Similar authors to follow
Manage your follows
About Kunal Chowdhury
Kunal Chowdhury is an author, passionate blogger on www.kunal-chowdhury.com and a software engineer (Project Lead) by profession. He has been a Microsoft MVP (Most Valuable Professional) since 2010 to 2018 and a former Nokia Developer Champion. Over the years, he has acquired profound knowledge on various Microsoft products/services and helped developers and consumers throughout the world with his deep knowledge and experience.
As a technical buff, Kunal has in-depth knowledge of OOPs, C#, XAML, .NET, WPF, Visual Studio, Windows 10 and Microsoft Azure. He is also proficient in entire Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Scrum methodology. He has written many articles, tips & tricks on his technical blog (www.kunal-chowdhury.com) for developers and consumers.
You can contact Kunal on Twitter at @kunaldchowdhury and become a part of his major fans on social media channels for the updates that he shares over there.
Kunal Chowdhury has authored the following books:
1) Mastering Visual Studio 2017
2) Windows Presentation Foundation Development Cookbook
3) Mastering Visual Studio 2019
Customers Also Bought Items By
Titles By Kunal Chowdhury
Gain comprehensive insight into WPF mechanics and capabilities.
- Gain a strong foundation in WPF features and patterns
- Leverage the MVVM pattern to build decoupled, maintainable apps
- Increase efficiency through Performance tuning and UI automation
Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) is Microsoft's development tool for building rich Windows client user experiences that incorporate UIs, media, and documents. With the updates in .NET 4.7, Visual Studio 2017, C# 7, and .NET Standard 2.0, WPF has taken giant strides and is now easier than ever for developers to use.
If you want to get an in-depth view of WPF mechanics and capabilities, then this book is for you.
The book begins by teaching you about the fundamentals of WPF and then quickly shows you the standard controls and the layout options. It teaches you about data bindings and how to utilize resources and the MVVM pattern to maintain a clean and reusable structure in your code. After this, you will explore the animation capabilities of WPF and see how they integrate with other mechanisms. Towards the end of the book, you will learn about WCF services and explore WPF's support for debugging and asynchronous operations.
By the end of the book, you will have a deep understanding of WPF and will know how to build resilient applications.
What you will learn
- Understand the fundamentals of WPF
- Explore the major controls and manage element layout
- Implement data binding
- Create custom elements that lead to a particular implementation path
- Customize controls, styles, and templates in XAML
- Leverage the MVVM pattern to maintain a clean and reusable structure in your code
- Master practical animations
- Integrate WCF services in a WPF application
- Implement WPFs support for debugging and asynchronous operations
Who this book is for
The book is intended for developers who are relatively new to WPF (Windows Presentation Foundation), or those who have been working with WPF for some time, but want to get a deeper understanding of its foundation and concepts to gain practical knowledge. Basic knowledge of C# and Visual Studio is assumed.
Table of Contents
- WPF Fundamentals
- Using WPF Standard Controls
- Layouts and Panels
- Working with Data Bindings
- Using Custom Controls and User Controls
- Using Styles, Templates and Triggers
- Using Resources and MVVM Patterns
- Working with Animations
- Using WCF Services
- Debugging and Threading
- Interoperability with Win32 and WinForm
- Focus on coding with the new, improved, and powerful tools of VS 2017
- Master improved debugging and unit testing support capabilities
- Accelerate cloud development with the built-in Azure tools
Visual Studio 2017 is the all-new IDE released by Microsoft for developers, targeting Microsoft and other platforms to build stunning Windows and web apps. Learning how to effectively use this technology can enhance your productivity while simplifying your most common tasks, allowing you more time to focus on your project. With this book, you will learn not only what VS2017 offers, but also what it takes to put it to work for your projects.
Visual Studio 2017 is packed with improvements that increase productivity, and this book will get you started with the new features introduced in Visual Studio 2017 IDE and C# 7.0. Next, you will learn to use XAML tools to build classic WPF apps, and UWP tools to build apps targeting Windows 10. Later, you will learn about .NET Core and then explore NuGet, the package manager for the Microsoft development platform. Then, you will familiarize yourself with the debugging and live unit testing techniques that comes with the IDE. Finally, you'll adapt Microsoft's implementation of cloud computing with Azure, and the Visual Studio integration with Source Control repositories.
What you will learn
- Learn what's new in the Visual Studio 2017 IDE, C# 7.0, and how it will help developers to improve their productivity
- Learn the workloads and components of the new installation wizard and how to use the online and offline installer
- Build stunning Windows apps using Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) and Universal Windows Platform (UWP) tools
- Get familiar with .NET Core and learn how to build apps targeting this new framework
- Explore everything about NuGet packages
- Debug and test your applications using Visual Studio 2017
- Accelerate cloud development with Microsoft Azure
- Integrate Visual Studio with most popular source control repositories, such as TFS and GitHub
About the Author
Kunal Chowdhury has been a Microsoft MVP (Most Valuable Professional) since 2010, starting with Silverlight to Windows app development. He is also a renowned public speaker, active blogger (by passion), and a software engineer (senior/technical lead) by profession. Over the years, he has acquired profound knowledge on various Microsoft products and helped developers throughout the world with his deep knowledge and experience.
As a technical buff, Kunal has in-depth knowledge of OOPs, C#, XAML, .NET, WPF, UWP, Visual Studio, Windows 10 and Microsoft Azure. He is also proficient in entire Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Scrum methodology. He has written many articles, tips & tricks on his technical blog (kunal-chowdhury) for developers and consumers.
You can contact Kunal via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also follow him on Twitter at @kunal2383 and become a part of his major fans on social media channels for the updates that he shares over there.
Table of Contents
- What's new in Visual Studio 2017 IDE?
- What's new in C# 7.0?
- Building applications for Windows using XAML Tools
- Building applications for Windows 10 using UWP Tools
- Building application with .