BCA Month Beauty Ali: A Life Women's Coat Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by st vincent Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now PSFF17_gno

on May 31, 2013
I've uploaded two pictures to the customer images gallery comparing the KwikGoal shirt advertised on this page and the Official Sports economy long sleeve recommended by USSF (It's exactly the same as the Pro shirt; I just happened to have the economy shirt out as I was finishing up my laundry!).

In the close up, you can see a very slight difference between the shirt colors. In the far shot (taken about two yards away), it is much harder to see a difference. By comparison, the old style OSI shirts (with the thinner pinstripes) and the current style have a MUCH greater difference in color, which can be seen from any distance.

I've walked side-by-side with referees wearing OSI shirts, and could barely notice a difference in color. No official has ever commented on the difference, or even commented on the fact that I wasn't wearing an OSI shirt.

Positives:
---Handles sweat and rain far better than OSI's shirts do. This goes for the OSI economy shirts (of which I have 14), as well as the OSI Pro shirts (of which I have 4). OSI's shirts suck up sweat and rain and never let it go, making you feel like you're carrying a bucket of water on your shoulders. The KwikGoal shirts handle sweat more like a mediocre soccer shirt. Not great, but much better than OSI shirts.
---Buttoned collar looks nicer than the open collar on the OSI economy shirt, for a lower price.
---99.9% of people you meet will never notice that you're not in the "recommended" USSF shirt.

Negatives:
---The badge holder is off center! See my third image. I know they meant well, and *technically* it is centered if you ignore the pencil well and pocket flap, but it is NOT centered over the entire pocket, so it just looks odd to me.
---The pocket flap is attached across the entire pocket, so a long enough pencil will prevent the flap from closing completely, making the shirt look a bit sloppy. By contrast, Score shirts don't attach the pocket flap where the pencil would go, so they close more neatly.
---0.1% of people you meet will probably notice that you don't have an OSI logo on your pocket, and you don't have a USSF logo on your sleeve. Some of those people might even notice that the yellow is slightly different.

Conclusion: If you plan on upgrading beyond grade 7, then you may want to buy all 10 OSI Pro shirts so that a picky assessor won't bring it up. For the other 99% of USSF referees, however, this is a great way to save money while getting a shirt that, admittedly, fits better, and handles sweat and rain MUCH better than OSI's product.
review image review image review image
on October 7, 2013
I have purchased six of these shirts - four short sleeve (R,G,BLK & BLU) and two long sleeve (Y & G) for me plus about five for my kids who referee. I also have a yellow economy OSI shirt. I prefer the Kwik Goal shirts over the OSI shirts for comfort and function. The Kwik Goal shirt feels much stronger than the OSI. It wicks moisture better, too. Also, the Kwik Goal shirt has a button up collar vs. the V-neck of the economy shirt. And I almost forgot the velcro on the shirt pockets which keeps my coin and yellow card in place. I have lost a coin and had my yellow card fall out of the economy OSI shirt. The downside is the flap looks funny with a pen in it because it sticks up so I keep my pen in my shorts pocket. That's the only reason I didn't give 5 stars.

I have worn these at local and regional tournaments and no one has ever commented that they are not the "official" shirt. That includes assessors and assignors. They look exactly the same just without the OSI label on the pocket and USSF emblem on the sleeve.

Overall, I would recommend these to any new referee and will continue to buy them until/unless I upgrade beyond a Grade 7. At that point, it will be necessary to have the official OSI shirt
on December 25, 2013
Two small deficiencies with this jersey that were noted by other reviewers:
1. The color is slightly more orange than the OSI jerseys. This is really only noticeable if you hold the two jerseys up next to each other. Once you're out on the field, no one will notice.
2. The badge patch is slightly off-center in the pocket. This is minor (obvious when you really look at it, but I didn't even notice until another reviewer pointed it out).

All things considered, good quality construction -- IMO as good as the OSI jerseys. And given the difference in cost, a great value. For any ordinary soccer club or competitive match, you'll be considered perfectly well-equipped in this jersey.

