|Item Weight||1.5 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||3.5 x 5.38 x 9.88 inches|
|Item model number||99130-002|
|Batteries||4 AA batteries required.|
|Is Discontinued By Manufacturer||No|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Included Components||Hardware;Door, Gate & Window Hardware;door-dead-bolts|
|Battery Cell Type||Alkaline|
Kwikset 99130-002 SmartCode 913 Non-Connected Keyless Entry Electronic Keypad Deadbolt Door Lock Featuring SmartKey Security, Satin Nickel
|Price:||& FREE Shipping. Details & FREE Returns|
|You Save:||$16.82 (20%)|
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||3.5 x 5.38 x 9.88 inches|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Key less entry touch pad with a motorized deadbolt and sleek interior; Includes traditional key functionality for peace of mind
- 10 digit back lit audible keypad, one touch locking, 30 second auto lock option, and 16 customizable access codes for increased security
- BHMA Grade 2 certified, UL certified with 20 minute fire rating, and features SmartKey re key technology with Bump Guard protection
- Prior to purchase, please verify that this lock fits your door
- Fits standard doors (1 3/8 inches to 2 inches thick). Please see sizing specifications chart included with product images
- Installs in minutes with just a screwdriver no new screw holes or hard wiring needed. Please see installation video included with product images
- Requires 4 AA batteries for operation (not included)
- Please see specification sheet, installation manual and user manual under technical specification section for additional information
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
More items to explore
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
Secured keyless entry convenience for your home or rental.
10 digit backlit keypad with dedicated lock button for one touch locking.
Dramatically reduced interior with sleek metal design and tamper resistant cover.
Forget to lock your door? Set your 913 to auto-lock after 30 seconds for peace of mind.
SmartKey: Re-key your lock in 3 simple steps
You must have your functioning key and the learn tool for the system to work.
Compare with similar items
Kwikset 92640-001 Contemporary Electronic Keypad Single Cylinder Deadbolt with 1-Touch Motorized Locking, Satin Nickel
Kwikset 99070-101 Powerbolt 2 Door Lock Single Cylinder Electronic Keyless Entry Deadbolt Featuring SmartKey Security in Satin Nickel
Kwikset 98880-004 SmartCode 888 Smart Lock Touchpad Electronic Deadbolt Door Lock with Z-Wave Plus Featuring SmartKey Security in Satin Nickel
Kwikset 99390-001 Halo Wi-Fi Smart Lock Keyless Entry Electronic Touchscreen Deadbolt Featuring SmartKey Security, Satin Nickel
|Color||Satin Nickel||Satin Nickel||Satin Nickel||Satin Nickel||Satin Nickel|
|Item Dimensions||3.50 x 5.38 x 9.88 inches||1.10 x 4.56 x 3.00 inches||3.74 x 5.59 x 7.87 inches||9.74 x 4.24 x 3.99 inches||3.99 x 4.24 x 9.74 inches|
The SmartCode 913 touchpad electronic deadbolt is a one touch locking motorized deadbolt. With your personalized code, you can enter your home with the convenience of keyless entry and the back lit keypad provides increased visibility. SmartCode is easy to install, program and use, and operates on 4 AA batteries. It also features SmartKey Security as the backup keyway. The crisp, clean appearance of the Satin Nickel finish adds to the overall look of the product and brings a modern feel.
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
=== The Good Stuff ===
* The lock has a nice, professional look to it, and the bright brass has a nice shine to it. The buttons light up with an LED green glow (hint-you have to press the lock button to turn on the light), and it genuinely easier to use than fumbling with a key.
* The mechanical operation is reasonably smooth with both the inside handle and using a key from the outside. Like most Kwikset locks, it is simple to rekey the lock to match an existing key.
* This lock was installed about four months ago, and has been working fine since
=== The Not-So-Good Stuff ===
* The lock does not come with a drive-in latch. This is the type that is only a round cylinder, not a strike plate. After waiting a half-hour on the phone, Kwikset sent one in the mail for no charge, although it took two attempts to send the right one. This added a week of delay to the project.
* The installation was a lot simpler than I thought it was. When I first installed the lock, it seemed to have a "hitch" in it. Just turning the mechanical portion of the lock seemed very rough and "clunky". I thought it was installed incorrectly, and spent an afternoon trying to get a smooth mechanical operation. Turns out that is the way it is supposed to be, and it worked fine once the motor was installed.
* If you look closely at the sides of the interior mechanism, you will see two small set screws. These hold in the motor and battery assembly, and also allow you to reach the buttons which allow the unit to be programmed. Unfortunately one of these screw holes were stripped when I received the lock. I just decided to live with it, since the lock had already taken a week to get installed, but I am sure I will regret this. This is a ridiculous problem to have in a $100 lock.
