Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Josh Ritter Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 35 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 37 reviews
on January 19, 2015
I think it is common knowledge by now that although certain fats make food taste good, healthful eating demands that we do what we can to reduce fat in our diets as much as possible. This fat separator is a valuable kitchen tool to do just that - remove all or most of the fat that not only is unhealthy, but eliminates the greasiness in stews and home made soups. The quality is first rate but since it's made in Germany, what else would you expect!
on January 10, 2014
My boyfriend is so picky. Hates gifts. Has everything and anything already so nothing pleases him. However he likes to cook, make his own gravy all the time. He complained bitterly once about the cheap plastic gravy separators so I got him this one for Christmas. It was the FIRST time he EVER looked impressed with something and put it right inside the cupboard that very Christmas evening. A total success, in my book. The glass looks expertly made, but thin, so I am a little worried about a fall from the cupboard smashing it immediately. Lets hope that doesn't happen. This item is made in Germany and really has nice packaging, arrived quickly. It would have been a 5-star except for the thin appearance of the glass.
on December 16, 2015
Works ok. Dribbles. Thought it would be thicker glass. Every time I use it I have to be careful because it's so thin and fragile. If I had known how thin it was I would not have purchased it. The penny taped to the side in the photo give you a reference to how thin it is.
review image
on January 18, 2014
I chose this item because I wanted a glass gravy separator that wouldn't melt. The size is perfect, the strainer genius however the glass a bit too thin. I find that I am very careful not to knock it around, after every use I carefully wrap this item back in it's original packing to keep it from breaking. When it does break I will replace with a different product. I have been spoiled by the heavy duty American made Pyrex glass products..
on September 10, 2015
The first one was broken in shipment. A replacement was delivered the next day. Great customer service. The strainer itself is fragile. I was expecting it to be more robust. This is not something that will take a hit from any thing so be careful when using. As far as the function, it does work. It would be wonderful if it was made of a lot thicker glass.
on March 4, 2015
Appeared to be good basic quality and design but it reached me with a tiny chip on the end of the spout - it appears not to have been properly checked at the factory\. I won't buy another K product.
on April 5, 2015
This is a great separator. I love the fact that is it glass and stainless, so hot fluids won;t get a funky plastic flavor. It's easy to use, easy to clean, and a nice addition to the kitchen tool box. It's also on the large side, so you can quite a bit of stock at a time. If you are looking for an upgraded separator, this is a good one to consider.
on January 12, 2014
We often make soup and our preference is to use a glass separator. When we used plastic separators, eventually the grease build up (even going through the dishwasher) clouded the container and it just didn't seem clean.

This purchase was for our daughter, who also enjoys cooking, and has broken her glass separator while moving!

We think once you use a glass separator for gravy or soup making, you will prefer it too.
on January 14, 2013
We washed it for the first time, before use, and the pour spout broke right off. The glass is extremely thin and not worth the price. Looks like we are sticking with the five dollar plastic ones that become cloudy after a couple of uses.
on May 15, 2015
Received this today. It arrived packed so carefully and safely that it took me 15 min. to unpack. The glass is rather thin but that isn't always an indication that's it's fragile. I will update if that changes after using it. The stainless steel top is heavy and sturdy. Over all I like the look.