Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Kuzy - 13inch PALMREST with Trackpad Skin Protector Sticker Cover Silver for Apple MacBook Pro 13.3" (A1278) Aluminum Unibody Only
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Gemini Syndrome Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

on November 9, 2012
Kuzy PalmGuard Skin for my Retina MacBook Pro 13-inch

Kuzy - Retina 13-Inch PALMREST with Trackpad Skin Sticker Cover Silver for Apple MacBook Pro 13.3" with RETINA Display Only A1425 (NEWEST VERSION Release October 2012) MD212LL/A and MD213LL/A

This Skin sticker blends in almost perfectly with the macbook's stock color and you can hardly notice its on there.
the best part about this product it even comes with a trackpad cover, so the trackpad doesn't start to wear out over the years. It has a bit of a textured coating on it that actually makes the track pad feel more accurate when you use it.

Also i got screen protector from Kuzy. There were not many options available. I suppose that's because it's so new. I didn't want a low quality cover for my new Mac and I was not disappointed. It has a nice cut out for the camera too. It is worth the money. My computer was a considerable investment and this was comparatively not a lot to protect the screen.
Kuzy - Retina 13-Inch Screen Protector Film for Apple MacBook Pro 13.3" with Retina Display for Retina Display ONLY Model: A1425 for MC975LL/A or MC976LL/A

Bottom Line:
It's an excellent quality of Screen Protector and PalmGuard.

Great products, I would highly recommend it. I will buy from Kuzy again
on July 6, 2012
I thoroughly enjoy this product.

PROS:
high quality sticker/decal that will protect against scratches and spills. I'd say it's on par with the more expensive moshi palm rests.
color matches well with the aluminum and the fit is spot on (maybe 1/2 a millimeter off on the corners)

CONS:
The application takes an incredibly long time because once even 1 spot makes contact with the surface, the entire palm rest has a tendency to stick on as well. So, if you mess up, you'll have to pull it back up and retry. It has to be a perfect application for it to do any good.

There was also this strange barely noticeable orange streak across the palm rest area. I later realized it was because of how they packaged the palm rest on this double sided fluorescent orange tape and it bled through/ the color melted a bit onto the palm rest. Not too noticeable but just thought you should know.

P.S. Even though the description says it's a 1 time application, if you work only in small areas and slowly peeling back the palm rest, you can manage to pull the small areas back up to realign till you get it perfectly on there. BEWARE OF YOUR FINGERPRINTS (oil on your fingers) ON THE STICKY SIDE they will turn the area darker grey.

All in all i was very pleased with this palm rest once i spent the 15 min applying it perfectly. I would recommend this product to anyone who has patience dealing with this sort of thing. Remember to peel off the waxy paper as you go and only the amount you can handle. I really don't suggest peeling the entire thing off and trying to stick it on with one fell swoop. A credit card will help you handle any air bubbles although I doubt you'll get any as this decal is nice and thick.
on November 7, 2013
I've owned both the Moshi PalmGuard (for my old 13" MacBook Pro) and now this Kuzy Palmrest (for my new 13" Retina MacBook Pro). As an owner of both, I have to say I prefer Moshi. If you are just looking for overall appearance, tactile feel, and to protect the wrist rest of your MBP, the Kuzy product is just as good as Moshi's, and you should get it. But Moshi gets more of the little things right.

The Moshi product is ever-so-slightly thicker and stiffer, making it easier to apply. The Kuzy flops around all over the place, making it more likely that bubbles will form and more likely that you'll have to reapply. Second, because Kuzy is thinner, it's easier to put permanent crease marks in. There's a crease in mine below the bottom of the trackpad that I simply can't get rid of. Thirdly, the fit and finish is close, but isn't perfect--in particular, the cut-out near the bottom of the trackpad has corners that are too sharp and curves that don't curve fast enough.

