Beauty Oprah's Book Club STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 35 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 40 reviews
on November 20, 2012
This product has more than met my expectations. I chop a lot of vegetables on a daily basis.
The Japanese blade is sharp and just what I needed to efficiently cut through carrots and potatoes. Little effort is needed to slice through just about anything, which saves on prepping time. As another reviewer mentioned, most items cut like butter when using this knife. I have found that every so often vegetables may stick to the knife, but not in large quantities. I would say it is mostly non-stick, but in my case, it hasn't been too much of an issue. It really varies on what you're chopping.

The handle fits my wife's hands perfectly, though for myself, I do wish it was larger. The blade is thin, but I have used it for cutting through sweet potatoes just fine. The sheath was a brilliant addition.

Though the knife feels lightweight, I have found it to be durable. The product is also very easy to clean. After purchasing countless knives, I have finally found one I am pleased with. The size is perfect. It isn't too large or too small. Also, The black on black looks better in person than the picture.

Overall, I would recommend this product to anyone who would like to make chopping a breeze. It has a good feel to it. Great product.. Just what I needed.
on February 20, 2010
I purchased a Kuhn Rikon paring knife about three years ago, and was immediately impressed by it's ease of cutting and the blade's ability to hold a sharp edge. Superior to more pricey knives that get dull, quickly, I bought two more Kuhn paring knives to stick in the picnic basket, and to take on trips, for cutting that apple in the car. (I even gave some to friends as gifts.) Having recently relocated, and being settled, temporarily, I needed a handy, all-purpose, inexpensive, vegetable knife to fill in, during the transition. The Santoku Knife Colori from Kuhn Rikon, at the price, caught my eye. Once again, I have not been disappointed: the Santoku works great on preparing salads, etc., and even slicing onions won't stick to the blade. The coating and the holes are well-designed and effective. I have a small hand, so the small, light handle was not a major problem. However, if you grip the heel of the blade between the thumb and first finger, you quickly forget that the handle is even there, held by your last three fingers.
on January 31, 2014
3 stars = "it's o.k." Well, maybe, but just barely. Yes, it's a wonder when it's new--maybe even the 1st 2 or 3 wks. However, after that, the impressive edge is gone, and like virginity, never to return. It's possible to freshen it up a bit with a ceramic, block-style sharpener, which is not only a time-consuming process, but also removes the nonstick stuff. For myself, I prefer to invest in better knives and know that 30 seconds with the steel is going to give me the edge I want for many years to come.
on September 12, 2012
This knife is fine for my needs and although in the past I have purchased high end cutlery I am finding that some of these less expensive knives are quite satisfactory. Between getting the expensive ones sharpened and having them wear out sooner that I would like, I am getting comfortable with knives of this kind. The Bird's beak knife I got from this group, however, has a sharp notch on the lower end of the blade that has given me some trouble, as it seems to be in a position to cut me when paring garlic (which I do quite a bit of) and I'm not sure why it was designed this way. Any thoughts on this???
on January 27, 2013
Fairly lightweight but very sharp. Seem to hold edge fairly well, but am always careful with knives (always on wood/poly cutting boards). Bit more flex in blade than expected from Santoku style, but still acceptable.
on December 12, 2012
This knife arrived very sharp (many months ago) but (at least compared to my good Wusthof knives) it lost it's sharpness very quickly. However, I have just sharpened it again like I do my better knives and that seems to bring it back to life. I have a few different sizes of these and it works well to pack them when we stay at vacation condos that always seem to have very dull knives. I do like the size of this Santoku knife and how it fits in my hand for chopping vegetables.
on October 5, 2011
A friend of mine gave me one as a gift and when I started using it, I decided to buy a set. I now have the Santoku knife, a bread knife a chef's knife and a paring knife. I plan to get more paring knives (they are a perfect size for a steak knife). These knives will go through almost anything. I was able to trim chicken breast in less than half the time I could with another knife. Watermelons cut like butter. I recommend any Kuhn Rikon knife for your kitchen.
on November 13, 2010
Received the knife promptly. Incredibly sharp, washes up easily, the knife holder is great for safely storing the knife and protecting the blade. The handle has a good safe feel. A very good knife
Follow-up Have used this knife daily since receiving it. Stays very sharp and is my knife of choice now. It has replaced my more expensive knives that are heavier and thicker. Will purchase another.
on January 22, 2013
I like this knife. The blade is sharpe and t does not hold food once it is cut through. O like the cover. I gave one to my sister for Christmas. She has a very small kitchen with no plae for a knife block or knife draw insert. The cover will protect the blade from being dulled while in the kitced draw. My only coplaint is that they do not have a 8 or 9 inch knife.
on December 24, 2012
We love to cook, and prefer condos over hotels when we vacation. But, so often, the knives in condo kitchens leave much to be desired. We take this one with us and we're set for almost any task. The santoku is versatile enough for chopping, slicing, and even carving. This one seems to be keeping its edge. Tough to beat for the price.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.