Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 71 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 83 reviews
on August 30, 2013
I am assuming that if this came with all the parts that the product description described, I would probably love this item. However, even though the description said it came with hoses and plungers and valves, and could be converted to a smaller pool using adapters (which I also purchased), this pump ONLY came with the pump...and a filter. I could not connect this to my 15' pool because I didn't have the hoses that fit the pump that would then connect with the adapters. When I contacted the seller, I was told that I should have gotten the correct replacement pump instead of something else and if I'm not happy, send it back. Well, I'm not happy, the item didn't have everything it described, and on top of that I now have to pay the shipping to return the item. Their customer service is greatly lacking, as is their product description. I would not recommend buying from this seller to anyone, and I certainly won't make that mistake again myself.
on June 15, 2017
Works great for my 16×48 above ground colmen pool. Better then the pump it came with.
on July 28, 2010
As I live in Louisiana, the weather tends to be unpredictable, very hot (generally 100 degrees daily), humid, and it rains a lot. Our 48" x 16' Intex pool is under many older tall oak and palm trees along with tropical plants planted around it. I wanted to get a pump that was more powerful with more GPH pressure. The original pump, that being a 1000GPH pump wasn't sending debris, i.e. dirt, leaves, etc. into the skimmer moreover the mess would end up on the bottom of the pool. We would have to vacuum it daily; this begin to become bothersome.

We have the Intex Saltwater System (very impressed with this product as well) and we never have any issues with chemical levels! The pump fit all the pool hoses that came with the pool back in 2008. The intake hose (hose from the skimmer to the pump) has an inside piece which I removed (small white little fitting), once removing the little inside hose piece, it fit onto this pump snugly. I placed a clamp around it to insure no water would leak. I had no problems with the hose connecting to the Salt Water System- it screwed perfectly into place and took less than 15 minutes to do!

As we have been having tropical storm like weather this past week (high winds, large amounts of rainfall, etc.), I am very impressed with this new 1500GPH pump and the ability it has to get all the leaves and dirt to the skimmer before settling down to the bottom of the pool. Since the weather has been severe, no one has been in the pool for a week and it looks cleaner than I have ever seen it. The pump does have a timer on it but we keep this pump on 24 hours per day and the Salt Water System for 8 hours in the early morning (from 2am-10am). All pool levels are correct, never a algae problem and very simple to maintain.

We have had the pump for two weeks and I just changed out the filter last night. When using the 1000GPH pump, I was changing the filter out daily! This new pump is well worth the price and I suggest anyone whom may be interested in it purchase it now!!
on May 25, 2014
this pool pump plus timer was a great purchase. the original pump that came with the intex pool couldnt keep our pool clean so we did research on something with a timer on it that was more powerful, this not only kept our pool clean but made our lives alot easier because we set the timer and the pump did its thing i had it for 3 yrs i actually sold the pool along with the pump because i bought a home with a built inn. this was worth the money because we live in florida and we swim almost all yr round
on February 16, 2011
Had an Intex 1000GPH whose impeller went bad after 2 months but with no receipt, no warranty. Bought this as an upgrade for better function. Of course, different pump, so the connections don't fit. Buy the accompanying hoses, but for whatever reason Intex doesn't put inline valves on their pumps so you can change/clean the filter without having to pick th epump up above the waterline. Buy the hose adaptors to install shutoff valves. Finally get the pump installed a month or two later and I'm pretty sure they sold me a remanufactured unit. It's as loud as my old pump when the impeller broke and it doesn't flow nearly as much water as the 1000GPH it replaced. Don't get me wrong, it does technically work, but if it's flowing 1500GPH then my old pump must've been a 2500GPH. Tried contacting the seller twice with no response.
on July 25, 2010
I like this pump better than the original, it has a timer so it does not have to
run all of the time. I wounder if they have changed the propelor, that is what broke in our first pump, and in reading the reviews thats what broke in every pump.

It is plastic, and water and chemicals take a toll on it. It would be good if they
came up with a longer lasting material, well good for us who buy the pools, not so good for them as they pretty much have a guarentee sale of a replacement pump.

we used our old hoses and it fit purfect, I had read some people had problems with the hoses and attachments. I vote if they can't change the propelor, someone needs to manufacture them. It would be so much cheaper to keep the pool going. Probably something like aluminum covered with plastic..
on July 24, 2014
I think all the inter pumps I've had are basically the same; however, the addition of the timer is a must! I never have to think about my pool. One a week I put chemicals in a floating device and change the filter. The rest of the time, I just enjoy the pool. The timer goes once a day for my pool it runs 2 hours. Perfect little pump!
on August 12, 2013
I ordred this pump to replace the one that came with the pool. The ground plug housing broke into pieces on the original pump. The new pump came in ahead of schedule. It was identical to the original, but I find this one to have a better filter cap that screws off and on much easier than the old one. This pump is a bit noised than the last one, but I have had it going now for a month with no issues.
on August 9, 2010
Bought this as a replacement for the included pump with my 5 year old intex 18' x 52" round pool.
This replacement is great! It has a timer, which the old one didn't have. It doesn't have the screen filter at the end of the inlet hose, which the old one had. The filter filled up w/ debris so fast that the suction is way down after a couple of hours of filtering. Now the pump runs for several days before I have to clean the paper filter. Not having the screen also eliminates having to disconnect the inlet hose from the pump, a major pain.
on February 16, 2014
I have had this now for 2 years and it pumps salt water in my pool.. It moves a massive amount of water easy to hook up and has a handy timer. The timer will turn the pump on at the same time each day as long as you leave it plugged in. My salt chlorine generator has never shut down due to low flow now that i have this baby.