Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ $6.75 shipping
Kuhn Rikon Silicone Rainbow Whisk, 10-Inch
|Price:||$17.50 & FREE Shipping on orders over $25. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Multi-color nonstick silicone wires
- Stainless handle with loop for hanging
- Performs at high heat with protecting your nonstick pan
- Dishwasher safe
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare to similar items
This item Kuhn Rikon Silicone Rainbow Whisk, 10-Inch
OXO Good Grips 11-Inch Silicone Balloon Whisk
Cuisipro 10-Inch Silicone Egg Whisk, Frosted
Kuhn Rikon Silicone Butterfly Whisk 10-Inch
Kuhn Rikon 10-Inch Silicone Tornado Whisk with Stainless Handle
2PC Rainbow Whisk Set
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Electronics Warehouse Outlet||Avalanche Brands|
|Color||multi/none||Red||Frosted||Multicolor||Multicolor||Orange, Red, Blue, Pink, Green,|
This is not your grandmother's whisk. Kuhn Rikon has reinvented the classic balloon whisk - an all-purpose whisk every kitchen should have - in colorful nonstick silicone. Euro line Your kids (and the kid in you) will love the colors. Your adult will love that it's nonstick, too. 10-inch size for whipping cream and egg whites.
Top customer reviews
It is the perfect size for just about everything. With my larger whisks, things tend to splash out from small to medium bowls and saucepans. This handles just about any size from a cup to a gallon.
The other whisks tend to just take up space. This is the whisk that gets used most of the time in my kitchen. I am very pleased with its purchase.
- The size (I got the 10"), and this is entirely my fault, since it's stated quite clearly. But it's just too big to be used conveniently. Because the business end spans such a great length, you basically only get the very tip into whatever you're whisking (unless you're whisking a large volume in a deep bowl or pot). You also can't angle it to get more material through the whisk quite like you can a smaller one. Perhaps someone with a big family who cooks bigger batches of food would find it more useful.
- The silicone, which I thought I would love, turns out to cause a bit of resistance on the surface of some dishes, so you don't get a smooth whisking feel. This is just slightly irritating. Not sure if I would care if the size weren't an issue as well.
- One use where the size would actually be perfect would be for my mashed potatoes. I mash first, then whip with a whisk (method courtesy of a "Food Wishes" video). However the silicone does not stand up to stiffer foods. The wimpy spokes just bend as I try to move them through the potatoes. I guess I imagined this being a silicone-coated metal whisk, not just softy bendy strips of silicone.
On the bright side, it's beautiful, and appears to be of good quality. There is a very tight seal where the spokes come out of the handle, and I don't fear food getting into the handle.
If you really want a 10" whisk (hold up an 8.5x11" piece of paper and picture it being almost that long), plan to use it only in sauces and not solids, and don't think you'll mind the "stickiness" of the silicone, then I would recommend it. I cook and bake quite a bit, but I just haven't found any instances where it was pleasant to use. It sits in the drawer looking beautiful, while I continually choose the little metal whisk attachment from my hand-held mixer.