Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 8,024 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 8,731 reviews
on October 3, 2015
I have a 7 pound maltese and a 16 pound bichon. I ended up ordering a 'large' and my bichon loved it, but today I found a junior at a local store and bought that too.

Both sizes are ok for my bichon - at least she thinks so - but the 'large' works better. She has no problem carrying the larger log or getting the squirrels out. With the junior, she'll hoard the squirrels once they're out of the log (they're not small enough to be a choking hazard), but the log holes are smaller and it's harder for her to jam her face in there and pull them out.

With my maltese, it's just the opposite. She had no problem with the large squirrels and she had some fun dragging the larger log around the room, but the combination is too unwieldy for her. The junior is a perfect size.

I've included a few pictures, with a standard AA battery to scale.
review image review image
0Comment| 141 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 11, 2014
I have a 1 year old pitbull mix who is a very strong chewer. I bought this after having read many many reviews knowing that it would probably be torn to pieces but that he would love it while it lasted. I was pleasantly surprised to find that with a little bit of supervision, this toy lasted a few months. He absolutely loves this toy!

The squirrels are the perfect size for him to hold in his mouth and carry around and they're a good size to toss around for a game of catch. If left to his own devices, he will absolutely shred this toy in about a minute. However, when we used it with him - by hiding the squirrels over and over and tossing them in the air for him to catch - and then put it away after playtime, they lasted quite a while. This toy will definitely not hold up to chewing but when used interactively and with supervision it's fun and will last a bit longer.

The squirrels have quite a few seams and are easy to tear apart. There's not really a whole lot of stuffing so not a huge mess but a mess nonetheless. The squeaker is just stuck in there with the stuffing with not extra reinforcement or protection so be aware of that if your dog likes to kill things that squeak. I really like that you can buy replacement squirrels and they're not that expensive.

The tree stump itself has generally held up well, although there is some tearing around the holes just from the dog shoving his nose in there over and over again. Some extra reinforcement around the openings would be wonderful and would make this last even longer.

Bottom line, I think most dogs would love this toy and if you're willing to supervise the play this should be a must buy. However, if your dog is a heavy chewer and you're looking for something you can leave out for them to play with at will, this is probably not the best choice.
review image
0Comment| 124 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 27, 2015
Well my dog absolutely loved the toy. As soon as he saw it, he was obsessed --pulling the squirrels out, running around, chewing, and fetch. However, my dog loves to rip the seams on toys and the squirrels didn't last more than a day. He had a blast dismembering each and every one though. The "tree" has lasted about a month and he still loves playing with it, even without the squirrels. I've never seen him take to a toy as much as this one.
review image review image
0Comment| 118 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Enthusiast: Petson August 5, 2016
This item looked nothing like in the pictures. There were only 4 holes on the side and one on the top that were TOO big to fit a squirrel without one falling out or into the tree trunk. The squirrels had some really crumbly glue on their head that my dog started choking on it after biting the doll's hair to carry it somewhere else. The squirrels had no whiskers AT ALL, but that's fine, I guess. They were stuffed to the max that they look like a ball and can barely stand.. Hahaha. The tree trunk had too many strings, fur, and fabric falling out from inside the trunk that at times, my dog would choke on them as well. On the bottom of the trunk, there's a plastic plate that is suppose to help the trunk stand, but instead the folding plate is just annoying to fix, so I just let it lay. Because my dog seems to love it so much and played with it for a really long time without getting bored of it, yet... I decided to just keep it and hopefully get used to it.
on August 12, 2017
MY german shepherd loves her toys. But she was very underwelmed by this one. Really no interest in pulling the squirrels out of the tree trunk. The squirrels are pretty small, so there is a lot of empty space in the trunk. We tried hiding treats in it to get her interested. She just nudged the squirrels aside to grab the treats and when the treats were gons, so was she.
on August 11, 2017
Fun for both my dogs!! This is much smaller than I thought it would be. The squirrels are about the size of a real hamster.
My dogs like to play with both the squirrels and the tree. Only one squirrel has been gutted and had it's squeeker removed so far, so this toy is fairly durable too. I have a Rottie/Boxer/Pit mix and she likes to destroy things.
on August 13, 2017
My 23 pound beagle likes the squirrels this toy set comes with. But she isn't interested at all in the tree stump. I ordered the large thinking it would be large, but it's so tiny! I don't really understand how it's an interactive toy. The first time we gave it to her she just pulled the squirrel out of the giant hole in the top and walked away. I wouldn't recommend.
on August 10, 2017
My dog likes this but the product is very poorly constructed. The stitching of one of the squirrel's backs was breaking apart right out of the box, and that squirrel only lasted a couple of days. I would have returned the entire item, if it had required less effort and energy. Disappointing.
on August 13, 2017
I bought the large squirrel toy for my 30-lb Boston Terrier mix, and it is by far her favorite toy! She has a zillion other toys, but while the other toys end up collecting dust in her toy basket after a few uses, she has had this one for two months and loves it more every day. This is the only plush toy she has that she hasn't torn to shreds, maybe because the squirrels are too small for her to chew up? She likes to carry the tree stump around, shake it until the squirrels fly out, then collect them and bring them all together again for me to put back inside. She also likes to chase and squeak the squirrels individually. Best bang-for-my-buck dog toy I've bought!
on August 16, 2017
maybe for a tiny dog, that does not have strong jaws this is fine. I have a European Dobermann and it took him 3 min to completely destroy it. He got all three animals out, then i guess thought there were more, so he proceeded to open it up completely.