- ⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️ LIMITED TIME DEAL ⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️ ‼️➡️ Kuma Loyalty: Buy Any 2 Kuma Products between Honing Rod and Chef Knife 3Cr13 Version, Get 10% Off Entire Order! Perfect for a gift or extra product. ⬅️‼️ Enter code 10KUMA10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- ⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️ LIMITED TIME DEAL ⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️ ‼️➡️ Kuma Loyalty : Buy Any 3 Kuma Products between Honing Rod and Chef Knife 3Cr13 Version, Get 12% Off Entire Order! Perfect for a gift or extra products. ⬅️‼️ Enter code 12KUMA12 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- ⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️ LIMITED POWER DEAL ⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️ ‼️➡️ Buy 4 Kuma Products of Honing Rod and Chef Knife 3Cr13 Version, Get 25％ OFF Entire Order ⬅️‼️ Perfect for a gift or extra products.⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️ Enter code 25KUMA25 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- Clip this coupon to save $2.00 on this product when you buy from Amazon.com. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Kuma Chef Knife Multi Purpose - RAZOR SHARP OUT OF THE BOX - Best 8 Inch Chef's Knife for Carving, Slicing & Chopping - Great Ergonomic Handle - Professional Cooking Kitchen Knives - CUTS LIKE A DREAM
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $5.99. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
$2.00 extra savings coupon applied at checkout.
Sorry. You are not eligible for this coupon.
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- ✔ RAZOR SHARP OUT OF THE BOX - Here is your new kitchen knife with cutting edge sharpness and precision. Slice your meat and vegetables as thin as you like.
- ✔ VERSATILE AND CUTS LIKE A DREAM - We created the perfect multi purpose cooking knife for YOU. Enjoy delicately slicing and chopping vegetables, carving meat, or even cutting through thin bone. A truly versatile experience.
- ✔ JAPANESE INSPIRED PROFILE - Your cooking should be a breeze. Combining lightweight materials, a smooth ergonomic handle, and an elegant Japanese inspired profile design, you will love the control and comfort offered by the Kuma Chef’s Knife.
- ✔ EASIEST STEEL TO SHARPEN - Our 3Cr13 stainless steel blade is soft yet durable, making it some of the easiest steel to sharpen. It handles corrosion well and resists various acids in daily use. During production the metal is tempered with careful timing to produce a fine balance between toughness and sharpness retention.
- ✔ RISK FREE: BEST KNIFE FOR YOUR MONEY - A truly amazing knife should be attainable for everyone. Our 3Cr13 steel is a key material that allows us to create high quality knives that are affordable to all households. Go activate your exclusive Kuma Lifetime Limited Warranty for maximum coverage and enjoy a 30-day 100% Money-Back Guarantee! Kuma recommends to wash all knives by hand with a soapy cloth and dry immediately after (dishwashers may harm steel cutlery over time).
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Working as a small family business, we have our finger on the pulse constantly. We absolutely love the blessing of working together and having the freedom and focus to interact on a personal level with our many wonderful customers. The experiences gained from 1-to-1 interactions with YOU are thoughtfully translated into the products we create for YOU.
In short, Kuma strives to create the piece of kitchen cutlery that everyone loves to use. And that is what the Kuma Experience means to us.
Creating High Quality Kitchen Knives For Everyone
Enter The Kuma Experience
The Kuma Chef’s Knife comes razor sharp out of the box. Designed using lightweight materials and design techniques inspired by ancient Japanese craftsmanship, this knife has a deep focus on comfort and seamlessness. It is truly a versatile multi-purpose chef’s knife that handles your cutting jobs with ease. The Kuma Chef’s intends to make quality cutlery available for everyone.
This Kuma Chef's Knife is SOLD EXCLUSIVELY by Kuma Knives. Purchases through Kuma or Kuma Knives assure you that your product is Authentic.
★Buy With Confidence★
Because You Deserve A Slice of
Enter The Kuma Experience
A Razor Sharp Experience
Introducing Your New Elegant Kuma Chef's Knife!
A Kuma For You
Kuma is a small family run kitchen knife company with a passion for cooking, cutlery, and craftsmanship. The Kuma company was born out of a desire to create high quality kitchen knives that combine razor-sharp performance with high-comfort maneuverability all packaged in a beautiful aesthetic design.