Update:
A year and a half later, I still have no regrets about recommending this jersey. I really can't see paying twice as much for the OSI jersey. Nobody has ever complained (or as far as I can tell even noticed) the slight color difference in this jersey. The quality is great. IMO, it's at least as durable as the OSI. My gold Kwik Goal has lasted longer than the OSI did -- and it gets a lot of use. I now have two of these (gold and green) and my future purchases will almost certainly be the Kwik Goal.
on January 23, 2013
This review is for the green, adult medium option.

I'm definitely happy with the shirt - it looks professional, fits well (true to size, generally), seems to be high quality, and fairly comfortable. Most importantly, it works just as well as the "designated" referee shirts you can buy through the USSF for around $50.

This is my third shirt bought from Amazon - black, blue, and now green. I bought my "official" yellow ref shirt through the USSF, costing my over $40 and not being any better than the ones I bought from Amazon. I've read about some complaints about the yellow jerseys here being more "school-bus yellow" and I honestly can't say either way. If you're looking for a yellow jersey, I'd be careful - it seems like quite a few people complain about the color of the yellow model. But the three colors I've bought (black, blue, green; various sizes) have all been true to size and color.

I've used the other two for a few years now, and the green I'll start to use this spring. So far, I've had no problems with wearing down, etc. - they seem to be very high quality, from what I can tell. I especially love the velcro pocket over the front pockets on either side - they keep pens, paper, etc. from falling out as you run and look very professional.

Very satisfied with my purchases. I'll probably be back when I need a red jersey next! I'd still be a little cautious with the yellow model from reading other reviews, but all the colors I've purchased have been great. Especially for the price, these are great - I find no difference in professional look from my black, blue and green jerseys bought on Amazon for ~$20 vs. the yellow USSF jersey for over $40.

If you have any questions about the product, just leave a comment below and I'll check in and see if I can answer it - thanks!
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 3, 2015
Decent, but not exceptional quality materials and design. It is appropriate for the price. My main complaint is the pen holder in the left pocket, which makes it so my larger card wallet will not fit. (I do not like either work around - smaller wallet or use right pocket.)
on October 26, 2012
When compared to similar soccer referee jerseys from Score, Official Sports, and Epic (I have bought them all), this is a great quality product. It seems to be of the same quality of the Official Sports and Score Pro line jerseys but at half the price. The one thing I would suggest to the manufacturers of ALL referee jerseys, is to make the pen pocket accessible with the shirt flap CLOSED. It is not very professional looking to have half you shirt flap sticking up because the pen is keeping it from being able to close. Anyway, I think I will be purchasing all of my jerseys from here now seeing as how I do a lot of tournaments and games and tend to go through a couple specific colors quickly (constant washing). I will ammend this review once this GOLD jersey has gone through a few tournaments and will let everyone know how well the color holds up to sun and constant washing.
on April 26, 2017
Ok
on July 5, 2015
Shirt quality is fine and size is as expected. I like the weight of the fabric and pocket flaps. The collar feels flimsy, and I wonder if it will hold up with a few seasons of wearing and washing. I don't expect to wear this color often so it will likely be fine for my purposes.

Update: Have now owned this for a year, and it does what I need. I have this shirt in green and black so I don't wear it them often. Still holding up.
on April 22, 2017
This shirt runs extremely large. There was no difference in size between an adult medium and a youth large. Quality is decent. Company needs to recognize that assistant refs can be kids that are 13 Or 14 years old.
on September 30, 2010
Very nice quality referee Jersey. Good material and good design. It is about the same size as other referee jerseys (runs a bit large). I could only find a couple of flaws. It is a little short, so it is prone to coming untucked during a game (which we all know is very frowned upon by those senior referees). And the velcro patch is too small for my USSF patch. Check out this shirt: epicsports.com, and click soccer, then go down to referees (on the left of the page)>Jerseys, and look at their new style referee jersey. It comes in all 5 standard colors (y,b,r,g,b) and all sizes (YS-AXL). I really, really, like those. They retail at about $20. Trust me, the only reason I got this one instead is because they were out of my size in black, and I needed it for an upcoming game.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.