|Item Weight||1.2 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||9.7 x 6.5 x 0.2 inches|
|Item model number||6240|
|Is Discontinued By Manufacturer||No|
|Manufacturer Part Number||6240|
|OEM Part Number||6240|
|Vehicle Service Type||Cruiser/Touring, Street Bike, Adventure Touring|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Kuryakyn 6240 Premium ISO Handlebar Grips for Throttle and Clutch: Universal Fit for Motorcycles with 1" Diameter Bars, Chrome, 1 Pair
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Grip placement dampens handlebar vibration and provides a soft, non-slip surface
- Features unique recessions between grip pads to allow air flow; Provides added relief from the heat
- Unique removable end caps allow use with stock air reservoir type handlebars
- Includes (1) chrome throttle side grip assembly, (1) chrome clutch side grip assembly, (1) spacer material, (2) tube adhesive; Suggested tools (not included): razor blade, sandpaper, electrical tape, hack saw or utility knife, non-permanent marker
- Universal fit compatible with 1" diameter handlebars and overall length 5 3/4" x 1 5/8" diameter; May require the removal of ribs on OEM (original equipment manufacturer) throttle sleeves
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Compare with similar items
Kuryakyn 6235 Premium ISO Handlebar Grips for Throttle and Clutch: Kawasaki, Suzuki, Victory & Yamaha Motorcycles, Chrome, 1 Pair
Kuryakyn 6228 Premium ISO Handlebar Grips with Standard Throttle Boss for Electronic Throttle Control: 2008-19 Harley-Davidson Motorcycles, Chrome, 1 Pair
Kuryakyn 6250 Motorcycle Handlebar Accessory: ISO Throttle Boss, Universal Fit with Kuryakyn ISO Grips, Chrome, Pack of 1
Kuryakyn 6227 Premium ISO Handlebar Grips for Electronic Throttle Control: 2014-19 Harley-Davidson Motorcycles, Chrome, 1 Pair
|Shipping||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping on your first order. Details||FREE Shipping. Details|
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Universal: 1" Handlebars Honda: All '10-'16 VT1300 Models, All '02-'08 VTX1800 Models, All '03-'09 VTX1300 Models, '09-'16 Fury, '04-'05 Rune, '98-'16 Shadow 750 Ace/Aero/Phantom/RS/Spirit Models, '14-'15 Valkyrie Suzuki: '95-'08 Intruder 1400 & Boulevard S83 Models, '95-'09 Intruder 800 & Boulevard S50 Models
The Kuryakyn 6240 premium ISO handlebar grips for throttle and clutch control provide the ultimate experience in comfort and style for motorcycle riders. Designed for long haul comfort, the chrome ISO grip placement dampens handlebar vibration and provides a soft, non-slip surface. Features unique recessions between grip pads to allow air flow; provides added relief from the heat. Because of the unique removable end caps, grips may be used with stock air reservoir type handlebars. Includes (1) chrome throttle side grip assembly, (1) chrome clutch side grip assembly, (1) spacer material, (2) tube adhesive; suggested tools (not included): razor blade, sandpaper, electrical tape, hack saw or utility knife, non-permanent marker. The Kuryakyn 6240 premium ISO handlebar grips for throttle and clutch control are universal fit compatible with 1" diameter handlebars and overall length 5 3/4" x 1 5/8" diameter; may require the removal of ribs on OEM (original equipment manufacturer) throttle sleeves.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
So far, I only have the Iso grips (I also ordered the weighted end caps for them, but they have not arrived yet so this review is of the grips effect alone). And they are MUCH more comfortable. The grip size is perfect for me to feel like I really have something filling out my hand. They feel incredibly comfortable, and for whatever reason (maybe because they are larger) they are a lot easier to manipulate the throttle with than the stock grips. It's done a great job reducing the vibration levels already, and It should get even better once the weighted ends arrive and I can put them on as well.
The black widow glue works great, though I only needed it on the clutch side. The clutch grip fit over the 7/8ths bar with no issue, and the glue keeps it nice and snug. The throttle side was slightly trickier, but not terrible. It is a VERY tight fit over the throttle sleeve. So much so that I had to use wd-40 just to get the grip on and it still took a good bit of elbow grease. I gave it time the wd-40 time to evaporate, and it seems to be pretty locked tight so far. A couple rides in and it hasn't budged at all.
So far, I'm incredibly happy with them.
- Really, really, really, really comfortable
- Increases the handlebar diameter, getting rid of claw hand you get after long rides
- Absorbs a lot of vibration from the handlebars
- Makes it easy to add high-quality proprietary attachments to non-hollow (and hollow) handlebars alike
- Comes in 1" and 7/8" models for all handlebar types
- High quality build, metal, and finish
- Paint and color hasn't worn or chipped after a year of use
- Comes with bar end caps which can be left off or replaced with upgrades (see Tips below)
- A little tricky to install
- Get Kuryakyn 6339 Black Grip End Weight to completely elliminate vibration.
- Get Kuryakyn ISO-Throttle Boss - Each/Black which doesn't get in your way when you don't want it to (unlike other, cheaper general variations).
The clutch side grip was very easy to install. Simply remove the factory grip by inserting a screwdriver under the rubber and spray a little WD40 between the rubber and chrome handle bar. The grip will easily twist off afterward. The new grip slid into place with little effort and lined up perfectly. Nice and solid.
The throttle side grip was a little trickier. Removal of the old grip was basically the same, except you'll be inserting the screwdriver between the rubber grip and the plastic throttle housing. Once off, the fun starts. The instructions say you need to sand down any ribs or ridges on the plastic throttle housing for the grip to fit properly. I thought I would disregard this minor annoyance, and quickly found out I needed to do as the instructions say. Sanding the ridges off didn't go so well. I had to employ my grinder to carefully rid the plastic housing from the ridges. You have to go up to nearly the very end of the housing too. There is a wider ridge that runs around the plastic housing that will keep the grip from fully seating on the bar. You need to grind it down. Just be careful to not grind through the plastic all the way. It is fairly thick, but if you use a grinder like I did, there won't be much room for error.
After the grinding, the grip slid into place with a little soapy water and looks beautiful. If you aren't careful, the rubber bumps on the grip will push out of place. They easily push back into place, so don't worry if this happens to you.
On my bike, I didn't need the plastic spacer sleeve. You might, so try a trial fit to be sure.
Overall, I'm very pleased with these grips. They look great, feel solid and make the vibrations in my bar nearly unnoticeable. Great purchase!