As of this writing, the Kuzy product was $15 with shipping, while Moshi was $20 with Prime eligibility. I'm going to try reapplying the kuzy to get rid of the crease, but if I can't get rid of it, I'm going to go with Moshi again.
on July 12, 2012
I had the Moshi palmguard for a while and with time wanted to replace it. I saw this on Amazon and because of the price decided to try it out. Boy am I glad I did. It was half the price and works just as well. I've had mine on for over a month and it looks just like new. The cut out might be slightly off (meaning <1mm) or I might have put it on a little off center. The color matches the aluminum perfectly. People don't even notice I have something on. It also comes with the track pad cover which I use. It does feel a bit different than without it, but its worth it to me to preserve my computer as long as possible. Plus, you get used to it and when you feel it w/o it feels weird. Overall a great investment to protect your Macbook Pro!!
on April 21, 2013
As my title indicates, I had read a lot of reviews and the majority of positive feedback was about the moshi palmguard. i purchased one (it didn't fit) so I purchased the one from Kuzy instead. These products are almost identical as far as color, functionality and installation goes. The only huge difference i have noticed is that the kuzy product has a more textured feel as opposed to the smooth finish of the Moshi product. This doesnt bother me and i have not experienced any loss of trackpad sensitivity. Good product & $11 cheaper than moshi!
on June 28, 2013
I was expecting this to be a cheap plastic sticker, but i'm actually quite pleased with it.

PROS:
* Durable, Metallic feel.
* My fingers glid very nicely on the trackpad and it is a comfortable transition if you set the adhesives correctly.
* The cut is very precise, and has a nice clean look. It fit perfect
* During application, I had to reapply to get some of the bubbles out. I was very careful, and I cleaned the areas with some alcohol and wiped it dry with a clean cloth. I had no problem adjusting after a few repositionings. Just be careful not to bend it, I suppose.

CONS:
* The color is very similar but has a slightly different glimmer because of the texture. It depends on the lighting. It doesn't bother me.
on January 26, 2014
This thing fits perfectly, very thick protective cover for the palm rest area...very good quality...i did not put the track pad part on, simply because i like the feel of the slick glass track pad...fits perfectly...hit about putting it on...tear the paper off the back at the bottom of the track pad first and leave the rest on until you get it perfectly aligned at the bottom, once you get it aligned at the bottom, then slowly pull the rest off and the whole rest of the thing will go on perfectly...five stars on this one.
on December 29, 2012
I purchased this cover to protect my three month old Macbook Air. I was starting to see smudges on the trackpad, and after waiting three years to purchase the laptop I wanted to protect my investment. It works great and installed perfectly. First, I took my time to see how things lined up. Then I carefully tore just the paper backing of the palm rest cover in two places near the center. This enabled me to peel off the backing in sections. I worked my way from the trackpad, squaring up the palm rest around the trackpad, then out to the edge of the computer. This seemed to work better then dealing with one large piece of paper backing and starting at an edge. I also installed the track pad cover and have had no issues with sensitivity. It works just as well with it as without. Highly recommend, for the price it's well worth it.
on July 12, 2012
I ordered this 13" Palmrest with trackpad Skin Sticker Cover and the screen protector for my 13 MACBOOK PRO
I love the trackpad skin.....they are amazing and worth the money :)
Easy to apply to my 13" MAc Book Pro. JUst had trouble to apply the screen protector, i had all bubbles on the screen now.
HOwever, the seller have the promotion to get the free one so hopefully im going to have another one soon.
The shipping is super fast less than 5 days even thou the track said like 10days....
Im happy with my purchase and will shop with this seller again :)
Happy shopper
thanks alot
on December 24, 2013
easy to apply and I did not get it on straight at first and carefully was able to lift it off slowly and reapply. Got it on right and it fits perfectly and seems it will do a great job of protecting the trackpad and the palm rest, had a HP PC that that trackpad's paint wore off in the heavily used areas very quickly did not want that to happen with my new Mac so I think this is a solid answer. Looks good and like it is part of the laptop not an accessory, I like the way it blends with the uncovered portion of the laptop.