Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Listen for a chance to win PCB for Musical Instruments $54.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Last Minute Gifts Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon life life life  All-new Echo Save $10 on Fire 7. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

on April 5, 2017
Absolutely love this item! If you have little ones eager to be self sufficient when at the dinner table, this is perfect. Our 2 1/2 year old cuts their own fruits and veggies and makes their own sandwhiches as well with this product. We really appreciate the fact that the handle is structured in such a way that it helps the child in proper handling and technique for cutting. Much better quality than the plastic ones so prevalent in the market these days.
on January 24, 2012
Gave this to our nephews for Christmas (they are 3, 4, and 6 years old), and the six-year-old told us the next day that he had already used it "all the time." :) Funny, since it had only been one day. When we see him again in a couple of weeks, we'll ask him if he still likes it. The knives are super-cute and perfectly kid-sized, and I'm not aware of any problems... I'll check in with their parents on that. They are Swiss-designed, and having spent a month in Germany last year, I tend to have confidence in designs that come from that part of the world. :) So four stars for now, until I check in with the family again.

March 2012 Update: Five stars now, since I asked the six-year-old in February how he liked his "little dog knife," and if he uses it. He says he still loves and uses it all the time. I asked how his four-year-old brother's knife is holding up, and he said "good, but he pulled the tail off." So they still love their knives, and they've held up well, though the rubbery tail can apparently be pulled off. That's too bad because they're so cute with their flexible little tails.
on October 26, 2017
Great quality knife but it's blade is too short to cut most things without an adult first cutting it into smaller pieces. This frustrates my 4 year old who was so excited to graduate to a sharper knife after using those scalloped plastic/nylon ones for years. He can't cut a pear because the blade is too short. We're going to see if we can find a similar knife with a longer blade instead.
on April 8, 2015
I bought this knife for my daughter last year when she turned 3. She loves to help out in the kitchen, and this allowed her to take another step toward helping with meal prep as well as cutting her own food at the table. In the kitchen she chops vegetables for soups and other dishes. Carrots and potatoes are her favorites to cut. She has even managed to cut very thin carrot slices with it. She's never had any kind of injury from this knife. The blade is made such that it would be pretty difficult to cut skin, but I wondered if it would slip off of a carrot and cause a blunt injury of some kind. Hasn't happened. She's able to cut all kinds of raw and cooked vegetables, as well as cooked meats, though this takes a little more effort and does not produce a clean cut. The knife has held up well over the last year's worth of washings in the dishwasher and still looks like new. It seems very well made and my daughter loves it. I highly recommend this for children who are ready to start learning knife skills.
on August 22, 2011
I bought this knife for a 7 year old girl and 9 year old boy. Its wonderful, it fits in a little hand and although it cuts very well its not sharp to the touch...i have no idea why but don't care since its the safest way for the little ones to help in the kitchen. great product.
on October 16, 2016
Kinderkitchen Duck snippers are a nice, safe pair of easy to use scissors for kids. The snippers have rounded tips and the safety lock is the duck's beak. I am left handed and they work fine for me. They are light weight and spring loaded, making them easy to operate. Their blades are not as long as utility scissors but the cutting surface is sharp requiring adult supervision. I'm working on a way to keep the safety lock duck's beak close to the scissors without being in the way when using the scissors. These were bought for a gift to grand kids.
on December 18, 2014
I am so pleasead with this knife. I have a 6 year old budding chef and this knife is very easy for her to use. I was worried about the sharpness but it is almost a "dull" serrated knife so that even if you rub your fingers aginst the blade you wont get cut, and it actually does cut through fruits and vegetables. I would not use this for peeling at all, and you do have to make srue that you precut the pieces for your child. The blade is much smaller than I had anticipated - think of a small paring knife, just a few inches, and it is difficult for her to say, quarter a potato. I have to cut a potato into long strips for her to dice. It is a great first knife for a child and so adorable. It makes them feel so grown up and it really does help cut down on your prep work!
on March 31, 2014
I first saw this little knife at a local business that focuses on children and cooking. The preschoolers were so excited by the "puppy knife" and having the opportunity to cut up fruit for their project. I was skeptical that the knife could both cut foods AND be safe for the children, but amazingly--it is. Being able to refer to the eyes and nose helps the children orient themselves to the cutting edge, and the orange ears help them place their fingers properly. I promptly ordered one for our house and my four-year-old simply loves 'helping' Mommy with meal preparation. Her specialty is chopping fruits and veggies. Added bonus: when little ones help prepare the food, they are more likely to eat it because they are somewhat invested in it. I've gotten them to eat lots of new things simply by involving them in the process. ;)
on May 4, 2017
My daughter loves to help out in the kitchen with this! Perfect for cutting veggies and not fingers!
on July 21, 2016
This is a really great kid knife! Our son is 2.5yrs old and uses it all the time. The handle is a great size and helps them have better control so they learn safe technique. He can even cut raw carrot with it! The blade almost reminds me of a wider version of one of those pumpkin carving knives, so it can cut some hearty stuff while being near impossible to cause injury. Great knife to learn with. Very good quality. Highly recommend!