Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-4 of 4 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 28 reviews
on February 26, 2005
First, let me explain that I absolutely love the film Kundun.

I beleive it is a true work of art/ labor of love that didn't receive the recognition it so much deserves.

Let me skip to the big point-- the last 10 minutes of this film is a near perfect blend of music that is spot- on for the subject matter, which is enlightenment.

My guess is that a *very conscious* person had a lot to do with the creation, blending & timing of the music, script and film, especially for the last ten minutes-- OR that it was a total coincidence that it came out to be so near perfect. (either is very much in keeping with the movie's theme, which is NOT the Dalai Lama at all, but enlightenment)

Not for everyone, and I'm afraid I may have built it up in your mind too highly, so that you'll feel let down by the actual expereince of the music itself, I can say that *everytime* I listen to the last ten minutes especially (titled Escape to India), I cry for joy at *experiencing* a few minutes of the most sublime enlightenment, tears, sorrow & simple joy and wonder at being alive in this dance of life myself.

Thank you, Phillip Glass, Martin Scorcese and all those involved in this brilliant study of how a culture's focus on a single individual being assumed to be enlightened-- and his training to actually act the part, resulted in a person of great compassion, richness and insight.

In other words, their culture made him enlightened by treating him as enlightened.

What if we were all assumed to be enlightened and treated as such-- what difference would that make to you, at this very moment, dear reader, as you absorb these words? If that sentence has any impact on you at all, then you'll likely be *deeply moved* by both the movie and soundtrack.
on January 24, 2015
Really moving movie and the soundtrack was a great backdrop so it comes to mind easily when listening to this fine Phillip Glass score. Oddly we had three movies on the Dalai Lama this Christmas on NZ Telly...perhaps he is making another trip here. Hope so!
on March 8, 2014
If you loved the movie - as I did - this CD is for you. KUNDUN was a work of art depicting the Tibetan tragedy with unbelievable
beauty. The iconic music by the great Phillip Glass is absolutely unforgettable. Yes, I RECOMMENDED!
on October 26, 2013
Not only is this a hauntingly beautiful soundtrack to draw you in to the various scenes of the movie, it is a beautiful integration of both Tibetan music, musical instruments, and music of the west. I listen to it often and highly recommend it especially if you have seen the movie.