Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis hots Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 48 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 55 reviews
on August 14, 2014
I have purchased several of these octagonal Kimihimo looms -- for me and as gifts. I do a lot of Kumihimo and this is my favorite loom shape. When I am using 16 strands, it is immediately obvious if I've made a mistake which is very helpful. The loom itself is simple and sturdy. I recently gave one to my friend who taught me Kumihimo and she a agrees with me; it is now her favorite loom. Don't bother with the mini looms. Your bobbins are too easily tangled. I use this loom and place a rubber band on the edge when I set it aside. I rarely have a problem with my threads coming out of the slots, even when I toss my project into my purse.
on August 18, 2013
I just started doing kumihimo. I foolishly thought making my own disk would be a good way to save money. I was wrong!!! Cutting foam is a pain the rear and the marker I used to mark out the dimensions bled all over my cord. Thankfully it was cheap cord I got to experiment with. I'm so glad I came to my senses and ordered this! It's just right, easy to hold and work with, lightweight but sturdy. It arrived quickly, and the seller is very nice and responsive to questions and queries. Even gave me some advice of where to look for how to videos!! Awesome service and quality. :-)
on October 16, 2014
I put in a review previously stating the product was a little dented, well it's a foam disc, and it was due to Amazon packing practices. Well Bob James from Primitive Originals read the review and sent another disc. Which was packed properly. I give them Five stars for great customer service! Thanks, Bob.
on September 12, 2014
Perfect. I love the foam material because it can even hold thin cord.
on December 12, 2016
I purchsed this item out of curiosity as I do a lot of paracord crafting, The foam takes a bit of work before it accepts heavier cords. Also it would be very useful if this came with at least a basic diagram of how to do a simple braid.
on June 23, 2013
This is the only loom I use to teach kumihimo. The points on the loom make it easier for the new braider to remember
where they are and to keep the braiding straight. Holds up well...I've used mine for over 2 years and it still does a great job.
on March 2, 2014
Primitive originals is the go-to source for kumihimo supplies. I have directed several beginners to this handy source where they can find hand-held looms and nifty foldable bobbins. All my dealings with this seller have been easy and pleasant. This loom is a slightly different shape, but promises to become another familiar favorite.
on September 15, 2013
Simple to use, nice clear directions for starting off methods on the back side. I've been weaving yards and yards of cord of various sizes on this, it's still in great shape. Recommended.
on May 14, 2014
If you are looking for a thick foam board to do Kumihimo on than this is the thing for you. It holds everything smoothly and makes the loom work simple.
on August 6, 2016
I fractured my foot and had to keep it iced and elevated for weeks. This loom kept me busy and sane, and I've made friendship bracelets for a lot of people!!