Kryptonite New York Legend Chain & Padlock
|Price:||$133.94 - $674.76|
|Sale:||Lower price available on select options|
- Lock Type: Chain
- Length: 90 cm
- Claimed Weight: 4310 g
- Recommended Use: locking your bike
- Manufacturer Warranty: limited
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Top Customer Reviews
This thing weighs a ton, is huge and looks indestructible. It's actually quite ridiculous looking and I can't imagine anyone in their right mind, not even a crackhead would try and attack this thing. This thing actually destroyed the box it came in. I would NOT recommend this for a bicycle unless you're going to leave the chain in one place and only use it there. For a scooter/motorcycle it's perfect. To actually carry this thing around with you on a bike would be exhausting. I posted a few images showing the size.
That out of the way, it's hard not to be impressed by this thing.
1) The links are gigantic. If you know how big an iPhone is, then you know basically how large ONE link is...yeah, huge. (Links are a couple of mm smaller than iPhone, but you get the idea.)
2) The sleeve is nice and helps keep the bike from being scratched.
3) The lock itself is also quite huge. It's covered with a thick plastic sheath that itself appears to encase a metal sheath. As you can see in the stock pictures, these sheaths extend up to make getting a pry bar in there very difficult. In fact it's almost hard to lock it, but that's a good thing in this case.
4) It's heavy, as noted in other reviews. For me, I've transported it in a backpack which is basically dedicated to holding the Legend. I can't imaging putting it in a backpack with tons of other things, like electronics or your lunch. Those things might get crushed. (I have a pannier on the way that will replace my backpack method.)
5) This goes out to all lock manufacturers: Why can't you make an all-metal key? There's always this disclaimer in the instructions that the keys might break if turned prematurely. But that's because they're made with cheap plastic handles. I paid over a hundred dollars for this Legend: can I please have all-metal keys? Even if it costs an extra, I don't know, $5 bucks I'd be ok with that. (All manufacturers are like this --not going to dock review stars.)
6) This is the shorter model of the two Legends. I find it barely fits through my frame, back wheel and the secure pole.Read more ›
This is definately a huge and heavy lock, but I don't see it as a problem and I use it every single day the sun is out. If you're a skinny lil whimp, you'll probably find yourself complaining carrying this thing around. I still laugh everytime I pick it up and put it over my shoulder, the sound it makes when it rattles is awesome (the links are 1/2" thick steel that way over a pound each!), and I can't believe I'm carrying it around for a bike... it seems like you should be tying a boat down with this thing! But that's the exact reason this lock is so great, it's not going to break! It's gonna take a torch or some heavy duty power tools to break it, and not many bike thieves are packing that kind of heat!
When I recieved this lock from amazon, the box was all busted up and the keys were missing. I called customer support and within like 2 minutes, they had another one on it's way with free 2 day shipping!! I was pretty upset at first, but I was very impressed with how they handled it, so I'm not gonna knock amazon at all for it!Read more ›
I watched YT videos about how it can actually be broken in like 5 mins. but its enough of a deterrent to scare away my neighborhood garage-vandals in San Francisco.
Would not buy this if i left my bike on the street for a long time as it CAN be broken- just a lot harder than a normal bike lock/chain.
Would buy again if i got another bike.
(+) Cylinder has a drill-resistant protection system. $4,500 antitheft protection;
(-) Literally heavier than some bikes.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This is the best freaking lock on the planet it weighs a ton this thing is frightening it looks like it came from Hell nobody and I mean nobody will mess with your bike if you have... Read morePublished 29 days ago by Debra Cox
I bought this one because I got upset my bike got stolen but it's too heavy to be carried around. Go for the New York Kryptonite lock instead .Published 1 month ago by blumet
Some guys really did some work to steal my bike, but, this chain saved the day! I had The Club on the back wheel which they successfully removed, yet, this thing survived with a... Read morePublished 3 months ago by Amazon Customer
Love this lock. So far I still have my stuff. I wish I knew how many times my stuff would have been taken had this lock not been on guard duty!Published 3 months ago by Amazon Customer
The yellow plastic casing is not as robust as it looks, and can easily crack. I tried to buy the same item twice, and both times arrived damaged with yellow plastic debris inside... Read morePublished 11 months ago by S. Lin
This is HEAVY so I just leave it locked to a bike lock outside my YMCA where I bike most frequently so I don't have to carry it.Published 12 months ago by D. Dawson