Compare with similar items
Bydamo Professional Chef Knife (7.5 Inch) Slicing Knife Kitchen | Chefs Knife Stainless Steel | Ergonomic Balance, Ultra-Sharp Blade | Sous, Carving,Chopping Knife, Cooking Knife
Kuma Japanese Damascus Kitchen Knife - PREMIUM JAPAN VG10 STEEL - Razor Sharp 8" Cooking Knife for Carving, Slicing & Chopping - FINE MICARTA HANDLE - Pro Multi Purpose Chef Knives - W. Guard
Enso HD Hammered Damascus 5.5-inch Prep Knife
DALSTRONG Chef's Knife - Shogun Series X Gyuto - Japanese AUS-10V - Vacuum Treated - Hammered Finish - 8" - w/ Guard
Yaxell Mon 8-inch Chef's Knife
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Kuma Knives||Bydamo||Kuma Knives||Cutlery and More||Dalstrong Inc.||Cutlery and More|
|Blade Material||Stainless steel||stainless steel, carbon||Stainless steel||37-layers VG10 Hammered Damascus. Made in Japan.||Hand-Hammered,Hand-Crafted AUS-10V 67 Layers||3-layer Japanese VG10 Superior Stainless Steel|
|Color||Black & Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Black & Steel||37-layers VG10 Hammered Damascus Stainless Steel, Triple Rivet Black Micarta Handle, 61 Rockwell Hardness. Made in Seki, Japan.||Black G10 handle, nitrogen cooled AUS-10V w/vacuum heat treatment, damascus 66-layers, Honbazuke sharpening, full tang, premium packaging, lifetime warranty, Dalstrong support.||Stainless Steel Blade with Black Micarta Handle|
|Item Weight||4.94 ounces||0.73 lb||—||4.62 ounces||0.6 lb||—|
|Material Type||Stainless Steel||—||Premium Japanese VG-10 Damascus||37-layers VG10 Hammered Damascus Stainless Steel. Triple Rivet Black Micarta Handle. Made in Japan.||Heat and Nitrogen Cooled AUS-10V to 61-62 Rockwell||Stainless Steel Blade & Linen Canvas Micarta Handle|
|Size||8 Inch Blade||12,5 inches||8" Blade||5.5-inch Blade||8" Blade, 8" Included Guard||8-inch|
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The knife is well-made and finished extremely well. It features a full tang and a generous bolster. There are no gaps between the handle scales and the steel. The handle is ergonomically shaped and very smooth, with no hint of a burr between the scales and steel. Its a fairly light knife, but the balance is excellent. You can put a finger just behind the bolster and the knife will rest there easily.
This blade rings when you tap it with your finger. That indicates good heat-treatment. It's clearly not as hard as some of my (much) more expensive knives, but it doesn't give off a dull thud like a cheap, soft stamped-steel knife.
I have read that the blade is stamped, but I've never seen a stamped blade with an integral bolster like this one. I have to think it is a forging. There are even some slight imperfections in the surfaces of the blade and bolster that are indicative of forging, not stamping.
The grind and profile of the blade are very good, though not perfect. And I really don't want machine-made perfection, I like to know that a skilled craftsman had a hand in making the product.
The blade was really sharp as delivered, with a few places along the edge that were rolled as if the knife made contact with other blades during the packaging process or somewhere along the line. It cut well enough out of the box, but a few strokes on a ceramic rod straightened the edge and it could cut newsprint.
My only complaint is that the bolster extends beyond the edge of the blade at the heel by .5 to 1 mm. This leaves several millimeters of blade edge that don't cut. I'm no chef, and perhaps this is purposeful design, but I'm used to knives where the entire length of the blade will make contact with your cutting board.
I would highly recommend this knife. At this price point, for daily use in a home kitchen, I can't see how you would go wrong.
Weight is the only thing I would mention. I like a light 8", and this is not super light but it is light. If you want a big hunk of steel then this is probably not your first choice. Also if you have really big hands this may bot feel great. I'm a guy and my hands are pretty square, big palms not really long fingers. For gloves Med. fits my palm but small fits my fingers. So with that embarrassing detail laid out this knife fits well and is on the small side of a perfect fit. So if you have big hands the handle may feel too small.
But if you are serious you are pinching the blade and the handle is not that important so...
One other thing is that this knife profile is more "Japanese" than "european". You can rock it and such but it's a bit less curved in the blade than European chefs knives and more of the triangular Japanese profile. It doesn't bother me but YMMV.
The short version is your getting an asian profile chefs knife for $20 or so that you could easily pay $50 - $100 for and not be disappointed.
Most recent customer reviews
Good finish on the handle too.
Handle is smaller than German knives and very comfortable.
Recommend this knife for its value for the price!