Kryptonite Evolution Series 4 Standard Heavy Duty Bicycle U Lock Bike Lock (4-Inch x 9-Inch)
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 14mm hardened MAX-PERFORMANCE STEEL SHACKLE resists bolt cutters and leverage attacks
- Patented*, HARDENED OVAL CROSSBAR design is stronger than typical round tube
- Hardened DOUBLE DEADBOLT DESIGN gives additional protection against twist attacks
- HIGH SECURITY DISC-STYLE CYLINDER
- Includes NEW TRANSIT FLEXFRAME-U transportation system which allows for versatile carrying
- Protective vinyl coating
- SLIDING DUSTCOVER protects and extends cylinder life
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Features & Specs:
- Security Rating: 9 out of 12
- Dimensions: 4" x 9" (10.2cm x 22.9cm)
- 14mm hardened MAX-Performance steel shackle resists cutting and leverage attacks
- Double deadbolt locking mechanism for extensive holding power
- New, higher security, disc-style cylinder with more than 1 million key variations
- Reinforced anti-drill/pull cylinder protection system
- Enhanced internal engineering resists twist attacks
- Center key location and dual overhead cam locking mechanism resists leverage attacks
- Sliding dustcover protects and extends cylinder life
- Includes versatile EZ Mount transportation bracket
- 3 keys - one lighted with high intensity bulb & replaceable battery
- Anti-rattle bumpers reduce noise during transport
- Manufacturer's SKU: 999348
- Anti-Theft protection
Kryptonite Evolution Series 4 Standard Bicycle
Kryptonite Evolution 2000 (Series 4) U-Lock. With new oval design and security rating of 9 out of 12, this lock provides great bicycle security for moderate to high crime area.
14mm hardened MAX-PERFORMANCE STEEL SHACKLE resists bolt cutters and leverage attacks. Patented*, HARDENED OVAL CROSSBAR design is stronger than typical round tube. Hardened DOUBLE DEADBOLT DESIGN gives additional protection against twist attacks. HIGH SECURITY DISC-STYLE CYLINDER. Includes NEW TRANSIT FLEXFRAME-U transportation system which allows for versatile carrying. Protective vinyl coating. SLIDING DUSTCOVER protects and extends cylinder life. 3 STAINLESS STEEL KEYS – one lighted with high intensity LED BULB 7 REPLACEABLE BATTERY. Key Safe Program.Product dimensions: 4” x 9” (10.2cm x 22.9cm).
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Registering the keys on Kryptonite's website is easy and free. If you ever lose the keys you can easily have new copies shipped to you.
The anti-theft program is also easy to set up. I purchased three years of protection for $15. If the bike is ever stolen because the locks failed, the entire price of my bicycle will be given to me. The maximum amount of money covered for this particular lock is $2500.
The lock it self is well constructed and well designed. The lock comes with three keys, once of which is lot by an LED. The LED key feels a bit cheap and doesn't always perform very well. The other keys are just fine. The bottom line is that this lock is very difficult to defeat, even with power tools.
What I don't like: It's very heavy (which i'll put up with as this correlates to the security). It is too large to attach to your bike where you typically would attach (where the water bottle is...and you can't have both). I was able to attach to the rear fork on the opposite side of the derailleur. However, the attachment isn't very sturdy. I'm nervous the lock will shift due to the weight.
This is a good lock if you plan on carrying it in a backpack, but if you don't like to carry a backpack then it's not ideal.
It's probably a great lock, but just not practical to attach to your bike. I would go with the slight shorter/smaller version if I were to do it again.
Easy to operate and gives me peace of mind that my bike is safe.
I got an Evolution for normal rides and a New York standard for more risky situations.
Disclaimer: all locks can be broken but I'd say this is a pretty safe bet if you dont live in huge cities. (even then I bet it would give a good thief a long run for his money) I live in a good sized midwest city and have had no problems.