Kurgo Tru-Fit Enhanced Strength Dog Harness, Crash Tested Car Safety Harness for Dogs, Includes Pet Safety Seat Belt, Steel Nesting Buckles, Front D-Ring for No Pull Training, XL, Black
Enhance your purchase
|Closure Type||Double Ring|
About this item
- Crash tested Certified: Most broadly sold crash tested car harness for dogs enhanced strength Harness is crash tested for dogs up to 75 Pounds Tested at calspan’s Buffalo, NY crash test facility- test procedure for pet safety harness restraint systems, procedure developed at same facility that maintains Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard no. 213 for child restraint systems and conducts car seat performance tests for the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Adjustable and comfortable everyday harness: great everything harness for everyday use Product is crash tested, includes NO-PULL D ring for effectively training dog not to pull by spinning dog around, has 5 adjustment points for customizable fit on dogs of all shapes and sizes, Includes dog tether for car, and broad, padded chest plate for extra protection and comfort that's why it's the most broadly sold crash tested dog Harness in North America
- Dog seat belt tether included: dog tether (seat belt loop with attached Carabiner) is included and compatible with any car seat belt system can also be used as lead for training
- Size and fit: extra Small fits dogs with neck 9-13 inches and chest 12-18 inches Please refer to Kurgo size chart for information on how to properly measure your dog
- Item Length: 0.25 inches
- Age Range Description: All life stages
- Included Components: 1 Dog Harness
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
|Tru-Fit Enhanced Strength||Tru-Fit Quick Release||Journey Adventure||Journey Air||Impact|
|Function||Dual purpose walking & car safety harness: Crash tested for dogs up to 75 lbs||Easy on & off, adjustable walking harness||Heavy duty adventure harness for hiking, running, & walking||Lightweight, padded harness for active dogs||Dedicated crash tested car safety harness, for dogs up to 108 lbs.|
|Type of Buckles||Metal nesting buckles for durability and strength||Quick release plastic buckles for easy on & off||Metal nesting buckles for durability and strength||Quick release plastic buckles for easy on & off||Metal nesting buckles for durability and strength|
|D-Ring||Front & Back D-Ring||Front & Back D-Ring||Front & Back D-Ring||Front & Back D-Ring||Back D-Ring|
|Handle for Control||✓||✓||✓|
|Includes Tether for Car Restraint||✓||✓||✓||Integrates directly with seatbelt, requires no additional strap|
|Fit||5 adjustment points to fit a wide range of dog sizes & breeds||5 adjustment points to fit a wide range of dog sizes & breeds||Neck & chest adjustment points to fit a wide range of breeds. Rugged construction best fits dogs over 15 lbs.||Neck & chest adjustment points to fit a wide range of breeds. Athletic cut offers full range of motion.||Neck & chest adjustment points. Not ideal for dogs with deep chests & narrow necks.|
|Ideal For||Comfort & safety in one package. Go from walking to riding in the car & know your dog is protected||Daily walking & light adventures. Perfect "starter" harness for new pets.||Hiking & running. V-neck design supports dog's natural movement. Works best for medium & large dogs looking for an active, rugged harness.||Adventure in comfort. Breathable & lightweight to fit all size dogs. Rust-free hardware makes this a good choice for pets who love the water.||Medium & large dogs looking for safety in the car. Not suitable for walking.|
Don’t choose between safety or comfort. Kurgo Tru-Fit Enhanced Strength harness is a crash-tested dog car harness to keep your dog safe when he travels. With leash attachments on both the front & back, it is customizable to your walking style. It comes with the features of our other true-fit harnesses, but with all-steel nesting buckles based on the time-tested harnesses of rock climbers and linemen. When used with the included crash tested seat belt tether, it helps keep your dog safe in a car accident. Crash tested for dogs up to 75 lbs.
Product detailsColor:Black | Size:Medium
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Product Dimensions : 0.25 x 5 x 6 inches; 12.8 Ounces
- Item model number : K01257
- Department : Travel & Outdoors
- Date First Available : September 17, 2012
- Manufacturer : Kurgo
- ASIN : B009CE8106
- Domestic Shipping: Item can be shipped within U.S.
- International Shipping: This item can be shipped to select countries outside of the U.S. Learn More
- Customer Reviews:
Fit over your pet's head, then attach the side clips. Adjust sliding buckles as needed.
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
By TwoHawks on July 13, 2015
OK, so he wasn't very happy about it, but he was still safe.
By tcasten on December 22, 2015
Top reviews from other countries
So, I was then on the hunt for a crash tested one that would not cause the same issue. I discovered three others. After researching I settled on this one. I have only had it a few days but already done a long journey. Obviously (and thankfully) not tested in a crash but it sits well on him (7 kilo puppy) and doesn’t put pressure on his airway.
Hope this helps others in making their decision.
It’s easy to fit, seems very well made and my dog is very happy wearing it. It is quite heavy thanks to the metal hardware which may be an issue with very small dogs, but my labrador puppy doesn’t seem to mind, even when we used it as a walking harness, and of course it’s the metal clips which give the harness it’s strength. A word of warning though - if it’s even slightly loose fitting, the dog can escape it so make sure it’s tight enough! She seems to have plenty of space to settle on the back seat when restrained, but not enough that she can try to jump in my toddler’s lap or try to get in the front of the car. Thankfully I’ve not needed to test the crash test claims but so far I’m happy.
I bought the medium which fits my 13kg dog very well. I did have an issue with the seller sending the wrong size and the ensuing marketplace returns palaver... I hadn’t realised that the medium was not sent by Amazon unlike the other sizes. However, we have the correct size now so it’s all good. If it wasn’t for the fact that the metal on the harness will rust if wet, I would probably ditch our regular waking harness and use this full time, I like it that much!
Edit October 2020.
I’ve recently had to buy another Kurgo harness in large now my dog is 24kg. I had no hesitation in buying it again, and it has now completely replaced the regular walking harness. The metal clips didn’t rust although I expected them to, and the front lead attachment ring has helped a lot with the dog pulling. I now recommend this harness to everyone I know!
My only quibble would be the lack of a rotating clip between the carabiner and the harness attachment. I have to attach the carabiner to the rotating clip on her lead for free movement, otherwise when she changes position the harness tightens around her. It's a problem easily sorted and I wouldn't let it deter me from recommending this product to those who want to rely on something more substantial than plastic clips to keep their dogs safe... these are steel.
We struggled, however, with using the seat belt through the carabiner, hence dropping two stars. Our dog moves around a lot when travelling and within seconds he was getting himself tied in knots and getting stressed out by it. This wasn't too bad if he was on the front seat of the van (3 seats) where one of us could untangle him, but it was being done literally every few minutes. We now attach him using a doggy seat belt to the clip on the back that the carabiner attached to. We know this isn't ideal in a crash situation, but he is far happier and can untangle himself when he moves around, and the damage to him in a crash will be less than if we clipped onto his collar.
Reviewed in the United Kingdom on August 18, 2019