Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ $3.59 shipping
Kuhn Rikon Original Small Santoku Knife Colori 5-Inch Blade, Black
|Price:||$16.00 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Blade is made of high carbon Japanese steel
- Nonstick coating ensures food will release easily from blades
- Matching sheath helps keep blade sharp
- Holes and bumps in blade help release food
- The go-to knife for jobs that require precision cutting
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Compare to Similar Items
This item: Kuhn Rikon Original Small Santoku Knife Colori 5-Inch Blade, Black
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Blade Material||Stainless Steel||Carbon||Stainless Steel||Stainless steel|
|Dimensions||2 inches x 10.5 inches x 0.5 inches||0.5 inches x 5 inches x 1.25 inches||2.25 inches x 11.5 inches x 0.75 inches||1 inches x 8.5 inches x 0.5 inches|
|Item Package Weight||0.35 pounds||0.25 pounds||0.35 pounds||0.45 pounds|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
Top Customer Reviews
- Great blade steel: easy to sharpen, holds an edge. I have actually sharpened mine to the 14 degrees used on my Wusthof's and it is great. Nothing wrong with the edge they come with though.
-The holes in the bade seem to help release foods well, I think this has as much to do with the small ring protrusion around the hole as with the holes themselves.
- Very easy to wash, the coating on the blade doesn't let anything stick.
- Coating is durable and fun.
- It comes with it's own sheath
- Kuhn Rikon is a quality brand for a variety of kitchen appliances
- The handle is fairly primitive and smooth so it gets slick when wet.
- It is a right handed knife. Not to the point that a lefty couldn't use it, but it is still worth noting. What makes it a right handed knife is that fact that the holes in the blade are not simply punched holes: they have a small 3D aspect and look like tiny volcanoes on the right side of the blade. This helps to reduce sliced objects from clinging to the blade, but it used by a lefty it could make it hard to cut straight.
This is a great knife because it work both as knives put out on a cheese plate and as a workhorse in your kitchen. My girlfriend is kind of rough on knives and I like having a quality knife that I don't cry over when she scrapes a cutting board or bends the tip.
It is VERY sharp. Handle is sturdy. Food slides right off. Since this has to go in a drawer, I love the sheath so I know my hand will not get cut. Look craefully when you order such a knife because many of the chef's knives in this size are not dishwasher safe - I bought this one mainly beauce it IS dishwasher safe, and it has the sheath.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
These knives are very, very sharp so be careful with them and don't let the kids use them. Like a long razor blade with a handle.Published 1 day ago by Timothy Michelfelder
These are GREAT knives. They hold an edge for a long time and can be resharpened. I've junked all of my expensive knives which held an edge for about two days and were generally... Read morePublished 24 days ago by Goosechaser
Wow! This is now the first knife I reach for... Even sharper than my Henkel set.Published 5 months ago by laura a.
Razor sharp straight out of the box and does retain its sharpness over a period of time. Handling feels a bit rigid and awkward but it is to be expected from a knife with this... Read morePublished 10 months ago by asdjfk
I got a red one before (for cutting fruits at work) and liked it so much I got this green one too, for home.Published 12 months ago by Rhino