Date First Available : October 12, 2011
- Manufacturer : Kryptonite
- ASIN : B007EW31R6
- Customer Reviews:
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The key locks and unlocks the mechanism readily — no binding or sticking at all. The chain is 63" long. The lock subtracts one inch at each end but itself adds another three inches to the length. So total useable length is about 64". The lock is the fattest part by far and in crosswise section measures about 1 ¾" x 2". If you remove the keyhole dust cover it would be about 1 ½" thick.
Earlier reviews complained about the fabric sheath on the chain. It is now connected securely to the chain at both ends by sturdy rubber boots.
Do know that it is huge and heavy. It's awkward to transport and store while riding. It's a trade-off, though, as if you want a lock like this, you know what you are getting into. If you can't deal with a thick 12lb chain, get a smaller lock.
As far as value, it is indeed just an industrial chain (not unlike the ones you would use to tether a boat or something to a truck as a backup) in a sleeve with a lock attached. So the overall cost seems a bit inflated but it does come with a good warranty, a good protection plan, and it does its job.
This lock is massive, they do make them in shorter lengths and I am thinking I should have went smaller. However, this chain/lock is long enough to go through the frame and both tires and it can get around larger poles or small trees. But having a lock that is 10lb adds significant weight to the bike, but the bike is still there when I get back to it. Trade offs!
Top reviews from other countries
Only downside, the lock is a little fiddly