=== Summary ===
After fighting with the installation, the lock has been working fine. But with the "thunk" of the mechanism, and the missing screw, I do not have high hopes for long-term reliable operation.
UPDATE 4/27/18: A little over a year since purchase and all keeps working well. Rechargeable batteries (not included) last several months before needing to be recharged which is an indication of low power consumption. The Auto-Lock feature is, at times, hit or miss but not an issue for us since we mostly make sure to hit the lock button when leaving home. Definitely recommend if wanting an electric lock on a budget
UPDATE 2/17/19: we continue to be very happy with this product but wanted to add an update. In our previous update I mentioned that the auto-lock feature was hit-or-miss. After switching from rechargeable batteries to disposable lithium batteries we noticed that the auto-lock feature has worked 100% of the time. It seems that even fully charged rechargeable batteries lack the power this mechanism requires to operate properly. We also noticed the auto lock feature Works quicker than it did with rechargeable batteries
Top reviews from other countries
SÓLO DURÓ 2 AÑOS. DE PRONTO, SE EMPEZÓ A ESCUCHAR LENTO EL MOTOR. PENSÉ QUE ERA LA PILA, ASÍ QUE LE PUSE NUEVAS, PERO SIGUIÓ IGUAL. PROBÉ COMPRANDO OTRA MARCA DE PILAS, PENSANDO QUE AL ESTAR SIN FUERZA EL MOTOR NO PODÍA SER OTRA COSA MÁS QUE LAS PILAS... PERO PARA MI SORPRESA, A LOS POCOS MINUTOS "MURIÓ" Y YA CON NINGUNAS PILAS FUNCIONA.
LE HABÍA DADO 5 ESTRELLAS POR SU RELACIÓN COSTO BENEFICIO Y SU BUEN FUNCIONAMIENTO, PERO LE HE DEJADO SÓLO CON 2 ESTRELLAS POR SER UN PRODUCTO DESECHABLE Y TAN POCO DURADERO.
Una chapa fácil de instalar. Si no eres experto, seguramente te tomará 40 minutos, mientras que al cerrajero le tomaría 10,
Definitivamente es una chapa para interior, es decir, no puede ser tu chapa principal al pie de la calle. Primero, porque no es resistente al agua y en seguida porque su nivel de seguridad es óptimo para el de una chapa secundaria.
Generalmente no tiene problemas para abrir electrónicamente y, en todo caso, cuando no reconoce el código debes esperar alrededor de 15 segundos para intentar de nuevo o bien usar la llave.
La chapa es compatible con el sistema de llaves SmartKey de Kwikset, por lo que si requieres cambiar la combinación de la llave lo puedes hacer en 3 pasos, comprando el kit de llaves de la marca.
Funciona con 4 pilas AA y llevo alrededor de 4 meses usándola sin que requiera cambio de las mismas.
La compré en oferta el precio de $950.00 y estoy muy satisfecho porque considero que sí es justo en relación costo-beneficio. Sin embargo, al momento en que estoy haciendo la reseña está casi en $4,000.00 Honestamente si bien creo que es un buen producto, creo que no justifica un costo tan elevado, pues por este precio seguramente encontrarás mejores opciones.
So at one point I discovered it didn't have to be complicated and went for this electronic lock instead of a smart lock. This is the best little thing that happen to my house this year. It was installed in ten minutes, had a few codes programmed and it just work. Now I never need to worry if I got my key when going out.
I would have gone for a non motorize model but none of them would fit my small bore hole (1.5" instead of the standard 2 1/8"). The motor takes about 2 seconds to unlock the door which some people find unnerving but I don't mind. It's also a bit noisy but I don't mind that either.
I have been using it for one summer month now so I don't know about battery life yet and also if there are issues in the cold winter months. The motor is inside the house though so I doubt there will be any issue.
Long story short I never thought such an inexpensive lock would bring so much joy (but mostly convenience) in my life.
Oh and the wife loves it too!
in -30 celcius (-39 with windchill) the lock still works. I also have the same batteries in there and it's been a year.
Changed me review to 5 stars.
Installation was pretty easy, took around 30-45 minutes. The instructions were easy to follow which helped. It works well but I noticed it is really noisy, like ridiculously noisy. This is our second electronic deadbolt and our other one only makes a small ``tzittttt`` sound. Now, I don't know if this is because there's some friction but before installation I did notice the bolt was a little tough to move. I hope this won't cause premature breakage in the mechanism. There is no friction between the strike plate and the deadbolt, it's installed correctly
Thumbturn is a little difficult to turn, even when door is open which is kind of odd.
The design is very nice and the material is good quality. Spring is almost here so I don't know how it will resist the -30 celcius we have here in the winter. I hope it holds up.