Kurgo Tru-Fit Crash Tested Dog Harness
- LIFETIME WARRANTY: Product comes with hassle-free Kurgo Lifetime Warranty against manufacturer defects when purchased new from authorized dealer
- CRASH TESTED & SAFE: Most broadly sold crash tested harness; crash tested at a university testing facility following child car seat standards; enhanced strength harness is crash tested for dogs up to 75 lbs
- ADJUSTABLE & COMFORTABLE EVERYDAY HARNESS: Great everything harness for everyday use! Product is crash tested, includes no-pull D ring, has five adjustment points for customizable fit on dogs of all shapes and sizes, includes dog tether for car, and broad, padded chest plate for extra protection and comfort; that's why it's the most broadly sold crash tested dog harness in North America
- DOG SEAT BELT TETHER INLCUDED: Dog tether (seat belt loop with attached carabiner) is included and compatible with any car seat belt system and can also be used as a lead for training
- SIZING & FIT: Large size fits dogs with 18 to 30-inch neck, 24 to 34-inch chest; see size chart to the left for further details
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Kurgo is dedicated to helping people and their dogs get out and enjoy the world together. We design & manufacture everything you need to Go Together with your dog whether that’s down the street to the dog park or across the country on an epic road trip. Each product we create is an innovative solution that makes traveling or being outdoors with your dog easier, safer, and more fun. Kurgo’s product line includes everything from leashes & collars for walking to car seat covers and car harnesses for travel to dog backpacks, coats and booties for outdoor adventures.
Kurgo was founded in 2003 by two brothers, Kitter & Gordie Spater, who grew up exploring the woods of Vermont with their dogs. Their parents were apparel manufacturers & entrepreneurs who taught their sons the importance of quality. Every Kurgo product is made to the highest standards and comes with a Lifetime Warranty, when purchased from an authorized Kurgo dealer. Based in the Seacoast region of New Hampshire & Massachusetts, both Spater brothers are still highly engaged in the design and distribution of Kurgo Products today.
Committed to Quality
At Kurgo, we pride ourselves in designing quality products. There’s nothing more frustrating than buying a product that breaks. If, during your product’s lifetime, it does not function as it should due to a manufacturing defect, we will repair or replace your product free of charge. Hassle and worry free!
Kurgo’s Lifetime Warranty covers manufacturer’s defects caused by poor craftsmanship or defective hardware or materials when purchased through authorized Kurgo dealers.
To file a claim, please fill out the Warranty Claim Form on Kurgo’s website, which requires pictures showing the defect, and the Kurgo customer service team will take a look. If the claim meets Kurgo’s guidelines, we will send you a replacement product free of charge. US and Canada only.
Kurgo Tru-Fit Enhanced Strength Harness
Crash tested up to 75 lbs
Kurgo’s Tru-Fit Enhanced Strength Harness is the most broadly sold and trusted crash tested harness at retailers in North America. This product was tested at an established university testing facility, using the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVS213) for child restraint systems. It has been tested for dogs up to 75 pounds. Please see above for crash test video and below for a PDF of the crash test report.
The all-steel nesting buckle system is inspired by the engineering materials and practices utilized to create harnesses for rock climbers and linesmen, making these Kurgo harnesses safe and secure for your dog. Smartly designed with five adjustment points, this dog harness makes it easy to get a near custom fit, no matter what breed or size dog you own.
In the event of a rare, but dangerous collision, this crash tested harness will keep your dog safe in their seat. For the best protection against a crash, we recommend using the included carabiner to attach the harness to your car seatbelt system. If your dog is not used to being restrained, and needs more range of movement, you can use the dog tether to loosen restraint and provide more room for mobility.
Please follow the chart below to ensure a proper fit. We recommend measuring your dog’s chest and neck using a flexible tape measurer, or a piece of string and a ruler.
- All metal hardware
- Includes dog tether, compatible with every vehicle seatbelt system
- Available in two colors: red and black
- Available in five sizes: XS, S, M, L & XL
- Lifetime Warranty against manufacturer defects, when purchased from authorized seller
Kurgo's Tru-Fit Enhanced Strength Harness 3055 series is a crash-tested dog car harness to keep your dog safe when he travels. It comes with the features of our other harnesses, but includes all-steel Nesting Buckles based on the time-tested harnesses of rock climbers and linesmen. When used with the included seatbelt tether, it keeps your dog safe in a car accident. LIFETIME WARRANTY: Your satisfaction is important to us. We offer a Kurgo lifetime warranty for products purchased new from authorized sellers. If you have any questions or concerns about our products, please contact Kurgo and we would be happy to assist you!
Size: Large | Color: Black
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
My Shih Tzu mix weighs 9 pounds and is very trim. The small fits her perfectly on the smallest "setting" but there is plenty of room for growth or for a larger dog. I highly recommend this harness.
Update: I have been using this with my 25 pound Cavalier King Charles Spaniel for almost 2 years. Still looks new and my dog just waits expectedly for me to put harness on once up in car seat. He loves riding in car and I feel he is much safer having a doggy seat belt. I have air bag on passenger side disabled so if won't deploy with dog in the seat.