Save Big On Open-Box & Used Products: Buy "Kwikset SmartCode 916 Z-Wave Touchscreen Electroni...” from Amazon Open-Box & Used and save 60% off the $324.58 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all offers from Amazon Open-Box & Used.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Kwikset SmartCode 916 Z-Wave Touchscreen Electronic Deadbolt with Home Connect Technology, Polished Brass
|Price:||$208.95 & FREE Shipping. Details|
Order it now.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Works with Amazon Alexa for voice control (hub required, Alexa device and hub sold separately)
- Requires 4 AA batteries, purchased separately
- Easily installs in minutes with just a screwdriver
- Customized automatic door locking after 30 seconds for peace of mind
- SmartKey re-key technology - re-key the lock yourself in seconds in 3 easy steps
- Home Connect technology - communicates wirelessly to security and home automation systems via Z-Wave; Z-Wave certification number - ZC08-15060010
- Please see Manual Door Handing video under Related Video Shorts to troubleshoot door jamming and door handing process to align the latch bolt properly to your door and tell if it’s left/right-handed.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
From the manufacturer
At Kwikset, we think people shouldn't have to settle when it comes to home security.
- ANSI/BHMA grade 2 certified.
- 20 minute fire rating - UL certified.
- Patented Bump proof and Pick resistant side locking bar technology.
- Meets or exceeds Underwriter Laboratories (UL) testing requirements specified for each product grade or rating.
Kwikset SmartCode 916 Touchscreen Electronic Deadbolt
Made for the world you live in.
Kwikset, the leader in residential security, introduces the NEW SmartCode 916 Touchscreen Electronic Deadbolt with HomeConnect technology. Expanding your security system solution with a Kwikset SmartCode 916 Touchscreen deadbolt with Home Connect technology will allow the lock to talk wirelessly to security and home automation systems via Z-Wave.
- Designer style and superior security with this Kwikset Signature Series product.
- Bright white LED’s for clear visibility in the brightest sunlight.
- SmartKey technology - the lock you can re-key yourself in seconds in three easy steps.
- Keypad stays lit for 30 seconds after inactivity.
- Customized automatic door locking after 30 seconds for peace of mind.
- Installs in minutes with just a screw driver no hard wiring needed.
- Fits standard doors (1-3/8in. – 2in.) no new screw holes required.
Ultra responsive to touch with your fingertips or the back of your hand. Features an elegant and intuitive user interface. Bright white LED's provide clear visibility day or night.
Secure Screen Technology
Provides additional security by employing random codes prior to entering your personal code to prevent fingerprint and code detection.
One Touch Locking
Lock your door with a single touch. No additional code or key needed. Forgot to lock? Automatic door locking after 30 seconds.
Customizable User Codes
Program up to 30 individual codes for family, friends, contractors or dog walkers. Plus a master code feature for added security.
Lifetime warranty on mechanical and finish. One year for electronics.
- Fits standard doors (1-3/8in. – 2in.) no new screw holes required
What's in the box:
- One Kwikset 916 SmartCode deadbolt
- One deadbolt interior
- Two keys
- Strike plate
- Mounting hardware
- Installation instructions
- User manual
- SmartKey re-key learn tool
Compare to similar items
This item Kwikset SmartCode 916 Z-Wave Touchscreen Electronic Deadbolt with Home Connect Technology, Polished Brass
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Color||Polished Brass||Bright Brass||Traditional Satin Nickel||Satin Nickel||Polished Brass||Satin Nickel|
|Item Dimensions||5.38 x 3.5 x 9.88 in||5.12 x 4.5 x 9.25 in||5.38 x 3.5 x 9.87 in||4 x 10 x 3.5 in||6.1 x 6.1 x 1.34 in||8 x 10.5 x 6.25 in|
Step up to designer styles and superior security with Kwikset Signature Series products. SmartCode touchpad electronic deadbolt is the only one-touch locking motorized deadbolt. With your personalized code, you can enter your home with the convenience of keyless entry and the back-lit keypad provides increased visibility. SmartCode is easy to install, program and use and operates on 4 AA batteries. It also features SmartKey re-key technology as the back-up keyway. This single cylinder deadbolt can be locked or unlocked by using the keypad or key from the outside as well as the turn button from the inside. The Lifetime Polished Brass finish adds to the traditional look and feel of the product and makes a classic statement.
Top customer reviews
Update: It is now 2 weeks later and Kwikset has yet to send me a replacement..
1. Installation: Physically installing the lock is easy. Make sure that there is enough clearance for the bolt to slide smoothly or the motor may fail to lock the door from the keypad. I had this issue but using a Dremel to sand down the wood inside the hole of the receiver plate fixed it.
2. About SmartKey- the instructions for rekeying the lock are misleading. It tells you to turn the working key 90 degrees before inserting the rekey tool but shows a picture with the tool hole on top- that's not possible. You have to rotate the key 270 degrees for the tool hole to be on top. ***The tool hole must be on top or you will make this the most secure lock in the world- no key will open it (ask me how I know...). As long as you know this, rekeying these is a piece of cake. If you mess this up, pick up a Kwikset Smartkey Cylinder Rekey Cradle (not the little metal tooth pick thing that comes with the lock) or if you have lots of patience, this can be done without this cradle - check YouTube. This cradle is NOT sold in stores, but is sold on Amazon. My advice- rekey the lock prior to installing it. If you mess it up, it's easier to fix if it's not already in the door.
3. Programming: Make sure you set a master code- you're asking for trouble otherwise. Integrated very well into my Honeywell Lynx 5210 security system.
Physical install and z-wave set up took approx 90 minutes total.
After taking the Kevo down, the installation of this device was simple. The hardest part was making sure the deadbolt went into the door frame without getting caught. What was nice is we already took care of this issue when we put the Kevo in. Programming of the device (with up to 30 codes) wasn't too bad. We got everyone in the home setup with their own code, and then made a few extras to give to guests who come to the house.
We then paired it with the Wink Smart hub, and after that, we could unlock and lock the device anywhere we had internet. It also showed us the status of the lock. Alexa even can get in on the action and lock the door for us, or tell us the current state of the lock. At this time, you can't unlock the device with Alexa, like you can with other smart locks using a verbal code, but not too worried about that.
All-in-all I would highly recommend this door lock, even if you don't have a smart hub. It is a nice design and easy to use. Even if you forget your key, you are still able to access your home.
Most recent customer reviews
1. The glass on the touch panel cracked under the heat of direct sunlight.
The unit came a little scuffed up. Sure. Not a big deal.Read more